10 step pay raises

Oldfart

See my last post. The fact is you topped out a long time ago and were oblivious to what was going on around you. It was working for you, so must be working for everyone, right? By the way, there were a number of years that topped out people got 3% and we got 2%. If you make $15hr and get 2%, that's 30 cents. Topped out guy making $21hr(just throwing out numbers for comparison), got 63 cents on 3%. Year over year you guys were pulling away from us. At the same time starting pay was increasing 3%. After a number of years midrange employees were way behind top out, and not far ahead of starting pay. And then with the new pay plan employees with 10+ years were starting near bottom rung, no reward for all those years of hard work. Anyone who thinks the company was fair to midrange employees during this period is either oblivious, deranged, or a lying schill. Which are you?
You said people that were not topped out got UP to 7% raises based on reviews. NOW you say you got 2%. Which is it?

MAKAVELI

Sorry Smith "YOU JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT". My medical is $35.77 per week. Dental is $7.95 a week. Vision is $3.95 a week. That is less than $50 per week. Those are ALL family rates. Comes straight from my pay stub. Not gonna call you a liar, even though you are trying to justify WRONG information and it proves you are indeed a whiner. I will instead say you are just misinformed about the insurance premiums.
You are on the lowest plan available. High deductible, limited provider network, lower coverage, and a high out of pocket maximum. Yeah, great deal. Lmao!

vantexan

You said people that were not topped out got UP to 7% raises based on reviews. NOW you say you got 2%. Which is it?
Are you having trouble with your eyes? They had a system in place for awhile that gave up to a 7% raise based on your review. Then they chopped raise almost in half. Then the next year they raised that up a little bit. Then they scrapped it altogether giving 2% raises, one year no raise.

vantexan

Sorry Smith "YOU JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT". My medical is $35.77 per week. Dental is $7.95 a week. Vision is $3.95 a week. That is less than $50 per week. Those are ALL family rates. Comes straight from my pay stub. Not gonna call you a liar, even though you are trying to justify WRONG information and it proves you are indeed a whiner. I will instead say you are just misinformed about the insurance premiums.
One little detail, insurance costs the same whether you're topped out or starting out. Which employees have an easier time paying it?

DeliveryException

My insurance is $93 a week for family plus the vision and dental. So 410-420 a month. That's the premium plan. Each year it seems the plan gets more expensive with lesser benefits. A few years ago the Cigna plan was pretty good, $20-25
Copay, 25 visits to chiropractor if you used them. Now if you have to go to the emergency room you better not have to go 3 times since they only pay for 2. And that's if they approve it.

!Retired!

You are on the lowest plan available. High deductible, limited provider network, lower coverage, and a high out of pocket maximum. Yeah, great deal. Lmao!
$1850 deductible, $4850 max out of pocket per individual on the lowest plan. That's not outrageous.

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

$1850 deductible, $4850 max out of pocket per individual on the lowest plan. That's not outrageous.
That's not what I call a benefit. You could probably get the same on the exchanges on your own. You are also forgetting FedEx is self insured which reduces their costs significantly.

Oldfart

Smith still gave inaccurate figures. Was he mistaken or just telling a lie? He said $90 a week for what I have. It is almost half what he said.

MAKAVELI

Smith still gave inaccurate figures. Was he mistaken or just telling a lie? He said $90 a week for what I have. It is almost half what he said.
It's $100+ a week for the " Premium Plan ". That's what he is talking about. Your plan is only ok for a completely healthy family. One trip to the ER or family members with pre existing conditions and you'll find out just how " great " your plan is.

dezguy

Man, anyone who bitches about taxes up here, I'm sending them to read this thread.

How you guys and gals afford medical services is beyond me.

Oldfart

Try $400+/mo for a family 100/w for the premium plan, 90/week for the lower plan
Don't ask customers, just ask your check out nurse when leaving the doctors office, most comment on how high our rates are.

HRA rollover... haha wouldn't know a family of 5 blows through that in the first 3-4months of the year.
Hey Tupac, try reading this post. Smith SAID the lower insurance is $90 a week. I have the lower insurance. The CHOICE insurance is less than $50. Just more proof Smith does not tell the truth and I guess proves your reading ability is suspect. Not sure.

