AMMUNATION

vantexan

Which policies are you imagining?
Spin it any way you like, but if the economy improves enough, and if it's perceived that Trump's efforts to bring back both jobs and money from overseas was successful, and/or if tax reform improves things, then don't expect too much success for Democrats. However the Democrat base is so energized over Hillary's loss/hatred of Trump it could get interesting.

bbsam

Staff member
For starters rolling back on department regluations.
Ah. And the flood of millions of coal jobs that followed...oh wait.

I mean people are told things are better and people are told things are worse. What policy are people concretely going to say, "Now I'm finally on my way to having a better future than my parents!"

vantexan

I did not say that every conservative was a Nazi.
What I said...was that there is little chance that the tens of millions of guns that are currently owned by nazi/kkk/alt-right are ever going to be surrendered to the government and that, for liberals/minorities/lgbtq, the long term consequences of giving hate groups a virtual monopoly on the posession of assault-type weapons ought to be carefully considered when calling for them to be banned.
You hold to the belief that there are tens of millions of guns being held by nazi/kkk types. Nazi/KKK types are very few in number. If tens of millions of guns are being held by probably less than a relative handful of people, numbering in the thousands, then with that kind of spending power why would they be unhappy with the way things are going? No, looks like you're casting a much wider net, suggesting possibly that average people who don't agree with progressive ideas are most likely armed to the teeth racists, and there's millions of them. It's this kind of elitist view(clinging to their guns and religion)that's turned so many off to the Democrat Party(beyond those progressive ideas).

Last edited:

vantexan

I mean people are told things are better and people are told things are worse. What policy are people concretely going to say, "Now I'm finally on my way to having a better future than my parents!"
Mr.Obama didn't create your progressive paradise with a pronouncement, so why do you think Trump can create millions of jobs with a wave of his hands? Takes time, legislation to improve things, and there's no guarantee it will happen to everyone's satisfaction. But even Democrat union members voted to give him a chance because it sure wasn't happening under the previous administration.

floridays

Which policies are you imagining?

Much has been made of the efforts by Congress and Trump to cut regulations. The Competitiveness Enterprise Institute on Wednesday said that lots of red tape and paper will be cut by Trump. As an example, it said that the typical 97,000 pages printed in the Federal Register under former President Obama is likely to be cut by a third.

Key highlights from OMB:

• In the last five months of fiscal year 2016, the Obama administration imposed $6.8 billion in annualized costs from economically significant rules. By contrast, the Trump administration has imposed less than $0 in regulatory costs during its first five months.
  • Comparing Obama's first five months in office to Trump's, Obama imposed $3.1 billion in costs. Trump has cut regulations, realizing an annualized cost saving of $22 million.
  • The administration is "ahead of schedule" on the 2-for-1 regulatory cut, banking 16 regulatory actions, including 12 cut by Congress.
Paul Bedard, the Washington Examiner's "Washington Secrets" columnist, can be contacted at [email protected]

by Paul Bedard | Jul 19, 2017, 9:00 PM

floridays

"Much has been made of the efforts by Congress and Trump to cut regulations. The Competitiveness Enterprise Institute on Wednesday said that lots of red tape and paper will be cut by Trump. As an example, it said that the typical 97,000 pages printed in the Federal Register under former President Obama is likely to be cut by a third.

Key highlights from OMB:

• In the last five months of fiscal year 2016, the Obama administration imposed $6.8 billion in annualized costs from economically significant rules. By contrast, the Trump administration has imposed less than $0 in regulatory costs during its first five months.
  • Comparing Obama's first five months in office to Trump's, Obama imposed $3.1 billion in costs. Trump has cut regulations, realizing an annualized cost saving of $22 million.
  • The administration is "ahead of schedule" on the 2-for-1 regulatory cut, banking 16 regulatory actions, including 12 cut by Congress."
Paul Bedard, the Washington Examiner's "Washington Secrets" columnist, can be contacted at [email protected]

bbsam

Staff member
"Much has been made of the efforts by Congress and Trump to cut regulations. The Competitiveness Enterprise Institute on Wednesday said that lots of red tape and paper will be cut by Trump. As an example, it said that the typical 97,000 pages printed in the Federal Register under former President Obama is likely to be cut by a third.

