Amazon drivers and business stops

JJinVA

Hate to say I agree but I mentioned it once before that I had a bulk stop and dude came up while I was unloading it pushing a flat cart. I said "Hey man how ya doin?", thinking he was gonna help me unload, but he just looked at me, pushed the cart up in my way, as to suggest I put it on the cart, and then walked away. Didnt say anything. So I returned the :censored2: favor by placing all the packages NEXT to the cart. Havent seen him since. I work for UPS beesh not your loading dock. A simple, "hey Im good how about yourself" would have got me to comply but acknowledging my existence was asking too much of this cack so I went all-in

Rack em

Made the Podium
Hate to say I agree but I mentioned it once before that I had a bulk stop and dude came up while I was unloading it pushing a flat cart. I said "Hey man how ya doin?", thinking he was gonna help me unload, but he just looked at me, pushed the cart up in my way, as to suggest I put it on the cart, and then walked away. Didnt say anything. So I returned the :censored2: favor by placing all the packages NEXT to the cart. Havent seen him since. I work for UPS beesh not your loading dock. A simple, "hey Im good how about yourself" would have got me to comply but acknowledging my existence was asking too much of this cack so I went all-in
I would have done the same thing, :censored2: people like him.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Kill em with kindness.. kill em...

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
today i was at an apartment complex, 3 separate buildings totaling about 450 apts. building 1 has the lockers, buildings 2 and 3 share the lockers in building 1. also, residents have to pay for lockers, if they don't pay then their name doesn't show up and you can't leave the pkg. oh, and for the final insult, there's roughly 30 lockers for 450 apts. i quit trying to use these lockers long ago, just resigned to walking them all off at least there's elevators.

anyway, after finishing the first building i get back to my pc to find an amazon van had parked directly in front of me, literally backed up to my front bumper leaving me with a back first exception to get out. alright well i've got two more bldgs to go and get started with the next. i will need multiple trips with it anyway because i've got a fake christmas tree, mattress, two desks and a shelving unit going to floors 3 and 4. as i'm walking to the elevator i pass the amazon guy studying the locker screen and as i pass him i mention it's faster to just walk them off. he was a fat guy though and would have none of that. i finish off that building and start the third and final one and he's still parked in front of me. as i'm getting finished stacking my cart he starts dragging a rectangular beach type tote with no wheels across the parking lot towards the building with the lockers and he tells me "i'm going to make these fit if it kills me"

i'm expecting to read his obituary tonight or tomorrow.

JJinVA

today i was at an apartment complex, 3 separate buildings totaling about 450 apts. building 1 has the lockers, buildings 2 and 3 share the lockers in building 1. also, residents have to pay for lockers, if they don't pay then their name doesn't show up and you can't leave the pkg. oh, and for the final insult, there's roughly 30 lockers for 450 apts. i quit trying to use these lockers long ago, just resigned to walking them all off at least there's elevators.

anyway, after finishing the first building i get back to my pc to find an amazon van had parked directly in front of me, literally backed up to my front bumper leaving me with a back first exception to get out. alright well i've got two more bldgs to go and get started with the next. i will need multiple trips with it anyway because i've got a fake christmas tree, mattress, two desks and a shelving unit going to floors 3 and 4. as i'm walking to the elevator i pass the amazon guy studying the locker screen and as i pass him i mention it's faster to just walk them off. he was a fat guy though and would have none of that. i finish off that building and start the third and final one and he's still parked in front of me. as i'm getting finished stacking my cart he starts dragging a rectangular beach type tote with no wheels across the parking lot towards the building with the lockers and he tells me "i'm going to make these fit if it kills me"

Saw an amazon driver in the neighborhood I was running, driving around with the flashers on like a focking wannabe mail man. Cars on both sides of the street, somewhat narrow, sees a car coming trying to squeeze through the gap, doors Amazon wait and let the car through first? NAAAAAAA. He HAS to go, so he misses the ladies car by inches squeezing through the gap simultaneously. Lady is staring at him like he's an idiot, and once he pulls through he pulls over to the left side of the street, has about 3/4 of the rear still out on the main drag.... I was stunned for a minute but the reckless idiocy so I just waited for him to leave the neighborhood. I'm starting to think recklessness is mandatory to be hired there

charm299

I have same apartment situation except the apartment complex does not let us go deliver on property. So if they not in the system it goes into will call.

barnyard

KTM rider
We have a university in our center that demands that we deliver all their stuff to the appropriate department. It was the same at a Natl Guard base, we were expected to deliver packages to the receiver's desk. I did not bid the route with the college, there is no way I would have had the patience for that.

Johney

Pineapple King
We have a university in our center that demands that we deliver all their stuff to the appropriate department. It was the same at a Natl Guard base, we were expected to deliver packages to the receiver's desk. I did not bid the route with the college, there is no way I would have had the patience for that.
Why not? Each department is a separate stop. I've had the same situation's when I was in package,easiest crap I could ever do. Sometimes I'd have 6 different departments within 1 minute of each other.

ouanling

I have this dentist that orders from costco all the time

They NEVER told me about the backdoor.

Front door, doubled parked on the most busy street of the city; 2 doorway to go through(not automatic doors); hallway to the suite.

Those boxes are 4foot tall and about 35-45lbs. I go one by one because we dont get any tools at my depot.

I stack them behind the seating area on an empty space, there's enough space to walk between the boxes and the front desks(yeah 3 fat :censored2:s work the phones, none of them were actually working at that moment)

After the 5th one(10mins), they start screaming at me that its not where it goes, it should go somewhere in the back(theres a hallway that is hidden from view, its a small office). I said no i don't have time, should have said it from the first box. They screamed at me "IT'S YOUR JOB, DONT WALK AWAY, ITS YOUR JOB, YOU MOVE THEM", got the dentist involved. Said they were gonna call and report me(they did but no one cares)

That's when i realized, you cant let businesses walk all over you. If they are nice, you can go a little bit beyond but most of them you do the bare minimum or your worst.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly

Front door, doubled parked on the most busy street of the city; 2 doorway to go through(not automatic doors); hallway to the suite.

Those boxes are 4foot tall and about 35-45lbs. I go one by one because we dont get any tools at my depot.

I stack them behind the seating area on an empty space, there's enough space to walk between the boxes and the front desks(yeah 3 fat :censored2:s work the phones, none of them were actually working at that moment)

After the 5th one(10mins), they start screaming at me that its not where it goes, it should go somewhere in the back(theres a hallway that is hidden from view, its a small office). I said no i don't have time, should have said it from the first box. They screamed at me "IT'S YOUR JOB, DONT WALK AWAY, ITS YOUR JOB, YOU MOVE THEM", got the dentist involved. Said they were gonna call and report me(they did but no one cares)

That's when i realized, you cant let businesses walk all over you. If they are nice, you can go a little bit beyond but most of them you do the bare minimum or your worst.

Have never felt walked on just because a business wants their deliveries in a certain spot.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That’s the way our university is. 4 drivers to deliver it. The university hospital used to be this way also. Would take until lunch just to deliver the hospital. They finally went to a dock only delivery.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

1) refuse to leave the building until given the tools to do the job

2) you’re paid by the hour.

Est.1998

I have same apartment situation except the apartment complex does not let us go deliver on property. So if they not in the system it goes into will call.
I have student housing that would work out great if you could leave it at the office but noooo, "We don't accept pkgs in the office".
So, UPS, FedEx, Amazon, has to drive down narrow streets with cars parked on both sides of the road, to attempt delivery at apts that require a two min walk to their front doors while you leave the PC parked (blocking) the street.
Places like this should automatically be assigned to an access point.
That's if safety was a concern.