5:00am- 3pm DOT courier

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Are there casual or helper drivers looking for extra work on a daily basis? It would be nice if I could find a way to dump a few of my 1030 stops everyday so I'm able to service those businesses without rushing. Is that even allowed? 21 stops is too much!
21 stops can be easy or difficult to make depending on what time you leave the building or how spread out (or condensed) your route is. Chances are you’re not hitting the road at proper time because FedEx can’t get their act together and get the freight on time, seems to be a lost art these days. You seem like a good worker and you’re trying to do better but if the company insists on putting you behind the 8-ball 4 to 5 days a week, screw ‘em and let there be lates. If your manager whines about lates ask him why the freight isn’t on time in the first place.

outtatime

Are there casual or helper drivers looking for extra work on a daily basis? It would be nice if I could find a way to dump a few of my 1030 stops everyday so I'm able to service those businesses without rushing. Is that even allowed? 21 stops is too much!
Before you leave the station let your manager know you don't think you'll make service. Let him/her decide if you can drop any. Also, what does your loops stop count sheet say of how many stops you should have based on the sort down time?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Before you leave the station let your manager know you don't think you'll make service. Let him/her decide if you can drop any. Also, what does your loops stop count sheet say of how many stops you should have based on the sort down time?
Loop sheets went away with Dynamic Roads.

McFeely

Huge Member
Loop sheets went away with Dynamic Roads.

Our loop sheets are long gone, but we're no longer on DRA. Just SRA boundaries here.

That being said, the ops manager should have a decent idea what each route can do by 1030 and 1200 and assign help (if avail) accordingly.