Abortion

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Dems control the house and as normal, the Repugs are not involved as they are not in control of the House.
Yes, and I’m SHOCKED at the thought they might be misrepresenting the negotiations.
For sure.
I went to the Times website and this is what popped up.
Can you provide a link to the page you are referencing?

NY Times Coronovirus.jpg

Do you think Pelosi brought up the Hyde Amendment?

No idea!
All I can find is that Pelosi wanted to make abortion funding increased by 1 Billion per year and to make it permanent.
That was on FOX so I don't give much credence to that.

BrownArmy

For sure.
I went to the Times website and this is what popped up.
Can you provide a link to the page you are referencing?

View attachment 286145

No idea!
All I can find is that Pelosi wanted to make abortion funding increased by 1 Billion per year and to make it permanent.

I posted it before, from the same page:

'But another improbable sticking point has emerged: Republicans are trying to insert abortion restrictions into the emergency bill. The Republicans want to include the Hyde amendment, which would bar the use of federal funds for abortions, according to a person familiar with the deliberations. Republicans routinely push to include the language in legislation that governs the distribution of federal money.'

But that’s not on the page anymore.

Live update page?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

'But another improbable sticking point has emerged: Republicans are trying to insert abortion restrictions into the emergency bill. The Republicans want to include the Hyde amendment, which would bar the use of federal funds for abortions, according to a person familiar with the deliberations. Republicans routinely push to include the language in legislation that governs the distribution of federal money.'

Live update page?

Maybe the FOX news was accurate and NY Times realized it and took theirs down.

Who knows?
Neither is reliable as a source when it comes to politics.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Live update page?
Yes the New York Slimes has a history of lying and not acknowledging their retractions.

Sorry you got tricked by them.

watdaflock?

Republicans don’t like a provision in the relief bill that would establish a permanent paid sick leave program, and Democrats are pushing back on Republicans wanting to add language referencing the Hyde amendment, which bans federal funds being used to pay for abortions.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
We could be constructing apartment complexes on Mars, launched from our Luna base.

Sad, we’re arguing about nonsense.
I agree it's absolutely ridiculous Democrats can't even agree to not murder babies after they're born.

I mean you gotta give them props for their neverending dedication to being garbage human beings.

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Republicans want to push the Hyde Amendment into any and everything.

Case in point: This is why we die here.

We could be constructing apartment complexes on Mars, launched from our Luna base.

This is the same BS you posted last night from the NYT and they retracted it because it didn't happen.
What am I missing here.
The Democrats are in power in the House and the Repugs did not have any say so.

BrownArmy

This is the same BS you posted last night from the NYT and they retracted it because it didn't happen.
What am I missing here.
The Democrats are in power in the House and the Repugs did not have any say so.

It goes both ways in a negotiation.

For some reason, Dems wanted X, Republicans wanted Y.

There was some holdup, as both parties were trying to insert nonsense into what should have been a targeted bill to address the current situation.

Thankfully it got worked out, and businesses will get paid.

It will be fine

It goes both ways in a negotiation.

For some reason, Dems wanted X, Republicans wanted Y.

There was some holdup, as both parties were trying to insert nonsense into what should have been a targeted bill to address the current situation.

Thankfully it got worked out, and businesses will get paid.
Here comes Cocaine Mitch.

BrownArmy

I agree it's absolutely ridiculous Democrats can't even agree to not murder babies after they're born.

I mean you gotta give them props for their neverending dedication to being garbage human beings.

You are so full of st...like you even care about babies.

Give me a break...you’re crying about fake news, when you propagate it freely.

What happened to you?

You used to be the funny guy with the razor sharp wit and the bomb memes.

Did you have a stroke? Did you get seduced by the rising market value?

In either case, you went FULL TRUMP.

I’m so curious about that...are you trolling?

Or...

You just went FULL TRUMP.

That’s fine if you did, but you’re acting like TOS, where every single thing your pick does is perfect and unassailable.

Hillary was crap, so is Trump.

I’ll pray for you FREN

El Correcto

god is dead
Republicans want to push the Hyde Amendment into any and everything.

Case in point: This is why we die here.

Space dorks are so obnoxious. I shouldn’t be taxed to pay for your Star Trek pipe dreams.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You are so full of st...like you even care about babies.

Give me a break...you’re crying about fake news, when you propagate it freely.

What happened to you?

You used to be the funny guy with the razor sharp wit and the bomb memes.

Did you have a stroke? Did you get seduced by the rising market value?

In either case, you went FULL TRUMP.

I’m so curious about that...are you trolling?

Or...

You just went FULL TRUMP.

That’s fine if you did, but you’re acting like TOS, where every single thing your pick does is perfect and unassailable.

Hillary was crap, so is Trump.

I’ll pray for you FREN
lol @ that freak out
so much tds