10 step pay raises

vantexan

Either way, you seem to have more horror stories claiming you have been lied to and everything else. I have been with the company twice as long as you and even though I have only been at 1 station, I have had dozens of managers and I have seen or experienced very little of what you claim. Like I said, JUST maybe it is because you are a tool that managers did you wrong. Managers don't get mad, they get even.
I was with the company 29 years on the clock Captain Oblivious. No, you didn't transfer around. If you had you would find out quick that the route that was open was usually the worst in the station. Often with horrendous conditions. For example, Eagle Pass, TX. I was a domicile there. Mgr lied to me about location of his job opening to get me to take that location. I wanted a domicile, but had no idea what I was getting into. Started at 1000. Coworker drove mostly full 900 from station, I got 2/3rds to 3/4th that freight. By time offloaded, scanned, sorted, reached first stop by 1110 to 1120. Had until 1730 to do 75-95 dels plus pickups. Had to be at last stop by 1730 to process hundreds of boxes and bulk out the 900 and my 700. Then drove 60 miles to meet shuttle and offload freight. Usually did my paperwork around 2000-2015 and then took hour lunch. Then drove home, off by 2200-2230. And for close to 4 months every year temps were in the 100's with humidity. I ran like a dog, sweated like a horse. For $12.52hr. And when mgr tried to stand in way of my leaving I brought up his lie, something he didn't know I knew. He got fired a few months after I left. Was trying to force co-workers to work off clock. Matter of fact Captain Oblivious most of the abusive mgrs I worked with were eventually fired. And here I was on a number of occasions transferring rather than reporting their abuses because I didn't want to affect their families. But I don't mind saying that the corporate culture is rotten at it's core, causing mgrs to do things to keep their jobs, climbing over anyone to get at money. Not all of them, but a very high percentage.

Oldfart

I was with the company 29 years on the clock Captain Oblivious. No, you didn't transfer around. If you had you would find out quick that the route that was open was usually the worst in the station. Often with horrendous conditions. For example, Eagle Pass, TX. I was a domicile there. Mgr lied to me about location of his job opening to get me to take that location. I wanted a domicile, but had no idea what I was getting into. Started at 1000. Coworker drove mostly full 900 from station, I got 2/3rds to 3/4th that freight. By time offloaded, scanned, sorted, reached first stop by 1110 to 1120. Had until 1730 to do 75-95 dels plus pickups. Had to be at last stop by 1730 to process hundreds of boxes and bulk out the 900 and my 700. Then drove 60 miles to meet shuttle and offload freight. Usually did my paperwork around 2000-2015 and then took hour lunch. Then drove home, off by 2200-2230. And for close to 4 months every year temps were in the 100's with humidity. I ran like a dog, sweated like a horse. For $12.52hr. And when mgr tried to stand in way of my leaving I brought up his lie, something he didn't know I knew. He got fired a few months after I left. Was trying to force co-workers to work off clock. Matter of fact Captain Oblivious most of the abusive mgrs I worked with were eventually fired. And here I was on a number of occasions transferring rather than reporting their abuses because I didn't want to affect their families. But I don't mind saying that the corporate culture is rotten at it's core, causing mgrs to do things to keep their jobs, climbing over anyone to get at money. Not all of them, but a very high percentage.

PLEASE STOP. Allow me to go get a tissue to wipe the tears from my eyes.

Meat

PLEASE STOP. Allow me to go get a tissue to wipe the tears from my eyes.

Beloved, The Orphan Master's Son, American Rust - I have read a lot of stories where the central character is subject to unimaginable cruelty and injustice, but Van's story takes the cake. How he has been able to endure is a testament to his character and fortitude.

Oldfart

Beloved, The Orphan Master's Son, American Rust - I have read a lot of stories where the central character is subject to unimaginable cruelty and injustice, but Van's story takes the cake. How he has been able to endure is a testament to his character and fortitude.
Character? Fortitude? Na. He is just a total tool and the managers got tired of him quickly or he is lying. EVERY story he tells, even those from 20 years ago, he was lied to, forced to walk up hill BOTH WAYS to make deliveries. Had to push his van to the next stop. Forced to swim in snake infested waters to get to his work area. Had to siphon gas from 1 van to another to refuel his truck. Had to make his own uniforms with a sewing machine.

Meat

Character? Fortitude? Na. He is just a total tool and the managers got tired of him quickly or he is lying. EVERY story he tells, even those from 20 years ago, he was lied to, forced to walk up hill BOTH WAYS to make deliveries. Had to push his van to the next stop. Forced to swim in snake infested waters to get to his work area. Had to siphon gas from 1 van to another to refuel his truck. Had to make his own uniforms with a sewing machine.

At times, when I read about some of the things she has gone through, I'm crestfallen.

Nolimitz

If you come up with a creative way to make the most of your retirement, and tell us about it, I won't mock you for it.
I can assure you when the time comes it wont be sitting in a café staring at a computer screen, We like to travel have a cabin in the mountains (w/ no internet or cable tv, enjoy boating on the lake. A little fishing, sitting on the beach... time with family and friends

dezguy

I just don't understand why people have a problem with what van is doing. He's living his live the way he wants to live it.

If living in Mexico for a year before jetting off to Europe is his way of living the life, why would anyone care? It's his life.

I say good on him for doing what he wants to do. It may not be my plan for retirement but good on him for take the chance and doing what makes him happy.