Alison vs Mitch

Atomic_Smurf

I just want smurf to answer the question, how you feel about RTW? Do you think public employees should have the right to organize?

Sent using BrownCafe App
I think public work should privatized as much as possible & unskilled jobs structured as welfare-to-work programs. That isn't possible in every situation but Scott Walker has demonstrated how public sector unions can remain viable without forcing the taxpaying public to finance their every demand. His model is one that should be duplicated across the country.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think public work should privatized as much as possible & unskilled jobs structured as welfare-to-work programs. That isn't possible in every situation but Scott Walker has demonstrated how public sector unions can remain viable without forcing the taxpaying public to finance their every demand. His model is one that should be duplicated across the country.
Walker would be an interesting presidential candidate. I feel like ultimately he's too far right though.

Inthegame

And just how are public sector unions "viable" in Wisconsin where public sector collective bargaining is illegal?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Walker spanked the Teachers union but left the police and fire alone. Gee, I wonder who endorsed him.

Atomic_Smurf

And just how are public sector unions "viable" in Wisconsin where public sector collective bargaining is illegal?
Public sector collective bargaining isn't illegal but restrained in Wisconsin. Walker balanced their budget so these union members pensions are safe again, employee layoffs are minimized & services aren't hampered. That alone makes them more viable, sustainable, practicable. Walkers law also allows Schools to get rid of ineffective teachers which has always been a black eye on the profession. No child should be robbed of an education because a Public sector union places its inadequate members interests ahead of the children who's futures depend on learning. Many of the changes that have taken place under Walker have made these PS unions less of a threat to the citizens of the state who pay their wages. Diminishing the influence of these unions & their Democrat pimps has proved to be a win for the residents, taxpayers & voters of Wisconsin. Don't blame me. Blame the unholy alliance of politicians & union leaders that joined forces to abuse the public purse.

Atomic_Smurf

And RTW, can you tell the pros, cons and urgency of this law

Sent using BrownCafe App
I see no urgency for it anywhere right now. Some governors have used it to try to attract businesses to their states. You know, the kind that hire people. As long as union leaders and the members that fall for their RTW lies continue to behave like street thugs at capital buildings, in public & on television, the general voting population will instinctively support whatever it is they oppose just like the state of Wisconsin.

Ron Carey lives on

I think you have made it clear your disdain for collective bargaining. Im sure the " job creators" will follow the law when dealing with those pesky worker bees who are so demanding. Im they want rights and such, crazy talk!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

Im you and I smurf pulled ourselves up by our bootsraps what is this ridiculous talk about seniority and contracts. I mean I know my company loves me and I will be compensated accordingly.

Sent using BrownCafe App

brett636

And RTW, can you tell the pros, cons and urgency of this law

Sent using BrownCafe App

As a current dues paying union member in a RTW state I can't say I see any real faults with this law. It brings free market principles to the generally, corrupt, world of union leadership. No longer can a union President give his neighbor a cushy union representation job when said neighbor knows nothing about the union contracts they are supposed to uphold. And if he did the members in a RTW state can actually do something about it(quit paying dues) where as a non RTW state they have to live with it because whether the bargaining unit members are happy or not they get to pay said :censored2: bag's salary all because he was a member of the good old boys club down at the hall. As I see it RTW demands a higher level of accountability for the hard working men and women who make up any union.

Ron Carey lives on

I am, damn anniversary and contract raises. How can we stand for crap like seniority and negotiations? ? I mean I love my company and they love me, I have total faith in how honest they are. I know they will compensate me fully without those pesky unions in the way.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Inthegame

As a current dues paying union member in a RTW state I can't say I see any real faults with this law. It brings free market principles to the generally, corrupt, world of union leadership. No longer can a union President give his neighbor a cushy union representation job when said neighbor knows nothing about the union contracts they are supposed to uphold. And if he did the members in a RTW state can actually do something about it(quit paying dues) where as a non RTW state they have to live with it because whether the bargaining unit members are happy or not they get to pay said :censored2: bag's salary all because he was a member of the good old boys club down at the hall. As I see it RTW demands a higher level of accountability for the hard working men and women who make up any union.
In your fairy tale, if a union President gave his know nothing neighbor a "cushy union representation" job (whatever that is), said union President should and would be voted out in a RTW or Fair bargaining state.
Elections are the control members need. Not paying dues is freeloading in every case for any reason.