Anyone else see the message from Sean O'brien?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
there is enough volume to go around to everybody. Not one company can handle all the package volume, nor do any want all of it.

542thruNthru

The ones who want to strike don’t realize how selfish they really are. The higher seniority have little to nothing to lose. They whine about issues that are minuscule to what lower seniority have to deal with. After a strike they won’t stand up for you. They won’t take a long term layoff to allow the lower seniority to work.

No, I’m ok with my choices, I know where the door is.

Sure sounds like you're not ok with your choices. Complaining that high seniority people don't care about the little guy even though what they are fighting for will benefit everyone. You just are upset that you will be laid off for only having 7 weeks seniority because of your bad decisions.

Stop trying to convince people to not vote against you just because you made such bad decisions and are afraid you'll be laid off permanently. Go ahead and tell me again "you know where the door is" even though you're on here complaining.

Right. Ok.
Dude, they were hiring extra drivers because our volume went to them.
And you post about not getting our volume back (in 20 yrs?) but helped "the competition" successfully move what was our volume up to the strike. Ok.
We will never have had 100% of amazon because of the strike. “I have to spread out my risk” Bezos

F

Frankie's Friend

We will never have had 100% of amazon because of the strike. “I have to spread out my risk” Bezos
I got the strike issue. I know full well the repercussions of a work stoppage.
I dont know if you have just followed your work or what to be in the position youre in but if youre going to go to the competition to find work either:
A. Quit first and then go or;
B. Wait until the strike is over and jump ship.
You may as well collect your strike money first.
Thats my opinion for what it's worth.

Sure sounds like you're not ok with your choices. Complaining that high seniority people don't care about the little guy even though what they are fighting for will benefit everyone. You just are upset that you will be laid off for only having 7 weeks seniority because of your bad decisions.

Stop trying to convince people to not vote against you just because you made such bad decisions and are afraid you'll be laid off permanently. Go ahead and tell me again "you know where the door is" even though you're on here complaining.
I am mearly pointing out a fundamental flaw. I would transfer tomorrow if I wanted to move again. The lower seniority should know the consequences of a strike.

I got the strike issue. I know full well the repercussions of a work stoppage.
I dont know if you have just followed your work or what to be in the position youre in but if youre going to go to the competition to find work either:
A. Quit first and then go or;
B. Wait until the strike is over and jump ship.
You may as well collect your strike money first.
Thats my opinion for what it's worth.
I would definitely wait until after a strike. But I believe a prolonged stike will be my exit..... If I am a scab, do you know why teamsters worked scabs in 97?

F

Frankie's Friend

I would definitely wait until after a strike. But I believe a prolonged stike will be my exit..... If I am a scab, do you know why teamsters worked scabs in 97?
Dude i can not verify your claim and i wont say it is truth either.
But when you say that teamsters dont care about the rest of their coworkers i can honestly say thats not truth.
Many of us took one for the whole team in 97. It took a long time to recover in many households. I got a total of $55 for the 1st wk and the local took the second wks pay for dues. Offered us hot dogs on the strike line. Really.
But the glue that kept us standing together was the fact that we need each other.
Theres a price to pay in anything you hold valuable.
Count the cost.

Dude i can not verify your claim and i wont say it is truth either.
But when you say that teamsters dont care about the rest of their coworkers i can honestly say thats not truth.
Many of us took one for the whole team in 97. It took a long time to recover in many households. I got a total of $55 for the 1st wk and the local took the second wks pay for dues. Offered us hot dogs on the strike line. Really.
But the glue that kept us standing together was the fact that we need each other.
Theres a price to pay in anything you hold valuable.
Count the cost.
My only point is that the lowest seniority pays the most. We had a strike fund. A whole $300 I thought I was making bank at the time.