Any other centers using AI for their routes

Thebrownblob

How does the word "retaliate" fit into the "intent of the language".

In my opinion that is the word that muddies up the while equation.
I agree, and it makes it harder to prove.
100%Orion thanks having 9.6 hours of work is proof. I think that will be hard to win.

I don’t even bring retaliation up unless I have a really good reason, you tend to look like an idiot unless you’ve got lots of proof.

Thebrownblob

For the record, I haven’t asked one management person what their opinion is on this lol. I’m sure there opinion will be completely opposite of mine. I have asked other stewards. and BAs, and some people I trust on this website their opinion. I’m glad the language is there. It certainly gives us an argument, although I do not believe it’s very clear….yet

FYI, we have already gotten a few people paid for those two days that the company agreed was excessive.

For the record, I haven’t asked one management person what their opinion is on this lol. I’m sure there opinion will be completely opposite of mine. I have asked other stewards. and BAs, and some people I trust on this website their opinion. I’m glad the language is there. It certainly gives us an argument, although I do not believe it’s very clear….yet

FYI, we have already gotten a few people paid for those two days that the company agreed was excessive.
Literally not one manager in my building even knows that language exists, much less has an opinion on it.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
It’s interesting. He’s leaving out the fact that you have to work over 9.5 3 days to even violate to get a penalty. So I guess it’s OK to go excessively over 9.5. Daily? if it was clear, why aren’t we getting paid after every 9.5 day? Clearly it isn’t excessive and penalized until you’ve done it three times. Is it excessive if you do it only two? Apparently not without some other mitigating factors.

For example, the same two days every week or perhaps some sort of retaliation etc., etc.
What? LOL. No one is claiming we should get paid penalty for every day over 9.5. But over 9.5 is clearly excessive wether its paying out penalty or not. The third day trigger isn't meant to be a qualifier for whats excessive. Its only the qualifier for the penalty. And now it is supposed to include the other two days. It was meant to add teeth to the previous language.
How does the word "retaliate" fit into the "intent of the language".

In my opinion that is the word that muddies up the while equation.
I don't like the word either but when a driver is routinely (with a paper trail of grievances going back months) worked over 9.5 hours two days per week then it should be very hard to hide behind vagueness.

Thebrownblob

What? LOL. No one is claiming we should get paid penalty for every day over 9.5. But over 9.5 is clearly excessive wether its paying out penalty or not. The third day trigger isn't meant to be a qualifier for whats excessive. Its only the qualifier for the penalty. And now it is supposed to include the other two days. It was meant to add teeth to the previous language.

I don't like the word either but when a driver is routinely (with a paper trail of grievances going back months) worked over 9.5 hours two days per week then it should be very hard to hide behind vagueness.
What Vaguness? Why would anyone need multiple grievances for something so clear?

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

This is definitely different than what you've been spouting, and sets a foundation for a retaliation grievance. Not at all the point you've been pushing.
My point is that the language states we are to get paid penalty for those two days. Me even making the point about the paper trail was in direct response to how several of you have stated retaliation as the reason the language is faulty.

Thebrownblob

That should be what every local in every region sites at every level to make it rock solid language.
Those people were worked over 11 hours the other two days and had already filed 9.5 and gotten paid.
We have others that have never violated three times But have worked maybe 9.8 or 10.1 a couple days a week the company does not agree that is excessive. And still others who have violated and gotten 9.5 Pay. And possibly work 10 or a little less hours a couple times a week on random days. The company also does not agree that is excessive so they are deadlocked.

Nice

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

You obviously didn’t get the sarcasm
Oh i got. And you missed the point. Which is that we shouldn't need a paper trail. But, unfortunately, with you guys at the helm that might be necessary. Contract language is supposed to be settled, signed, and put into practice before it goes into affect. Not on the fly after at the mercy of company man minded individuals.

Thebrownblob

Oh i got. And you missed the point. Which is that we shouldn't need a paper trail. But, unfortunately, with you guys at the helm that might be necessary. Contract language is supposed to be settled, signed, and put into practice before it goes into affect. Not on the fly after at the mercy of company man minded individuals.
OK gotcha well, I’m sorry but I gotta get back to you being a company, man. Have a good day.

...the language states we are to get paid penalty for those two days.
If the excessive overtime is assigned in order to retaliate against the driver for opting onto the 9.5 list.

You don't get paid for going over for just any two random days in a week. The violation is three days in a week, not two. If it happens consistently, that would be grounds to get paid on the two days. Not just because you went over twice, it's three days. Just like always, only now they can't work you 10.5+ twice and then 9.3 three times.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

Those people were worked over 11 hours the other two days and had already filed 9.5 and gotten paid.
We have others that have never violated three times But have worked maybe 9.8 or 10.1 a couple days a week the company does not agree that is excessive. And still others who have violated and gotten 9.5 Pay. And possibly work 10 or a little less hours a couple times a week on random days. The company also does not agree that is excessive so they are deadlocked.
So that means you guys have already set a bad precedent by letting management dictate that we are required to work 11 hours in order to qualify? Sounds like extra contractual agreements to me. That undermines the actual language to boot.

Thebrownblob

So that means you guys have already set a bad precedent by letting management dictate that we are required to work 11 hours in order to qualify? Sounds like extra contractual agreements to me. That undermines the actual language to boot.
No, obviously you reading comprehension isn’t very strong. The other grievances are deadlocked.