4 Minneapolis officers fired in death of black man

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
A month ago ... no doubt.

I'll wait until the GBI release the enhanced video tonight.

He could of shot that taser out of his hand!
And don't criticize, what you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters, are beyond your command
For the times they are a-changin'!

Hope that was sarcasm and not ignorance.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Justified.
MORE than justified.

I have seen both the released videos. I see the small minds instantly jumped to justified, surprised the slowest among us @DriveInDriveOut hasn't cried about the poor officer yet.

Here's the question that has to be answered: did the shooting officer know what was pointed at him was a taser and not a real gun? Before you open your gash and stick your foot in up to the knee know the background. The victim had already been checked for weapons AND given a sobriety test which he failed (according to the news report we got here.)

If you still say it was justified you have to acknowledge that in your opinion a taser is a lethal weapon and the officer was protecting himself as the victim was running away by responding with lethal force!

If not then you have to acknowledge the office used lethal force against a man who was not a current threat to the officer.

If you answered yes to the first his then leads to your acknowledgment that citizens of the U.S. are subjected to lethal force by the police thousands of times a day!

YES @Old Man Jingles, I made up the "thousands" for affect. I could not find stats on the use of tweets in this country but that wasn't the point I was making! :smartass:

oldngray

nowhere special
A month ago ... no doubt.

I'll wait until the GBI release the enhanced video tonight.

He could of shot that taser out of his hand!
And don't criticize, what you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters, are beyond your command
For the times they are a-changin'!

He was drunk and passed out in his car blocking a drive through so they called the cops on him. Cops woke him up, he resisted arrest, grabbed their taser and ran. Then he turned and aimed the taser at the cops and got shot. Sounds like a Darwin winner but odds are there will be protests about it.

rod

Retired 23 years
I have seen both the released videos. I see the small minds instantly jumped to justified, surprised the slowest among us @DriveInDriveOut hasn't cried about the poor officer yet.

Here's the question that has to be answered: did the shooting officer know what was pointed at him was a taser and not a real gun? Before you open your gash and stick your foot in up to the knee know the background. The victim had already been checked for weapons AND given a sobriety test which he failed (according to the news report we got here.)

If you still say it was justified you have to acknowledge that in your opinion a taser is a lethal weapon and the officer was protecting himself as the victim was running away by responding with lethal force!

This then leads to your acknowledgment that citizens of the U.S. are subjected to lethal force by the police thousands of times a day!

YES @Old Man Jingles, I made up the "thousands" for affect. I could not find stats on the use of tweets in this country but that wasn't the point I was making! :smartass:
The officer might have thought he was going to get tazered in the eye so------------justified.

rod

Retired 23 years
He was drunk and passed out in his car blocking a drive through so they called the cops on him. Cops woke him up, he resisted arrest, grabbed their taser and ran. Then he turned and aimed the taser at the cops and got shot. Sounds like a Darwin winner but odds are there will be protests about it.
JUSTIFIED

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Here's the question that has to be answered:
1) did the shooting officer know what was pointed at him was a taser and not a real gun?
2) did the officer see the flash of the taser being fired and thought he was being shot at?

YES @Old Man Jingles, I made up the point ... I was making! :smartass:
You set up as if you were going to explain both alternatives but you only 'assumed' the one that fits your narrative.

The alternatives are:
1) did the shooting officer know what was pointed at him was a taser and not a real gun?
2) did the officer see the flash of the taser being fired and thought he was being shot at?

Settle down and thoroughly develop and explain your thoughts ... no need to rush!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If you answered yes to the first his then leads to your acknowledgment that citizens of the U.S. are subjected to lethal force by the police thousands of times a day!
Woke up today.

Still very happy that drug addicted violent felon POS George Floyd got what was coming to him.

Still find it hilarious ignorant garbage people are wasting their time prancing around in the streets thinking anyone actually cares about blacks.

Still loving my whiteness and winning.

Carry on fren.

Benben

Woke up today.

Still very happy that drug addicted violent felon POS George Floyd got what was coming to him.

Still find it hilarious ignorant garbage people are wasting their time prancing around in the streets thinking anyone actually cares about blacks.

Still loving my whiteness and winning.

Carry on fren.

