Anyone else see the message from Sean O'brien?

F

Frankie's Friend

Nice try... I was on the line everyday. I did also work at a competitor that is represented by the teamsters.
For the last time dude.....
Your post said you moved freight for our "competition". Your words.
Every new and existing trucking company moved our volume when we were out on strike. You posted that you look forward to doing it again if the opportunity arose.
Youre still a scab.

Every new and existing trucking company moved our volume when we were out on strike. You posted that you look forward to doing it again if the opportunity arose.
Youre still a scab.
Initiated and sanctioned by the union. Not my fault the union doesn’t treat all members equally.

babboo25

Banned
I wouldn't call it a mentality but a strong desire to see the Company held accountable! The problem is what is the criteria or standard we should use to coming to a decision with a new contract!

Past contracts, personal situation, profitability, and many more.....???? I don't have a ton of full-time seniority but somebody has to keep this company accountable!

I agree that emotions rather than reason gets the best of me sometimes but at the end of the day we have thousands of teamsters who might vote no based on one issue, or a multitude of issues or just out of pure hatred and disgust for how they have been treated over the years or because it is just a bad contract, which there is such a thing! Im just glad I have that freedom!

Guys and gals will always have this mentality, to use your word, as long as they see this Company profitable! Do you think there ever is a legitimate reason to strike? And if so what criteria are you using to come to that decision?
Criteria for a strike-cut in pay, reduction of benefits, 6 day work week, I wanna see telematics tossed out 100%, 9.5s are tricky because there are some lazy asses who run 5 hours over and file.
All of this strike chest pounding isn’t helpful, Union is going to reach a tentative agreement in a couple months, sure we can vote it down but that won’t happen.

Youre still a scab.
The fact that if a long term strike happened I have a low possibility of returning to UPS. I’m Ok with that....why do care if I stay at ups, or move on?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You can guarantee that surepost won’t go to another carrier? I never saw a drop in volume when surepost was implemented.

How can another carrier do the work, there is too much as is. You’re not seeing the reality of the economy right now. And have you ever delivered to a post office? That surepost is keeping them afloat!
Surepost is volume that we never would have had in the first place.

Wrong. Then who would have it?

How can another carrier do the work, there is too much as is. You’re not seeing the reality of the economy right now. And have you ever delivered to a post office? That surepost is keeping them afloat!

Wrong. Then who would have it?
I’ve delivered to at least a dozen post offices. My question is, if we did away with surepost, why would it not be delivered via a competing service. It is one stop, the competition is already going there.

MyTripisCut

I’ve delivered to at least a dozen post offices. My question is, if we did away with surepost, why would it not be delivered via a competing service. It is one stop, the competition is already going there.
It was it was picked up across the country by our network. FedEx is the only place to compete with our network so far, and if they got all the volume, I don’t think they would be able to move it. Not efficiently. The big shippers are our leverage for this negotiation. It’s their product that won’t be delivered.

It was it was picked up across the country by our network. FedEx is the only place to compete with our network so far, and if they got all the volume, I don’t think they would be able to move it. Not efficiently. The big shippers are our leverage for this negotiation. It’s their product that won’t be delivered.
FedEx can’t pu amazon, target, and a few others, and deliver it to the post office? These aren’t extra stops for them. If it’s too much at first, you don’t think fedex can’t adapt?

MyTripisCut

FedEx can’t pu amazon, target, and a few others, and deliver it to the post office? These aren’t extra stops for them. If it’s too much at first, you don’t think fedex can’t adapt?
Anyone can adapt. How long will a strike or threat of one last? By then the shipper will be the one who wished we didn’t. That’s all I’m trying to say.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Criteria for a strike-cut in pay, reduction of benefits, 6 day work week, I wanna see telematics tossed out 100%, 9.5s are tricky because there are some lazy asses who run 5 hours over and file.
All of this strike chest pounding isn’t helpful, Union is going to reach a tentative agreement in a couple months, sure we can vote it down but that won’t happen.

Telematics is not going anywhere-----the argument that the Company and the Union are having is whether it can be used solely for discipline (Company) or whether it has to be supported by visual contact of the alleged infraction (Union).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The chief difference between Surepost and Smartpost is that we process it through our system before dumping it at the local post office while Smartpost is shipped directly from the shipper to a Post Office sorting facility.

F

Frankie's Friend

Telematics is not going anywhere-----the argument that the Company and the Union are having is whether it can be used solely for discipline (Company) or whether it has to be supported by visual contact of the alleged infraction (Union).
Or other supporting evidence.
Ttku

MangoMango

Because for every 1 thing the Dems do good there is about 1000 things they do bad. People who voted based on one issue are idiots. The same people who are pro union are for extremely high taxes that will drain your beloved "union wages" right out of your bank account.
Its because there are only 2 political parties. There is no in between.

F

Frankie's Friend

With help from scabs it'll be easier.

F

Frankie's Friend

The chief difference between Surepost and Smartpost is that we process it through our system before dumping it at the local post office while Smartpost is shipped directly from the shipper to a Post Office sorting facility.
Wrong again.
The FDX subcontractor who dumps smartpost in the outlying p.o. on my route has presorted volume specific to that town and RR adjacent to it just like i do.