4 Minneapolis officers fired in death of black man

oldngray

nowhere special
From the earlier video it did look like he was calmly complying with the police. Unless something else happened between videos the cop was way out of line and should face charges. He would get charged anyway in such a political case but looking like he deserves it.

newfie

I don't believe that you can sit there and look at that tape, just as the community looked at it, and find rationales that could justify what occurred. . . .

The only rationality I have consistently applied is that i would like to see all of the evidence come out. Nothing is a given until all the evidence has been reviewed but that does not stop anyone here and on TV from providing their expert video analysis.

Did the cop have his knee directly on the neck or was it wedged on the area where the neck comes out of the shoulder ?
Did the perp die from stangulation or did he have other medical issues that caused his death?
What was cop number 2 doing behind the car , it appears he is still trying to somehow restrain the guy after a 10 minute battle.
how do we know about the 10 minute battle to restrain him? The asian cop and the guys buddy both talk about it in the video.
How do we know the guy may still be resisting somehow laying on the ground. because the perps buddy is begging him to give up and get in the car.
My feeling is the point where the perp passes out is what condemns the cops for not doing something different.

but the video does not tell the whole story. Show me the 10 battle from body cameras where the guy refuses to comply and fights to keep from getting put in the car.

show me the autopsy and lets see if the knee actually killed the guy.

we've seen too many of these events in the past that were never as they were initially presented.

the good news is the guy who was a career bum died in a democratic stronghold. the city will be throwing money at him and may even name a rec center after him as baltimore did for their dead drug runner.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I believe someone earlier questioned the rioters' motivations. I replied that old memories, especially those reinforced by family members, are often slow to fade. Then, incidents like the one in Minneapolis, bring it all back to the surface.
BS.

You don't go steal stuff to protest injustice.
You steal stuff because you are a POS who wanted to steal stuff.

oldngray

nowhere special
The only rationality I have consistently applied is that i would like to see all of the evidence come out. Nothing is a given until all the evidence has been reviewed but that does not stop anyone here and on TV from providing their expert video analysis.

Did the cop have his knee directly on the neck or was it wedged on the area where the neck comes out of the shoulder ?
Did the perp die from stangulation or did he have other medical issues that caused his death?
What was cop number 2 doing behind the car , it appears he is still trying to somehow restrain the guy after a 10 minute battle.
how do we know about the 10 minute battle to restrain him? The asian cop and the guys buddy both talk about it in the video.
How do we know the guy may still be resisting somehow laying on the ground. because the perps buddy is begging him to give up and get in the car.
My feeling is the point where the perp passes out is what condemns the cops for not doing something different.

but the video does not tell the whole story. Show me the 10 battle from body cameras where the guy refuses to comply and fights to keep from getting put in the car.

show me the autopsy and lets see if the knee actually killed the guy.

we've seen too many of these events in the past that were never as they were initially presented.

the good news is the guy who was a career bum died in a democratic stronghold. the city will be throwing money at him and may even name a rec center after him as baltimore did for their dead drug runner.
He will still be voting Democratic in the next election.

newfie

That was a lifeless body they put on the stretcher so I am pretty sure he wasn't talking the entire time he was on his neck. I wouldn't mind seeing the body cam footage to see this 10 minute fight of 1 on 4 while one of them is handcuffed either

agreed . I would love to see someone do the research and see how many police departments have been trained on this type of restraint and what they have been trained to do. These police also receive enough medical training to recognize that at some point this guy needed help.

newfie

I don't think EMT's can declare a person legally dead. Only a Doctor or the coroner. He was a DOA at the hospital. Didn't even look like the EMT's were trying to resuscitate him.ui

they are allowed to try to resuscitate him at the scene. they almost look like they wanted to hurry up and get the guy out of there.

oldngray

nowhere special
Well, genius, do you think they have heard stories from grandparents or seen videos of police in the south attacking civil rights marchers? Add in the more recent videos and I think you can understand.
Videos from the south of 70 years ago are so relevant to a kid in Minnesota today.

Right?