Are we on the brink of civil war 2.0?

floridays

The court dismissed the case due to a determined lack of standing. It’s right there in the article.
The court determined they wanted no part or it.

Exactly where, if not the Supreme Court, or Federal Court System would a state seeking relief in a Federal Election on behalf of it's citizens seek redress against a state they allege violated their state and federal Constitution?

The Federal Court System, the final authority being the Supreme Court, is the venue, per the Constitution, and precedent.

Indecisi0n

Don't worry Biden will claim them as Saved Jobs.
Does it really matter who claims them? Just create them and do it quick.
it seems like the people from the past were the ones who just did good things for mankind and didn’t want recognition for it. I don’t think there is any greater honor than that. Maybe my view is off since I didn’t grow up in the 60/70’s but sometimes I wish I could go back and live a few years in that era. I know it’s not all pretty but I am sure it’s a lot different.

Box Ox

Mitch McConnell says Capitol rioters ‘were provoked by the president’

"Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Tuesday said the Jan. 6 Capitol rioters were “provoked” by President Trump “and other powerful people” to try to stop certification of his election defeat.

In a Senate floor speech, McConnell (R-Ky.) said, “The last time the Senate convened, we had just reclaimed the Capitol from violent criminals … the mob was fed lies. They were provoked by the president and other powerful people. And they tried to use fear and violence to stop a specific proceeding … but we pressed on.”

It will be fine

Does it really matter who claims them? Just create them and do it quick.
it seems like the people from the past were the ones who just did good things for mankind and didn’t want recognition for it. I don’t think there is any greater honor than that. Maybe my view is off since I didn’t grow up in the 60/70’s but sometimes I wish I could go back and live a few years in that era. I know it’s not all pretty but I am sure it’s a lot different.
Different in that political assassinations were common.

The Driver

I drive.
Which still allows me to be better informed than you. Article's wrong my friend.
“In the United States, the current doctrine is that a person cannot bring a suit challenging the constitutionality of a law unless they can demonstrate that they are or will "imminently" be harmed by the law. Otherwise, the court will rule that the plaintiff "lacks standing" to bring the suit, and will dismiss the case without considering the merits of the claim of unconstitutionality.”

Judges can dismiss for lack of standing before looking at any case evidence. Period. You’re wrong.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
“In the United States, the current doctrine is that a person cannot bring a suit challenging the constitutionality of a law unless they can demonstrate that they are or will "imminently" be harmed by the law. Otherwise, the court will rule that the plaintiff "lacks standing" to bring the suit, and will dismiss the case without considering the merits of the claim of unconstitutionality.”

Judges can dismiss for lack of standing before looking at any case evidence. Period. You’re wrong.

How can a judge determine that a party is not suffering or will immenently suffer harm without hearing the evidence? I guess they consult their crystal ball?

Besides, There's a difference between challenging a law as unconstitutional and challenging an act as unlawful.

The Driver

I drive.
How can a judge determine that a party is not suffering or will immenently suffer harm without hearing the evidence? I guess they consult their crystal ball?

Besides, There's a difference between challenging a law as unconstitutional and challenging an act as unlawful.
Ask the justices.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Maybe my view is off since I didn’t grow up in the 60/70’s but sometimes I wish I could go back and live a few years in that era. I know it’s not all pretty but I am sure it’s a lot different.
Many cities only had 3-5 television stations ; abc, cbs, nbc, maybe pbs (daylight hours only ) and dupont.
All stations signed off for the day at 11:30 PM except one that did after the Johnny Carson Show, 12:30 AM.
Cars were sold for curb appeal and speed.
Girls in bikinis pumped your gas for you.
Licking Green Stamps.
You could live like a king on $20/week.
Some cities had newspapers that ran morning, afternoon and evening editions.

Indecisi0n

Many cities only had 3-5 television stations ; abc, cbs, nbc, maybe pbs (daylight hours only ) and dupont.
All stations signed off for the day at 11:30 PM except one that did after the Johnny Carson Show, 12:30 AM.
Cars were sold for curb appeal and speed.
Girls in bikinis pumped your gas for you.
Licking Green Stamps.
You could live like a king on $20/week.
Some cities had newspapers that ran morning, afternoon and evening editions.
@rod please verify

wilberforce15

I doubt it.
You can doubt whatever you want. But it's true. It could be 5 years or 30 years. But it will happen.

I'm preparing my own finances, hording cryptocurrencies, and refining my skillset for a move away from UPS and to a state where I won't be disemployed, imprisoned, risk bank confiscation of assets, or simply tarring and feathering for knowning the difference between a man and a woman.

There is a great sort that is starting to happen. Americans are moving to the last vestiges of America remaining. And all the bolsheviks get to stay in their home states and blue cities, because they own them.