3Q Earnings

corp is getting desperate, NOF is the only thing going on right now that makes sense but we are bleeding profit so hard I don't think anything is off the table

good time to be in IE though, we are the only people who know any math to justify our own jobs

I would expect ORS and inside sup jobs to start vanishing with IE being brought in to replace most of what they did after automation

Staydryitsraining

corp is getting desperate, NOF is the only thing going on right now that makes sense but we are bleeding profit so hard I don't think anything is off the table

good time to be in IE though, we are the only people who know any math to justify our own jobs

I would expect ORS and inside sup jobs to start vanishing with IE being brought in to replace most of what they did after automation
Pretty sure profit was around 5 and 6 before covid explosion. Last year we did 9b. Were healthy.

Pullman Brown

NOF?

Thebrownblob

1721835169804.png

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
I was being sarcastic. The company pocketed 9b last year. This company isn't going anywhere. Every so often people love to post on here about how x y z is happening and the company can't keep going bla bla bla bla. Shut up go buy some mres and pretend some more.
Oh yeah. You’re DEFINITELY one of those guys that claimed Amazon would never be able to deliver their own stuff. Shut up and go finish your “safety committee” demo.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

Pretty sure profit was around 5 and 6 before covid explosion. Last year we did 9b. Were healthy.
We’ve been losing accounts since COVID. More during negotiations and some aren’t coming back anytime soon. Our volume went up (finally) but profits are lower on on what we gained vs the profit on the pieces we lost. Our service has declined. Our competitors deliver seven days per week while we hold packages for entire zip codes regardless of service level and with no regard for medication and other time sensitive items.

We may be “healthy” now but these trends aren’t healthy long term.

Thebrownblob

We’ve been losing accounts since COVID. More during negotiations and some aren’t coming back anytime soon. Our volume went up (finally) but profits are lower on on what we gained vs the profit on the pieces we lost. Our service has declined. Our competitors deliver seven days per week while we hold packages for entire zip codes regardless of service level and with no regard for medication and other time sensitive items.

We may be “healthy” now but these trends aren’t healthy long term.
Which is exactly why I would not invest in this company right now. Carol Is causing them to flounder.

Having said that they have every right to run the company into the ground if they so choose, it’s not our choice.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

Which is exactly why I would not invest in this company right now. Carol Is causing them to flounder.

Having said that they have every right to run the company into the ground if they so choose, it’s not our choice.
If I thought UPS could actually rebound from this foolishness in the near future I’d say it’s a good time to invest in it. “Buy low”and all that. But I don’t think they will anytime soon. Maybe never. “Better. Not bigger.” Is turning into “Worse. Smaller. Less profitable.”