Any other centers using AI for their routes

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
I have been called in to work preload because I signed the extra work list and then had stops taken off at the end of the day so I can make DOT. I am not sure what about this you think is BS. They are literally only sending help to get me off under 14 hours because it is the law, they'd leave me out there all night if they could. The extra work of coming in to preload was offered in seniority order, you could've signed up and been in the position to get help at your 13th hour if you wanted. Would you prefer that when preload is short staffed instead of calling in union members to do the work they have part time supes load the trucks?
If you can’t do your job, the one you signed up for and bid on, then you shouldn’t be able to do that extra work. Or not all of it (if possible) anyway. And working preload and not driving after (the worse of the two scams) is literally stealing extra work from others that wanted it.

Thebrownblob

If you can’t do your job, the one you signed up for and bid on, then you shouldn’t be able to do that extra work. Or not all of it (if possible) anyway. And working preload and not driving after (the worse of the two scams) is literally stealing extra work from others that wanted it.
Drivers don’t have the option to work Pre Load in my building because they double shift, but not every building is like that because they don’t have other sorts or people that want to work. I would agree that drivers who sign up for the extra work should still do their job unless of course that put them over DOT hours at the end of the day. That happens occasionally here with EAM work, and drivers who have late pick ups or letterbox runs.

Last edited:

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

Not for something like that. The extra work sign-up sheet we have would be for extra work,like Saturday for Monday through Friday drivers or Monday for Tuesday through Saturday drivers. Or EAM work,I don’t know of any reason you would have a right to do something else other than your bid job.
Agreed!

Last edited:

Savage21

#1 Saturday driver ✊
The biggest problem with automated dispatch not (ai) you idiots.

Is it doesn't account for the driver that calls out and some random has to cover it.

Thebrownblob

The biggest problem with automated dispatch not (ai) you idiots.

Is it doesn't account for the driver that calls out and some random has to cover it.
And Street closures, and multiple deliveries in one building, and wants to give Deliveries on the way back to the building, and can change your pick ups daily causing missed pickups…… yeah it’s great😛

Savage21

#1 Saturday driver ✊
And Street closures, and multiple deliveries in one building, and wants to give Deliveries on the way back to the building, and can change your pick ups daily causing missed pickups…… yeah it’s great😛
Looks like you're a guinea pig building. We're not supposed to be getting it until November! Yaay just in time for the Holidays! 🐺💪

I listen to dogs of various breeds and sizes bark at me all day, everyday at me. Some even lung at me like they will attack. They all back down when someone like me stands my ground. YOU remind me of one of the them. Particularly the little Taco Bell dogs.
O3uTvHd6Y4g0mfIae1 (1).gif

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

Well I said not many. Not none. But its not like anyone is carrying a keyboard around while delivering packages. 🤦‍♂️

Personally, I'd go with an actual laptop (I use MacBook Pro) if I'm consistently using an actual keyboard. My iPads are typically for when I only need minimal use of typing so a touch screen is enough to watch movies or Rumble/YouTube vids.