Are you voting?

How are you voting for the strike authorization?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coldworld

They told us, each center would have to maintain a minimum number of full time drivers in the current classification. Like I said, let’s see the language. If you have 55 drivers now, then they have to maintain that number.
And I’d they use these 22.4 drivers so many punches then they HAVE to put in another ft top rate driver... if this means a little more flexibility for ups and more ft runs for us then I’d have to think hard about that, especially with them not being able to even get drivers from the pt ranks... many of these 22,4 drivers could be hired off the street... who knows???

Coldworld

You know how this place is. Give them an inch....
We just need a president who isn’t so cozy with ups , that’s half the problem, they manipulate Hoffa and the local union presidents are now having to clean up the messes... that’s not how it is suppose to be...

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
The company is making record profits and if you want anything back from me, start by slashing the dividend first, don't take it away from me or you or the retirees.

Wut? you or the retirees don't own UPS stock? That's an easy 3% on your money. smh

Wut? you or the retirees don't own UPS stock? That's an easy 3% on your money. smh
Screenshot_20180520-170436.png
Screenshot_20180520-170455.png

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Our part time drivers make too rate, once they go through progression. So these new 22.4 jobs would either pass them in seniority or they would be forced to bid it at a lower pay rate. Ask @sailfish it worked the same way at his place.
You mean with part-timers progressing the same as FT guys?

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
And if you would have exchanged it for FedEx stock a decade ago, you would have a lot more than you have now. Yes it has a very nice dividend but the stock has went up in value a whole lot.

You said UPS should slash their dividend. How about all the hard working UPSers that own UPS stock? You want to cut their income?:halfdead: Slashing the dividend is a terrible idea.

Your exchanging stock idea is not well thought out either. UPS has paid a larger dividend than FedEx for many years, it isn't always about the stock appreciation. :raspberry:

Also, not sure why anyone would vote no for the authorization either. You are just giving away your leverage to bargain with UPS. Voting yes is a no brainer.

Coldworld

You said UPS should slash their dividend. How about all the hard working UPSers that own UPS stock? You want to cut their income?:halfdead: Slashing the dividend is a terrible idea.

Your exchanging stock idea is not well thought out either. UPS has paid a larger dividend than FedEx for many years, it isn't always about the stock appreciation. :raspberry:

Also, not sure why anyone would vote no for the authorization either. You are just giving away your leverage to bargain with UPS. Voting yes is a no brainer.
Are you still a stockholder or did @cheryl tell you to dump it all for that vacation house in Lake Tahoe????

Ups is asking for a lower top rate on a new ground driver classification. And if they actually slashed the dividends and use that money to upgrade the company, they would be better off down the line. If too much of your income is dwpendepe on one stock, that is not a wise decision.

Coldworld

Ups is asking for a lower top rate on a new ground driver classification. And if they actually slashed the dividends and use that money to upgrade the company, they would be better off down the line. If too much of your income is dwpendepe on one stock, that is not a wise decision.
True on the stock front but ups has been making some huge investments in infrastructure.... you should see how many new kenworth and international tractors we have in my feeder group...and not all of this investment is in automation....jobs are associated with most of this... but I still see what you are saying though