30 Minute Break Problem (Mass.Only?)

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Really? Find a bitter and whining post about work or pay or benefits from me.
That's a red herring. I commented on your "not a bitter thought in my head" statement.
Now can YOU go back through all of your posts and honestly say you cannot find any bitterness whatsoever in any of them?
I've been around just about as long as you. Quit giving us old farts a bad name! :(

SmithBarney

If it's your state law Fedex could probably get in trouble even with you going over 3 minutes.

It's like not "take an hour break if your going to be over 8 rule" that's their own rule and you absolutely don't have to do that

the 6hr:30min break rule is a FEDEX rule, which helps keep parttimers on the road longer to "help" if needed

the 8hr rules isActually DOT, you cannot work more than 8hours uninterrupted, the break period is intended for you to be rested, and not a danger on the road.

McFeely

Huge Member
the 6hr:30min break rule is a FEDEX rule, which helps keep parttimers on the road longer to "help" if needed

Purplepackage and I live in a state where we're required to do a 30-min break for any shift over 5 hours. It's a state law and likely FX would get fined if caught not allowing the 30-min break, thus the big reaction for our managers for break infractions.

As for the 8hr/60-min break...I have taken a total of maybe 2 60-min breaks in the last 12 months. I'm a DOT courier and haven't heard a single thing about it. I regularly work 10+ hours each day. In fact, my DRA route is built with only a 30-min break included and over 8 hours of on-road planned.

I'm not saying some stations don't get hounded about the 60-min breaks, just saying it has never come up at my station. Especially with reference to it being a DOT issue.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I understand that this forum is cathartic, especially for constipated, crotchety, infirm old farts.
And I derive this from the constant negative insults you publish.

vantexan

Birds of a feather flock together. Whinny asz crying punks. Life is just too short to be miserable 24/7 like you are.
But in your world FedEx can do no wrong. You attack the character of anyone who points out that they didn't get the same deal you got, even though for years FedEx was saying they would very soon. The only reason FedEx finally came up with something better is because in many stations they couldn't keep enough new hires and the old guys like you with better deals were finally retiring in ever bigger numbers. They stretched out lousy pay for as long as they could get away with it. You refuse to admit that and insist we could've left for something better. But they had us over a barrel with a lousy economy. For most who had mortgages, kids, car payments they were effectively stuck. You'd go a long way towards mending your reputation here if instead of attacking everyone who's critical you would just admit that for at least a decade or two FedEx took advantage of people so that they could keep their profits up while spending large sums to build up Ground. If FedEx was truly sincere about doing right by those who bore the brunt of this then when they initiated the new pay plan they would've said ok, you've got 10 years in, you are topped out. Thank you for hanging in there all those years when you were expected to settle for a lot less. They could have also said to those who worked a lot of years towards their traditional pension that once they reached 25 years they would be placed into new pension. But rather than give people a chance to earn a full traditional they were forced into something that gave them a lot less. The sad thing is rather than admit FedEx could have handled it a lot better you will now come on and say I'm a whiner, a punk, etc. I suspect that in the days when unions first started you'd be one of the fellows companies brought in to beat with clubs picketers on picket lines. We are critical because we earned the right to be. We lived up to our end, working hard for promised compensation. They didn't live up to their end.

Oldfart

But in your world FedEx can do no wrong. You attack the character of anyone who points out that they didn't get the same deal you got, even though for years FedEx was saying they would very soon. The only reason FedEx finally came up with something better is because in many stations they couldn't keep enough new hires and the old guys like you with better deals were finally retiring in ever bigger numbers. They stretched out lousy pay for as long as they could get away with it. You refuse to admit that and insist we could've left for something better. But they had us over a barrel with a lousy economy. For most who had mortgages, kids, car payments they were effectively stuck. You'd go a long way towards mending your reputation here if instead of attacking everyone who's critical you would just admit that for at least a decade or two FedEx took advantage of people so that they could keep their profits up while spending large sums to build up Ground. If FedEx was truly sincere about doing right by those who bore the brunt of this then when they initiated the new pay plan they would've said ok, you've got 10 years in, you are topped out. Thank you for hanging in there all those years when you were expected to settle for a lot less. They could have also said to those who worked a lot of years towards their traditional pension that once they reached 25 years they would be placed into new pension. But rather than give people a chance to earn a full traditional they were forced into something that gave them a lot less. The sad thing is rather than admit FedEx could have handled it a lot better you will now come on and say I'm a whiner, a punk, etc. I suspect that in the days when unions first started you'd be one of the fellows companies brought in to beat with clubs picketers on picket lines. We are critical because we earned the right to be. We lived up to our end, working hard for promised compensation. They didn't live up to their end.
Cry me a river. You cry every minute of every day and bring up stuff that happened 15 to 20 years ago. You don't work for the company and yet you continue crying like a baby. Grow a pair. Not that you have a need for them.

vantexan

Cry me a river. You cry every minute of every day and bring up stuff that happened 15 to 20 years ago. You don't work for the company and yet you continue crying like a baby. Grow a pair. Not that you have a need for them.
P.S. The stuff I brought up recently about the bad mgr happened in 2012.

Oldfart

sure couldn't tell it from the vast majority of your posts :sad:
Once again, find a post of mine where I complain and whine about my pay or benefits like tex does. No complaints from me. Where else can a person make almost 28.50 an hour while driving a van with some ice cold air, thanks to my fine vehicle mechanic, and listen to the new Beatles channel on Sirius radio all day. Life is good.

Oldfart

P.S. The stuff I brought up recently about the bad mgr happened in 2012.
2012, 2010,2005,2001 heck, your entire career you got crapped on because you were such a pain in the butt, managers had to hate you. Sorry employees just can't catch a break. You whine and cry about a pension plan that was eliminated 8 or 10 years ago. It isn't coming back. Move on or continue being the miserable person you wake up as everyday.