Amazon drivers and business stops

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Hate to say I agree but I mentioned it once before that I had a bulk stop and dude came up while I was unloading it pushing a flat cart. I said "Hey man how ya doin?", thinking he was gonna help me unload, but he just looked at me, pushed the cart up in my way, as to suggest I put it on the cart, and then walked away. Didnt say anything. So I returned the :censored2: favor by placing all the packages NEXT to the cart. Havent seen him since. I work for UPS beesh not your loading dock. A simple, "hey Im good how about yourself" would have got me to comply but acknowledging my existence was asking too much of this cack so I went all-in
...until he discovered the man pushing the cart was deaf, then he felt like an...

Rack em

Made the Podium
I've had a handful of situations like this. Every time I've told management that I'm not putting up with being talked to that way. And they have always backed my play. Though I would advise you give your management team the heads up. After leaving an altercation like that I will call the center and say "Hey, you are gonna get a call from XYZ. Just letting you know they were yelling and swearing at me, so I left." Usually get a message later in the day telling me to take it to the counter.
Absolutely. The first thing I did was call my center manager and explain what happened and what the one lady said and that's why he had my back. Normally he doesn't put up with customers like the one I mentioned and he believes in the process of "training customers" since we are not their servants. He has put businesses on will call for months before to show them that they can't have their way with us. This business is a bigger customer where I am so if push comes to shove they would probably complain their way to winning somehow. He allowed me to handle the situation in a way that proves our point and gives them no way of filing a legit complaint since I still did my job and delivered their stuff.

Had another problem a few years ago with Target. It just so happened that every single day around 9:00am when I normally arrived, the receiving guy would like to take his break so I would have to go back. I explained the situation to my center manager and he told me I could deliver them whenever I wanted to as long as it was before 17:00. So the next week I would get there around 16:55 and deal with an absolute livid manager screaming at me that I had to get there in the morning because people who did the ship to store crap were guaranteed to pick up their stuff by a certain time. I explained the whole situation to her about the receiving guy magically being on break every time I rang the bell and she looked in to it. She found on camera me ringing the bell, and as soon as I rung the bell the receiving guy would leave the receiving area and go on break. She apologized multiple times and I again started making them my first stop in the morning. That receiving guy was fired.

I don't like to give management credit at all, but my center manager is very good at having our backs when it is warranted. We know when a customer is in the wrong that he will stand up for us and I have to respect him for that.

reginald95

I have this dentist that orders from costco all the time

They NEVER told me about the backdoor.

Front door, doubled parked on the most busy street of the city; 2 doorway to go through(not automatic doors); hallway to the suite.

Those boxes are 4foot tall and about 35-45lbs. I go one by one because we dont get any tools at my depot.

I stack them behind the seating area on an empty space, there's enough space to walk between the boxes and the front desks(yeah 3 fat :censored2:s work the phones, none of them were actually working at that moment)

After the 5th one(10mins), they start screaming at me that its not where it goes, it should go somewhere in the back(theres a hallway that is hidden from view, its a small office). I said no i don't have time, should have said it from the first box. They screamed at me "IT'S YOUR JOB, DONT WALK AWAY, ITS YOUR JOB, YOU MOVE THEM", got the dentist involved. Said they were gonna call and report me(they did but no one cares)

That's when i realized, you cant let businesses walk all over you. If they are nice, you can go a little bit beyond but most of them you do the bare minimum or your worst.

I usually just say "I'll remember that for the next time but for today, it stays where it lays." Now that I have my own route I pretty much have a routine down and ppl don't hassle me.

Poop Head

Judge me.
No....I made more than a fair attempt....and they weren’t ready. I went to the address on the label. I do not deliver to each individual separately.
Lame. Its cool though, guys like you really make customers appreciate their bid driver, and giving him a good xmas tip

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I have same apartment situation except the apartment complex does not let us go deliver on property. So if they not in the system it goes into will call.

I have to talk my apartment managers into refusing to let me on their properties. Save a lot of walking. Lol.

We have a university in our center that demands that we deliver all their stuff to the appropriate department. It was the same at a Natl Guard base, we were expected to deliver packages to the receiver's desk. I did not bid the route with the college, there is no way I would have had the patience for that.

I love telling my on road that a dock stop now refuses to accept some packages and wants me to deliver to individual offices. He always looks like he's about to start crying. 15 minutes worth of work suddenly turns into over an hour. Sweet!

JJinVA

...until he discovered the man pushing the cart was deaf, then he felt like an...

If he is deaf he's the luckiest deaf man on earth considering the amount of tractor trailers whizzing through the parking lot all day lol. Imagining him almost getting hit, missed by inches all day everyday lol

ouanling

No handcarts?!

nope, we have about 10 for our center.

I found a small plastic one and put it in my truck but theyve been giving me the wrong truck everyday lately..

friday i "stole" the one used by the place where you bring back your packages with the wrong address and stuff(having a blank on sunday morning) because as usual i had a bulk with a long walk.

ouanling

1) refuse to leave the building until given the tools to do the job

2) you’re paid by the hour.

Then i'd never leave and i'd be put on a :censored2:ty route.

I don't complain too much because i get a route right next to my house with no senority and my days are pretty fun besides not having a cart most of the time.

ive basically done my area from day 1.

ouanling

When i enter businesses I've either never been to or an unusual delivery, I go to the front desk and let them know whats being delivered and ask where should it go.
One time i did this and the girls up front were like just set them right over there.
I tell them "when i set it there that's where it will stay", "Ok" they replied.
They had about ten 45lbs boxes as tall as me. I get to the 8th box when a lady comes from the back and says, "these are supposed to go to the break room. Can you,"
i stopped her right there and said, "ma'am, i asked prior to putting these boxes here where they should go and was directed to put them here. I'll take the last two to the break room but these are on y'all."
She understood, end of story.

I had been there 3 times prior

pretty much the same exact situation as you except that it was implied that stuff went there as those times i had put it there with no issue and this time i was told only as i brought the last package.

Craziest part is i asked every drivers that have done this route over the past few years, no one knew about the small backdoor.

And once i went to the backdoor, there wouldn't even be enough space there for the packages i brought AND the door doesnt stay open. You have to ring everytime while holding a 40lbs box.

ouanling

I've had a handful of situations like this. Every time I've told management that I'm not putting up with being talked to that way. And they have always backed my play. Though I would advise you give your management team the heads up. After leaving an altercation like that I will call the center and say "Hey, you are gonna get a call from XYZ. Just letting you know they were yelling and swearing at me, so I left." Usually get a message later in the day telling me to take it to the counter.

I texted my manager right after my encounter

he said "lol"

When 99,999% of your deliveries end up with you doing as much as you possibly can to please people, having one :censored2: complain isnt gonna change much.

watdaflock?

Hate to say I agree but I mentioned it once before that I had a bulk stop and dude came up while I was unloading it pushing a flat cart. I said "Hey man how ya doin?", thinking he was gonna help me unload, but he just looked at me, pushed the cart up in my way, as to suggest I put it on the cart, and then walked away. Didnt say anything. So I returned the :censored2: favor by placing all the packages NEXT to the cart. Havent seen him since. I work for UPS beesh not your loading dock. A simple, "hey Im good how about yourself" would have got me to comply but acknowledging my existence was asking too much of this cack so I went all-in
Maybe he was a mute or deaf. Grow up and start acting like a professional, for once.

barnyard

KTM rider
Had another problem a few years ago with Target. It just so happened that every single day around 9:00am when I normally arrived, the receiving guy would like to take his break so I would have to go back. I explained the situation to my center manager and he told me I could deliver them whenever I wanted to as long as it was before 17:00. So the next week I would get there around 16:55
I did the same at 2 different Walgreens. They had switched to dock delivery, but would not answer the buzzer. I told my boss that I was making an attempt and then going back at 1600. When Walgreens called, my boss told them to answer the buzzer and it would not be a problem.

Est.1998

I had been there 3 times prior

pretty much the same exact situation as you except that it was implied that stuff went there as those times i had put it there with no issue and this time i was told only as i brought the last package.

Craziest part is i asked every drivers that have done this route over the past few years, no one knew about the small backdoor.

And once i went to the backdoor, there wouldn't even be enough space there for the packages i brought AND the door doesnt stay open. You have to ring everytime while holding a 40lbs box.
Situations like that, I'll load up all their pkgs and set them outside the door.
Prop the door open with one of the pkgs while i roll the rest inside.
Stack them inside the room and then close the back door after removing the one that's holding it open.
Running out of space is their concern not ours.
I'm not going to knock or ring any bells more than once when delivering a bulk stop.

Est.1998

I found a small plastic one and put it in my truck but theyve been giving me the wrong truck everyday lately..

friday i "stole" the one used by the place where you bring back your packages with the wrong address and stuff(having a blank on sunday morning) because as usual i had a bulk with a long walk.
Them switching the trucks around or pulling them for maintenance is why we lock our handtrucks to a steel post every evening.
I've never seen a plastic handtruck before.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog

You didn't "steal" anything, it's called a "redistribution of company assets". :rofl:

Whither

Scofflaw

That's absurd and grievance-worthy. A 2-wheeler is essential equipment.

babboo25

Banned
I understand both sides and had that been me, I'd probably stacked the rest on the cart and peeled out but, i understand his side too and don't think what he did was wrong. Especially after he spoke to the guy and was ignored. It's like holding the door open for somebody who simply walks through it and doesn't say thank you. Is it necessary for them to show appreciation? No, but it's definitely common courtesy.
Yea I get it but you never know what someone may be going thru in life, I definitely would of cussed him in my brain though. I think when you’re on the same route everyday u treat customers differently to avoid the animosity.