4 Minneapolis officers fired in death of black man

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
newfie said:
who didn't enjoy watching CNN get attacked last night.
I'm glad CNN got trashed here in Atlanta ... woke their dumb asses up.
CNN was pretty good in the early years. Hasn't been worth wasting your time on for a long time.
It was OK during Obama ... one could actually understand what the Administrations policies and actions were even if CNN applauded them and hid any detrimental aspects.
FOX was as bad as CNN and MSNBC are now under Obama.
I watch those three mostly and for entertainment value rather than the news.
Even the left-wing rags stopped calling the people who are rioting, looting and destroying things protestors.
Now they are calling them rioters and looters.

oldngray

nowhere special
It was OK during Obama ... one could actually understand what the Administrations policies and actions were even if CNN applauded them and hid any detrimental aspects.
Even the left-wing rags stopped calling the people who are rioting, looting and destroying things protestors.
CNN was good during the gulf war and 9/11 but went downhill during 2nd Bush. It was already pretty bad during Obama but nothing like it is now.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yep ... now it's as bad as MSNBC and FOX.
You could flip a coin between CNN and MSNBC but at least Fox shows some of the other side. Its opinion shows are mostly bad but when it come to news is pretty good. Fox has changed a lot recently since Murdoch's liberal sons took over. It isn't even close to being as conservative as it used to be.

For real news you pretty much need the internet and a BS filter.

newfie

I used to watch CNN and MSNBC a lot more under Obama. Morning Joe back then was actually enjoyable.

oldngray

nowhere special
I used to watch CNN and MSNBC a lot more under Obama. Morning Joe back then was actually enjoyable.
I watched MSBNC some during the 1990's. They didn't go off the deep end until 10 or 15 years later. I would still watch it a little until it became too painful to watch.

newfie

I figure your TV only broadcasted Fox News.

I'm a watch alot of different sources and figure out where the truth is in the middle kind of watcher.

I actually enjoy watching how different media sources spin the same story. Its amazing how adding or subtracting a word or phrase can put a different spin on the story.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I'm a watch alot of different sources and figure out where the truth is in the middle kind of watcher.

I actually enjoy watching how different media sources spin the same story. Its amazing how adding or subtracting a word or phrase can put a different spin on the story.
That's pretty much what I do as well.
I can't stand Shannity or Madcow so 9 - 10 p.m. Eastern is a music hour!

newfie

the night this story broke I bounced around a lot to see how it was covered. Including Hannity. This story may have been the first one where no one regardless of who it was tried to in any way defend the police. The video was powerful testimony and undeniably brutal. Even if the final autopsy finds that the knee on the neck was not the cause of death that visual was still incredibly shocking. Holding another mans head down to the pavement like that with the knee and full body weight is beyond being explainable.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
the night this story broke I bounced around a lot to see how it was covered. Including Hannity. This story may have been the first one where no one regardless of who it was tried to in any way defend the police. The video was powerful testimony and undeniably brutal. Even if the final autopsy finds that the knee on the neck was not the cause of death that visual was still incredibly shocking. Holding another mans head down to the pavement like that with the knee and full body weight is beyond being explainable.
Yes I'm curious to see how terribly the autopsy reports say his head was scratched up from all that weight.....