Are you voting?

How are you voting for the strike authorization?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Allegedly, all centers will have a number, to be staffed by full time drivers, that will need to be maintained. And it will be up to those drivers to demand their 8 and keep things in check. All weekend work will be done by 22.4’s. Either tues to sat or sun to thurs.

The union is also viewing this as a way to inject money, by creating full time jobs, into failing pensions plans.
I had heard that these jobs would be making MORE than the tcd jobs we have now AND if they use these new drivers so many punches they will HAVE to put in a FULL wage FT job.....if this is actually the language they are proposing then it is an improvement over TCD model....

I had heard that these jobs would be making MORE than the tcd jobs we have now AND if they use these new drivers so many punches they will HAVE to put in a FULL wage FT job.....if this is actually the language they are proposing then it is an improvement over TCD model....
Maybe where you are at but it would be a down grade here. We don't have TCD here

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Maybe where you are at but it would be a down grade here. We don't have TCD here
From what I’ve heard most places use some form of tcd.... now I’m not sure of the actual percentage ... I guess I’m not against that IF there is hardcore rules to say that if these guys get so many punches then they HAVE to put in more routes and FT top scale jobs... there IS a way to get ups the flexibility it needs for surges in volume AND the full time jobs we as teamsters want...

From what I’ve heard most places use some form of tcd.... now I’m not sure of the actual percentage ... I guess I’m not against that IF there is hardcore rules to say that if these guys get so many punches then they HAVE to put in more routes and FT top scale jobs... there IS a way to get ups the flexibility it needs for surges in volume AND the full time jobs we as teamsters want...
Where are all the new jobs that we was supposed to get from Saturday ground? We've been doing it for a good while and haven seen any new jobs being created

If you believe that crap for one second, then you can believe I rarely post.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Where are all the new jobs that we was supposed to get from Saturday ground? We've been doing it for a good while and haven seen any new jobs being created

If you believe that crap for one second, then you can believe I rarely post.
Lol.... they are trying to do the ol’ switcharoo.... if the language is in there then they have to do it, might take a while but a mediator will force them class action grievance....I’m just thinking outside the box... I think ups is looking down the road a few contracts to get what they want out of these 22.4 ?? Jobs , but if we get some good contract language or pension help then I’m just stating that it might be good for us to “look at” something like this...

Lol.... they are trying to do the ol’ switcharoo.... if the language is in there then they have to do it, might take a while but a mediator will force them class action grievance....I’m just thinking outside the box... I think ups is looking down the road a few contracts to get what they want out of these 22.4 ?? Jobs , but if we get some good contract language or pension help then I’m just stating that it might be good for us to “look at” something like this...
Once you give back, it's gone forever.

I personally think these TCD are TOTAL GUVEBACKS.... they have manipulated them just like surepost....
Look at all the give backs over the last couple of decades. Longer progression and a bigger wage gap during progression. A year to get medical. 3 years to get all of you sick/ personal option days. Split raises. The use if technology to harass and discipline...

I was told, my local and another are the only two in the country that don’t have TCD or Utility drivers. This would give us more flexibility allegedly.
Are you buying this too?
UONr56T7jAOyc.gif

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Are you buying this too?View attachment 194096
I’m not buying anything until a contract comes out. I will say, we need to be careful what we wish for. This is full time jobs, paying into our pension, with the chance of advancement. You push back too hard, and Uber drivers are carrying our packages and we are in the soup line. If these mofos can work weekends and holidays while I don’t.......I will seriously consider it. Part timers argue about how long it takes to go driving, this could push that forward.

I’m not buying anything until a contract comes out. I will say, we need to be careful what we wish for. This is full time jobs, paying into our pension, with the chance of advancement. You push back too hard, and Uber drivers are carrying our packages and we are in the soup line. If these mofos can work weekends and holidays while I don’t.......I will seriously consider it. Part timers argue about how long it takes to go driving, this could push that forward.
You know they are going to abuse this. It will also out aput a target on our backs because we make a lot more than them. I just want to maintain the standard of living I have now, not give back. When I started 5 weeks vacation was the max now it's six. I'm not willing to give a week back, are you?

The company is making record profits and if you want anything back from me, start by slashing the dividend first, don't take it away from me or you or the retirees.