22.4 full time combination driver hired off the street

freehoodies

It’s this a good position to start at I’m looking to make this my last stop and retire here. Also when do I start paying my union dues.
As far as entry level positions go its probably the best option that doesn’t require college or any real training.

Trade off is long hours, very physical work. At times frustrating (thats an understatement) and you won’t know what you will be doing for the day until about 5 minutes before your shift starts. And no real idea on what time you will be done for the day.

But once you put in the time you get basically the best healthcare coverage you can find, a 6 figure income (with overtime of course, but theres always work available) and paid vacation time. And some days are just great. Driving around in good weather listening to radio/podcasts feels like stealing labor sometimes.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
UPS will adjust your dispatch to make sure they have enough available hours to work 6 days a week.

looking forward to a change in dispatch. out of 50+ drivers at my center there's perhaps fewer than 5 below me. according to the senior pre loaders i have the consistently worst truck there. every day is christmas.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
no "regerts" here, one day is as good as another. i don't live to watch athletes take a knee on the weekends so i'd rather have a monday so i can take care of my kids. if that's not your cup of tea, don't drink it.
You didn’t have a choice , you sign or get jumped..UPS WINS..Kids want daddy home on Saturday to watch the baseball game they are playing in...you won’t be there :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

looking forward to a change in dispatch. out of 50+ drivers at my center there's perhaps fewer than 5 below me. according to the senior pre loaders i have the consistently worst truck there. every day is christmas.
It's not going to get any better please don't forget yourself. Bank at extra money and get out as early as you can

PT Car Washer

50 drivers in a Center? Wow. How many Centers in your building?

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
50 drivers in a Center? Wow. How many Centers in your building?

not sure, how about we say there are 50 drivers in my building which is one of the smaller buildings in my city? metro area just over 1million people and steadily growing so hopefully i'll get a nice comfy 80 stop route before i'm too old to know what it is.

PT Car Washer

not sure, how about we say there are 50 drivers in my building which is one of the smaller buildings in my city? metro area just over 1million people and steadily growing so hopefully i'll get a nice comfy 80 stop route before i'm too old to know what it is.
I thought you were in some rural center in like South Dakota or Montana. An 80 stop route in my building would be close to 200 miles and a 10 hour day of sucking gravel dust.

2Down2Many2Go

no "regerts" here, one day is as good as another. i don't live to watch athletes take a knee on the weekends so i'd rather have a monday so i can take care of my kids. if that's not your cup of tea, don't drink it.
Wtf does taking a knee have to do with you being Hired Off The Street ?