4 Minneapolis officers fired in death of black man

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Who says Unions are worthless!?!?

Derek Chauvin, ex-cop charged in George Floyd death, could get $1.5M in benefits

Fired Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin could still receive more than $1.5 million in pension benefits during his retirement years — even if he is convicted in the killing of George Floyd, according to a new report.

Chauvin, 44, was booted from the force and charged with second-degree murder, but could still cash in because Minnesota, unlike some other states, does not allow for the forfeiture of pensions for employees convicted of felony crimes related to their work.

rod

Retired 23 years
Who says Unions are worthless!?!?

Derek Chauvin, ex-cop charged in George Floyd death, could get $1.5M in benefits

Fired Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin could still receive more than $1.5 million in pension benefits during his retirement years — even if he is convicted in the killing of George Floyd, according to a new report.

Chauvin, 44, was booted from the force and charged with second-degree murder, but could still cash in because Minnesota, unlike some other states, does not allow for the forfeiture of pensions for employees convicted of felony crimes related to their work.
What a great state . :-)

oldngray

nowhere special
12074512.jpg

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
i have never seen the ups and downs they present on the news. My Coronavirus tracker continues to show 20 to 23 k in new cases each day and 700 to 1000 deaths each day.

those trees you see ahead of you are still part of the forest

As of 6-11-20 the reports had 19 states with increasing daily cases of Covid-19.

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.
As of 6-11-20 the reports had 19 states with increasing daily cases of Covid-19.

Interesting! 17 days after George Floyd's death, when a large chunk of the Country's perpetually outraged ran into the streets to scream, loot and vandalize for days on end.

Benben

Interesting! 17 days after George Floyd's death, when a large chunk of the Country's perpetually outraged ran into the streets to scream, loot and vandalize for days on end.

Yeap, there's going to be more than 1 bill to be paid!

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.
Yeap, there's going to be more than 1 bill to be paid!

Hopefully the blue states will roll testing and treatment reimbursements into the millions/billions/trillions of dollars in slavery reparations they're about to try and pay out to black people in 2020. If they don't do it we'll know they're racist Nazi sympathizers.

Benben

Cases mean nothing at this time ... hospitalizations are the key metrics now. TTKU

I don't agree with this!

I know your argument about flattening the curve.

BUT if you wait for an emergency in the overwhelming of hospital services you are 7+ days too late!!!

Kind of the exact thing tRump did (or more accurately failed to do) back in January and February!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I don't agree with this!

I know your argument about flattening the curve.

BUT if you wait for an emergency in the overwhelming of hospital services you are 7+ days too late!!!

Kind of the exact thing tRump did (or more accurately failed to do) back in January and February!
OK

I'm sure you are use to being wrong.

PS The cases are going up because testing is increasing!

Benben

OK

I'm sure you are use to being wrong.

PS The cases are going up because testing is increasing!

I have a wife, stop trying to be another wife!

So by your logic, if we didn't test there would be no cases?

tRump tried that excuse and the entire world laughed at him!

Even Mike Pence face-palmed that one and Pence is a walking idiot!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I have a wife, stop trying to be another wife!

So by your logic, if we didn't test there would be no cases?

tRump tried that excuse and the entire world laughed at him!

Even Mike Pence face-palmed that one and Pence is a walking idiot!
I like jawing with you ... it makes me feel younger!
It's like I'm living my high school days all over again! :raspberry:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Another policeman fired in Atlanta after a shooting resulting in the fatality of the drunk that grabbed policeman's taser and aimed at him and his partner.

This could be interesting.

Atlanta police officer shoots a black man dead at a fast-food drive-thru
Chief of Police resigns
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation says surveillance video appears to show a man pointing a Taser at an Atlanta police officer before being shot by that officer in the parking lot of a Wendy's.

The incident began with a call to police at 10:33 p.m. Friday about a man sleeping in a parked vehicle in the restaurant's drive-thru lane, causing other customers to drive around it, the GBI said in a statement.

Police gave Brooks a field sobriety test, which he failed, the GBI said. He resisted arrest and struggled with officers, the GBI said. Surveillance video shows Brooks struggling with one of the officers, then running away with what appears to be the officer's Taser, Reynolds said.
According to the video, Brooks ran the length of about five to seven parking spaces before turning around and pointing the Taser at the officer, Reynolds said.

"At that point, the Atlanta officer reaches down and retrieves his weapon from his holster, discharges it, strikes Mr. Brooks there on the parking lot and he goes down," Reynolds said.
Brooks was taken to a hospital, where he died, the statement said. One officer was treated for an injury and released, the GBI said.

Last edited: