Any other centers using AI for their routes

Not for something like that. The extra work sign-up sheet we have would be for extra work,like Saturday for Monday through Friday drivers or Monday for Tuesday through Saturday drivers. Or EAM work,I don’t know of any reason you would have a right to do something else other than your bid job.
Ours is also for being called in on the preload or staying late to help local sort.

Thebrownblob

Ours is also for being called in on the preload or staying late to help local sort.
We have a pretty big building so they usually double shift part-timers if they need help on the Pre Load, and we don’t have a local sort we have a Twilight that is staffed. So the only extra work for drivers would be a six day punch and possibly early a.m. but then you would be doing your bid route.

PT Car Washer

Not for something like that. The extra work sign-up sheet we have would be for extra work,like Saturday for Monday through Friday drivers or Monday for Tuesday through Saturday drivers. Or EAM work,I don’t know of any reason you would have a right to do something else other than your bid job.
So you would allow management to perform extra work outside of your bid job? My Local does not see it that way. Union work should be performed by Union members.

Thebrownblob

So you would allow management to perform extra work outside of your bid job? My Local does not see it that way. Union work should be performed by Union members.
Where did you read Management is performing the extra work? Pre Load work is performed by part-timers who are on the double shift list if there’s any extra.

PT Car Washer

We have a pretty big building so they usually double shift part-timers if they need help on the Pre Load, and we don’t have a local sort we have a Twilight that is staffed. So the only extra work for drivers would be a six day punch and possibly early a.m. but then you would be doing your bid route.
Last Summer they were asking delivery drivers to work car wash and laying off FT car washers and cutting hours of PT car washers.

PT Car Washer

Where did you read Management is performing the extra work? Pre Load work is performed by part-timers who are on the double shift list if there’s any extra.
Not all of us work in the BOG where every problem is solved. Most of our PT have either another PT or FT job to go to or family obligations or school.

Thebrownblob

Not all of us work in the BOG where every problem is solved. Most of our PT have either another PT or FT job to go to or family obligations or school.
Which is why I said that’s what our extra worksheet is for. If yours is different, that’s great. Really wasn’t talking about your part-timers. I was talking about full-time coming off their bids to do those jobs.

10:30 resi

When management allows a driver to do “extra” work instead of their route. Such as preload only. Or reduces their route to a partial day so they can still do the extra work without a DOT violation. For example.
I have been called in to work preload because I signed the extra work list and then had stops taken off at the end of the day so I can make DOT. I am not sure what about this you think is BS. They are literally only sending help to get me off under 14 hours because it is the law, they'd leave me out there all night if they could. The extra work of coming in to preload was offered in seniority order, you could've signed up and been in the position to get help at your 13th hour if you wanted. Would you prefer that when preload is short staffed instead of calling in union members to do the work they have part time supes load the trucks?

That would be perfectly fine. It would be coming off your bid job to only do that job would be a problem. Never heard of anything like that.
I have seen someone get called in off the extra work list for preload then forfeit their guarantee and use their seniority to go home extra instead of running a route.

Thebrownblob

I have seen someone get called in off the extra work list for preload then forfeit their guarantee and use their seniority to go home extra instead of running a route.
I guess that’s their choice but doesn’t really make much sense to me. Why even come in early? The only reason I would sign up for extra work is if I’m trying to make more money.

I guess that’s their choice but doesn’t really make much sense to me. Why even come in early? The only reason I would sign up for extra work is if I’m trying to make more money.
I pretty much feel the same way about it. I don't like when people give up their guarantee but other than that it's none of my business. Maybe they are signing up for preload in hopes that they will get help on the back end and get home earlier, and then they see an opportunity to get home much earlier.

On the occasion that you have something going on that day and were planning on a dead day anyway. For example a few weeks ago I lost a filling and planned on taking the dead day to get it fixed. I went in early on the sort when they called, was an extra 4 hours I wasn't planning on getting.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

On the occasion that you have something going on that day and were planning on a dead day anyway. For example a few weeks ago I lost a filling and planned on taking the dead day to get it fixed. I went in early on the sort when they called, was an extra 4 hours I wasn't planning on getting.
You’re a brave man because management is so piss poor here if you were on the clock, they would tell you if you left you would be abandoning your job once you start working lol.