Key highlights from OMB:

• The administration is "ahead of schedule" on the 2-for-1 regulatory cut, banking 16 regulatory actions, including 12 cut by Congress."
And somehow the Trump democrats in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania will feel this wealth? And the people who voted more against Hillary than for Trump will be overwhelmed with a sense that they are MAGA?

floridays

And somehow the Trump democrats in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania will feel this wealth? And the people who voted more against Hillary than for Trump will be overwhelmed with a sense that they are MAGA?
Burns your arse up that these "folks" (Barry Soetoro term), flipped the script doesn't it. Time for your type to go "Scream at the sky" again?

bbsam

Staff member
Burns your arse up that these "folks" (Barry Soetoro term), flipped the script doesn't it. Time for your type to go "Scream at the sky" again?
Not at all. I'm just trying to figure out how republicans can be so certain they have these voters for any future election. Not like they've done anything for them.

floridays

Not at all. I'm just trying to figure out how republicans can be so certain they have these voters for any future election. Not like they've done anything for them.
It obviously does burn you up, they cost the old dirtbag the election. No one that I have read asserts "these folk" are dependable future votes.

bbsam

Staff member
It obviously does burn you up, they cost the old dirtbag the election. No one that I have read asserts "these folk" are dependable future votes.
Since you don't want to take my word for it, why don't you tell me how it "burns" me up. And am I supposed to be somehow offended by the word "folk" or "folks"? Seems a perfectly fine word to me.

floridays

Since you don't want to take my word for it, why don't you tell me how it "burns" me up. And am I supposed to be somehow offended by the word "folk" or "folks"? Seems a perfectly fine word to me.
You mentioned those voters, from those states that flipped for Trump. You hate Trump and adore the old dirtbag, and all she and her party stand for. You rail daily about Trump and anything he does, tweets about, and the fact that he simply draws another breath. Now add that He is your president and that burns your arse up. You're right, I don't take your word for it.

bbsam

Staff member
You mentioned those voters, from those states that flipped for Trump. You hate Trump and adore the old dirtbag, and all she and her party stand for. You rail daily about Trump and anything he does, tweets about, and the fact that he simply draws another breath. Now add that He is your president and that burns your arse up. You're right, I don't take your word for it.
i think Trump is an incompetent ass snake-oil salesman. Everything he's done has been for his own perceived glorification. I think the populists that voted for him won't be given any reason to do so again.

Hillary lost. I rarely think of her, which is strange since you are convinced that I adore her.

You, on the other hand can't even discuss Trump without referencing Hillary.

Somebody here has an obsession but it's not me.

floridays

i think Trump is an incompetent ass snake-oil salesman. Everything he's done has been for his own perceived glorification. I think the populists that voted for him won't be given any reason to do so again.

Hillary lost. I rarely think of her, which is strange since you are convinced that I adore her.

You, on the other hand can't even discuss Trump without referencing Hillary.

Somebody here has an obsession but it's not me.
You mentioned the voters of those states and the outcome of their votes. There were two candidates in the election, your post directly references both candidates by subject matter. I not only said the old dirtbag but the party also.

bbsam

Staff member
You mentioned the voters of those states and the outcome of their votes. There were two candidates in the election, your post directly references both candidates by subject matter. I not only said the old dirtbag but the party also.
I have been to exactly one (1) local democratic fundraiser in my life. Last year. A "trivia night".

Just to be clear, I pretty much despise all politicians. I do believe I would genuinely enjoy meeting Joe Biden but that's about it.

floridays

I have been to exactly one (1) local democratic fundraiser in my life. Last year. A "trivia night".

Just to be clear, I pretty much despise all politicians. I do believe I would genuinely enjoy meeting Joe Biden but that's about it.
I don't care what you've been to, its patently clear your political leaning. If you pretty much despise all politicians, I'm sure we will see a new improved BBsam, an equal opportunity attacker of the left and right.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't care what you've been to, its patently clear your political leaning. If you pretty much despise all politicians, I'm sure we will see a new improved BBsam, an equal opportunity attacker of the left and right.
My political leanings are clear?!? Holy crap! You are an amazing freaking detective!

Let me make it perfectly clear in case senility overtakes you. I am an unapologetic, in your face, anti-corporatist liberal. (Not exactly a Hillary lover.)

More than that, I have a fierce distaste for the wasteful, conceited, ignorant and baby boomers of this country who have rigged the society to pamper themselves from cradle to grave and :censored2: on everyone else.

So if that's what you thought I was, damn glad for ya. But I don't think it was ever hidden.

floridays

My political leanings are clear?!? Holy crap! You are an amazing freaking detective!

Let me make it perfectly clear in case senility overtakes you. I am an unapologetic, in your face, anti-corporatist liberal. (Not exactly a Hillary lover.)

More than that, I have a fierce distaste for the wasteful, conceited, ignorant and baby boomers of this country who have rigged the society to pamper themselves from cradle to grave and :censored2: on everyone else.

So if that's what you thought I was, damn glad for ya. But I don't think it was ever hidden.
So you say, I'll leave it up to individual readers to draw their own conclusions through the stances you take.