4 Minneapolis officers fired in death of black man

zimbomb

Umbrellas are common in Hong Kong protests. Pretty useful tool in deflecting projectiles and what not. Now the umbrella man might have used it to be easier to spot in case the situation got out of hand.

rod

Retired 23 years
Did it really look like George Floyd was putting up resistance in any of the videos or are we assuming? I want to have an informed opinion here.
I saw one video where it looked like he was tussling with them while being taken out of his car. Before this is all done I'm sure we will hear the other side of the story and see some new videos. NO-I'm not saying the cops were right-just that there is always 2 side of a story and usually a 3rd side.

rod

Retired 23 years
While I’m not liberal, seeing the video of “Umbrella Man” definitely made me wonder as to who he is and what were his motives. He obviously wasn’t there to protest or loot. What is your theory?
Umbrella man was proud to show off his fancy new toy he had just looted. Nothing more than that.

zimbomb

How much do bad cop's, bad law enforcement organizations cost the tax payer. Seems like a :censored2: ton. I think the free market should decide what it costs to employ them. A malpractice type insurance for cop's would put an end to this :censored2: pretty quickly.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
How much do bad cop's, bad law enforcement organizations cost the tax payer. Seems like a :censored2: ton. I think the free market should decide what it costs to employ them. A malpractice type insurance for cop's would put an end to this :censored2: pretty quickly.
How much did George Floyd's multiple arrests and five years in prison cost the tax payer?

How much will the damage caused by the animals rioting cost people?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Standardized approach to dealing with those resisting arrest would help along with additional penalties for those resisting.

zimbomb

How much did George Floyd's multiple arrests and five years in prison cost the tax payer?

How much will the damage caused by the animals rioting cost people?
Oh man you got me, I'll go back in my hole. If you have an actual argument to something as simple as liability insurance I'll pop back out.

zimbomb

What is your expertise regarding liability insurance and the cost it would bring?
The concept has been floating around for year's. There is already a market place for optional coverage. The idea would be the institution would pay for the average coverage and the individual would have to cover any premium increases that would arise from... I don't know doing dumb :censored2:. :censored2: a good cop might even get to keep their lower costs to employ. As for your question I move box's for a living...

Last edited:

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Not to excuse that cop, he rightly so is facing charges, but we never hear talk of not resisting arrest?
Agree.
But the police officer should be judged for his actions not the aftermath that followed that is predominantly against the law.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
In the 911 call that drew police, the caller described the man suspected of paying with counterfeit money as “awfully drunk and he’s not in control of himself.”

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Agree.
But the police officer should be judged for his actions not the aftermath that followed that is predominantly against the law.
Cop was charged with murder, no?

There will be a settlement, always is.

Last edited: