Amazon drivers and business stops

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
They NEVER told me about the backdoor
maybe ask first?... also you’re obviously a runner because you simply can’t pop your head in the office door and politely ask them where they want the delivery. You only do one route so you’ll be running into these ladies again and feel the awkwardness..
🧔✊

Est.1998

I have this dentist that orders from costco all the time

They NEVER told me about the backdoor.

Front door, doubled parked on the most busy street of the city; 2 doorway to go through(not automatic doors); hallway to the suite.

Those boxes are 4foot tall and about 35-45lbs. I go one by one because we dont get any tools at my depot.

I stack them behind the seating area on an empty space, there's enough space to walk between the boxes and the front desks(yeah 3 fat :censored2:s work the phones, none of them were actually working at that moment)

After the 5th one(10mins), they start screaming at me that its not where it goes, it should go somewhere in the back(theres a hallway that is hidden from view, its a small office). I said no i don't have time, should have said it from the first box. They screamed at me "IT'S YOUR JOB, DONT WALK AWAY, ITS YOUR JOB, YOU MOVE THEM", got the dentist involved. Said they were gonna call and report me(they did but no one cares)

That's when i realized, you cant let businesses walk all over you. If they are nice, you can go a little bit beyond but most of them you do the bare minimum or your worst.

When i enter businesses I've either never been to or an unusual delivery, I go to the front desk and let them know whats being delivered and ask where should it go.
One time i did this and the girls up front were like just set them right over there.
I tell them "when i set it there that's where it will stay", "Ok" they replied.
They had about ten 45lbs boxes as tall as me. I get to the 8th box when a lady comes from the back and says, "these are supposed to go to the break room. Can you,"
i stopped her right there and said, "ma'am, i asked prior to putting these boxes here where they should go and was directed to put them here. I'll take the last two to the break room but these are on y'all."
She understood, end of story.

babboo25

Banned
What a bunch of babies!! I would of thanked him for rolling out the flatbed cart, who cares if he didn’t speak to you, you looking for conversation or what?? Amazingly poor customer service. It’s our job to deliver pkgs, not that complicated people.

Est.1998

What a bunch of babies!! I would of thanked him for rolling out the flatbed cart, who cares if he didn’t speak to you, you looking for conversation or what?? Amazingly poor customer service. It’s our job to deliver pkgs, not that complicated people.
I agree, our job is to deliver pkgs.
He delivered them.
He spoke to the guy who brought out the cart while he was delivering them and the guy didn't even acknowledge him.
What part constitutes poor customer service?
Where in that story was it complicated?
Serious questions, not trying to belittle you or be funny.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I have this dentist that orders from costco all the time

They NEVER told me about the backdoor.

Front door, doubled parked on the most busy street of the city; 2 doorway to go through(not automatic doors); hallway to the suite.

Those boxes are 4foot tall and about 35-45lbs. I go one by one because we dont get any tools at my depot.

I stack them behind the seating area on an empty space, there's enough space to walk between the boxes and the front desks(yeah 3 fat :censored2:s work the phones, none of them were actually working at that moment)

After the 5th one(10mins), they start screaming at me that its not where it goes, it should go somewhere in the back(theres a hallway that is hidden from view, its a small office). I said no i don't have time, should have said it from the first box. They screamed at me "IT'S YOUR JOB, DONT WALK AWAY, ITS YOUR JOB, YOU MOVE THEM", got the dentist involved. Said they were gonna call and report me(they did but no one cares)

That's when i realized, you cant let businesses walk all over you. If they are nice, you can go a little bit beyond but most of them you do the bare minimum or your worst.
You created unnecessary animosity between you and the customer. Congrats.
If you have a large load like that, it doesn’t take long to ask if the customer has a back door, or where they want their packages.

If one feels like you are getting the run around at a business. “Who is if for? He works in our other building.” “Let me call him”. “He’s on the 3rd floor “. “Let me show you where is office is”.

kindly ask them if you can leave it with them, if not, tell them you’ll be back. Sheet as NR1.