Yes, Kyle we know.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Why Derek Chauvin May Get Off His Murder Charge
  1. George Floyd was experiencing cardiopulmonary and psychological distress minutes before he was placed on the ground, let alone had a knee to his neck.
  2. The Minneapolis Police Department (MPD) allows the use of neck restraint on suspects who actively resist arrest, and George Floyd actively resisted arrest on two occasions, including immediately prior to neck restraint being used.
  3. The officers were recorded on their body cams assessing George Floyd as suffering from “excited delirium syndrome” (ExDS), a condition which the MPD considers an extreme threat to both the officers and the suspect. A white paper used by the MPD acknowledges that ExDS suspects may die irrespective of force involved. The officers’ response to this situation was in line with MPD guidelines for ExDS.
  4. Restraining the suspect on his or her abdomen (prone restraint) is a common tactic in ExDS situations, and the white paper used by the MPD instructs the officers to control the suspect until paramedics arrive.
  5. Floyd’s autopsy revealed a potentially lethal concoction of drugs — not just a potentially lethal dose of fentanyl, but also methamphetamine. Together with his history of drug abuse and two serious heart conditions, Floyd’s condition was exceptionally and unusually fragile.
  6. Chauvin’s neck restraint is unlikely to have exerted a dangerous amount of force to Floyd’s neck. Floyd is shown on video able to lift his head and neck, and a robust study on double-knee restraints showed a median force exertion of approximately approximately 105lbs.
1592086653826.png

Benben

You set up as if you were going to explain both alternatives but you only 'assumed' the one that fits your narrative.

The alternatives are:

Settle down and thoroughly develop and explain your thoughts ... no need to rush!
The
number two is irrelevant if number one is yes. Just pointing a firearm at an officer would justify use of deadly force!

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Why Derek Chauvin May Get Off His Murder Charge
  1. George Floyd was experiencing cardiopulmonary and psychological distress minutes before he was placed on the ground, let alone had a knee to his neck.
  2. The Minneapolis Police Department (MPD) allows the use of neck restraint on suspects who actively resist arrest, and George Floyd actively resisted arrest on two occasions, including immediately prior to neck restraint being used.
  3. The officers were recorded on their body cams assessing George Floyd as suffering from “excited delirium syndrome” (ExDS), a condition which the MPD considers an extreme threat to both the officers and the suspect. A white paper used by the MPD acknowledges that ExDS suspects may die irrespective of force involved. The officers’ response to this situation was in line with MPD guidelines for ExDS.
  4. Restraining the suspect on his or her abdomen (prone restraint) is a common tactic in ExDS situations, and the white paper used by the MPD instructs the officers to control the suspect until paramedics arrive.
  5. Floyd’s autopsy revealed a potentially lethal concoction of drugs — not just a potentially lethal dose of fentanyl, but also methamphetamine. Together with his history of drug abuse and two serious heart conditions, Floyd’s condition was exceptionally and unusually fragile.
  6. Chauvin’s neck restraint is unlikely to have exerted a dangerous amount of force to Floyd’s neck. Floyd is shown on video able to lift his head and neck, and a robust study on double-knee restraints showed a median force exertion of approximately approximately 105lbs.
View attachment 299405
There you go again, entering facts into a predetermined conclusion. Shame!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

The alternatives are:

The GBI has released the enhance security video from Wendy's and it shows this:

“These new videos indicate that during a physical struggle with officers, Brooks obtained one of the officer’s Tasers and began to flee from the scene,” the agency (GBI) tweeted.
“Officers pursued Brooks on foot and during the chase, Brooks turned and pointed the Taser at the officer. The officer fired his weapon, striking Brooks.”

Benben

“These new videos indicate that during a physical struggle with officers, Brooks obtained one of the officer’s Tasers and began to flee from the scene,” the agency (GBI) tweeted.
“Officers pursued Brooks on foot and during the chase, Brooks turned and pointed the Taser at the officer. The officer fired his weapon, striking Brooks.”

Are Atlanta police required to wear bodycams?

I hope your city remains peacefull, it could get ugly fast!

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.

Tasers are advertised as a less than lethal option for law enforcement, no? And there were two officers there. If it had been only one officer I’d think there could have been a legitimate concern of getting tased and having their gun stolen and used against them. Two officers? Probably not.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Tasers are advertised as a less than lethal option for law enforcement, no? And there were two officers there. If it had been only one officer I’d think there could have been a legitimate concern of getting tased and having their gun stolen and used against them. Two officers? Probably not.
Did you look at the last video that shows Brooks turning around and firing the taser?
It looked like a pistol firing which makes sense as the taser pins are projected out of the taser pistol.
Keep in mind that the video is enhanced using HDR technology which makes it look like it is daytime.
It is not ... it is late at night.
The other thing, the officer that fired his gun had his taser in hand as he was chasing Brooks.
When Brooks fired the taser, the officer dropped his taser and drew his pistol.
Brooks had taken the other officer's taser so the gun firing officer had no idea that Brooks was firing a taser.

Benben

Did you look at the last video that shows Brooks turning around and firing the taser?
It looked like a pistol firing which makes sense as the taser pins are projected out of the taser pistol.
Keep in mind that the video is enhanced using HDR technology which makes it look like it is daytime.
The other thing, the officer that fired his gun had his taser in hand as he was chasing Brooks.
Brooks had taken the other officer's taser so the gun firing officer had no idea that Brooks was firing a taser.

The fact that the pilfered taser was the other officer's helps may help explain the use of deadly force on a fleeing suspect.

are body came used by Atlanta PD?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
This is the last video of the Wendy's security camera which has been enhanced by the GBI labs.