Oldfart

It's $100+ a week for the " Premium Plan ". That's what he is talking about. Your plan is only ok for a completely healthy family. One trip to the ER or family members with pre existing conditions and you'll find out just how " great " your plan is.
There is VERY little difference in the Choice and Premium except for bout $55 per week in weekly premiums. One pays 80%, the other 70%. The deductibles are a little different and out of the pocket max is slightly higher on 1 than the other. Take that $55 per week difference and put it in the bank and one day you look up and there is $1500-$1800 in the bank. Clearly enough to cover the difference in the 2 plans coverage. Have a good year with your health, next thing you know there is $2500 in the bank. A fellow employee at my station showed me that plan several years ago and my CPA did the math at tax season and confirmed it is a good plan. Have the discipline to save that $55 instead of paying the higher premium and you have a safety net to help with the additional out of pocket. It won't work with unhealthy families but if you do the math, it will work for many people that are paying the higher premiums that can get by with the cheaper plan.

MAKAVELI

There is VERY little difference in the Choice and Premium except for bout $55 per week in weekly premiums. One pays 80%, the other 70%. The deductibles are a little different and out of the pocket max is slightly higher on 1 than the other. Take that $55 per week difference and put it in the bank and one day you look up and there is $1500-$1800 in the bank. Clearly enough to cover the difference in the 2 plans coverage. Have a good year with your health, next thing you know there is $2500 in the bank. A fellow employee at my station showed me that plan several years ago and my CPA did the math at tax season and confirmed it is a good plan. Have the discipline to save that $55 instead of paying the higher premium and you have a safety net to help with the additional out of pocket. It won't work with unhealthy families but if you do the math, it will work for many people that are paying the higher premiums that can get by with the cheaper plan.
FedEx plans suck because they penalize you if you use it. Plain and simple.

Star B

White Lightening
I ran the numbers and it works out this way:
You can go with the cheap plan and save the cash per paycheck, but you'll pay quite a bit if you need it.
You go with the premium plan but you pay quite a bit more per paycheck, but if you need services, it will be less of a hit at the time.

Oldfart

I ran the numbers and it works out this way:
You can go with the cheap plan and save the cash per paycheck, but you'll pay quite a bit if you need it.
You go with the premium plan but you pay quite a bit more per paycheck, but if you need services, it will be less of a hit at the time.
If you save the $55 per week and use it when services are required, there is very little difference with out of the pocket. If you don't max out your out of pocket every year, the Choice plan can be better. Just how many people max out their out of pocket EVERY year. Every year? The odds just don't say you will. That's what insurance is anyway. Figuring the odds on needing the coverage.

vantexan

I've answered you repeatedly after you called me a liar and twisted my words. Now you're ignoring my reply. Are you going to be man enough to admit you are wrong? Probably not. After all, that's the MO of your favorite company. Admit nothing, spin everything.

It will be fine

Find me the same plan, for the same $35.77/week for 2 people.
It will depend on your income under the ACA exchanges. If the only income is the $35-40k of an express driver, depending on your local insurance market, you could easily get the same coverage for that after subsidies.

Meat

So Mr.Know-It-All, let's see you work long hours on heavy rts then go to school. Yeah, guys like you work minimal hours and go to school to get into management so that you don't have to work.

Surprise, suprise, suprise - you're sadly mistaken. I've worked 60 hour weeks while going to school full-time. It's not fun, but if something is important, you find ways to make it work. I find it amusing that you seem to think you are the only person in the world that is a hard worker.

And you think the solution is to get a degree so that you can help people like this make more and more, and get thrown a bone like the little lapdog you are.

Um, no. I think the solution is to get a degree (or just apply for other jobs?) so you can find employment where you don't feel compelled to spend countless hours complaining on a message board. Oh, well; perhaps the people you vote for (i.e. the government) will get it done for you. As for myself, I take the responsibility to make things happen on my own; and quite frankly my approach seems to work MUCH better. You knew in your early thirties who you were working for and chose not to take any action. Did you think the government was going to save you? People on this board would respect you a lot more if you just took responsibility for your actions, rather than blaming the company for your sorry state.