Poop Head

Judge me.
If one feels like you are getting the run around at a business. “Who is if for? He works in our other building.” “Let me call him”. “He’s on the 3rd floor “. “Let me show you where is office is”.

kindly ask them if you can leave it with them, if not, tell them you’ll be back. Sheet as NR1.
Meh, i stand there, smile and wait. By the end of the ordeal, the person usually feels like an idiot for not just taking it right away.

Est.1998

I've only NR1 with call tags or pickups.
I've had customers give me the run around.
if the pkgs aren't heavy and plentiful,
I'll oblidge them.
Especially during an extreme weather condition like a 90+ degree day with 100% humidity.

I've only NR1 with call tags or pickups.
I've had customers give me the run around.
if the pkgs aren't heavy and plentiful,
I'll oblidge them.
Especially during an extreme weather condition like a 90+ degree day with 100% humidity.
Large banks and county offices that occupy multiple floors are the worst offenders.

“That mail stop is on the 42nd floor not the 30th floor”.

Sorry I start at the top not going back to the 42nd floor.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
maybe ask first?... also you’re obviously a runner because you simply can’t pop your head in the office door and politely ask them where they want the delivery. You only do one route so you’ll be running into these ladies again and feel the awkwardness..
🧔✊

Got to be careful with that backdoor use plenty of lube and start out slow

Est.1998

Large banks and county offices that occupy multiple floors are the worst offenders.

“That mail stop is on the 42nd floor not the 30th floor”.

Sorry I start at the top not going back to the 42nd floor.
This is why I'm glad i don't live in a major metropolitan city.
I'm sure y'all have plenty of adventures.

Rack em

Made the Podium
A few months back I had a medical office start ordering all of their furniture and chairs from amazon. The first day it was all chairs so the lady asked me to put them at one spot, no problem. The next day there was bookcases, chairs, tables, and I was obviously not happy about trying to cart this stuff through their narrow doors. Came to turn a corner and there was no way of making it through so I told them I had to unload their stuff and leave it there. They demanded I unload and reload the cart not once, but twice because there was another turn to make and I said no. One lady tried demanding again but sort of got in my face and told me I needed to "do my :censored2:ing job" So I simply turned around and carted their stuff away sheeting it as refused.

Called the center manager and explained and he had my back. After they called and complained I had the stuff on my truck the next day but my center manager told me as soon as I got inside the first door I could unload it there so that's what I did. It felt really nice knowing these lazy office women were going to have to carry that crap themselves. And that is where I brought the rest of their furniture for the next 2 ish weeks.

babboo25

Banned
I agree, our job is to deliver pkgs.
He delivered them.
He spoke to the guy who brought out the cart while he was delivering them and the guy didn't even acknowledge him.
What part constitutes poor customer service?
Where in that story was it complicated?
Serious questions, not trying to belittle you or be funny.
The guy brought the cart out while he was unloading, how hard is it to just stack them on the cart and say have a nice day. I just don’t see why the lack of acknowledgment matters.

Est.1998

The guy brought the cart out while he was unloading, how hard is it to just stack them on the cart and say have a nice day. I just don’t see why the lack of acknowledgment matters.
I understand both sides and had that been me, I'd probably stacked the rest on the cart and peeled out but, i understand his side too and don't think what he did was wrong. Especially after he spoke to the guy and was ignored. It's like holding the door open for somebody who simply walks through it and doesn't say thank you. Is it necessary for them to show appreciation? No, but it's definitely common courtesy.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!

That is falsification of records.

pierregarcon

One lady tried demanding again but sort of got in my face and told me I needed to "do my :censored2:ing job" So I simply turned around and carted their stuff away sheeting it as refused.

I've had a handful of situations like this. Every time I've told management that I'm not putting up with being talked to that way. And they have always backed my play. Though I would advise you give your management team the heads up. After leaving an altercation like that I will call the center and say "Hey, you are gonna get a call from XYZ. Just letting you know they were yelling and swearing at me, so I left." Usually get a message later in the day telling me to take it to the counter.