Johney

That pat on the head they get from their sup makes it all worth it...
I kid you not one of our guys was told to "pick it up" for doing only 60 mph......a full set in a major thunderstorm. SMH.Now mind you he had made his depart time and his arrival time by 2 mins.

Johney

I’m a few weeks in. Really struggling with the change of hours. The money is great. Working more OT now then I ever worked in package and I don’t even have to lift a finger for the most part.

Surprisingly I’ve actually lost weight. Being awake at weird hours when I wouldn’t normally eat is the reason.
That'll change the minute you get a little more comfortable.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Do guys not understand technology? I been noticing so many drivers speeding all over the place. I normally set my speed accordingly then set the cruise and do my thing. I then notice other trucks not only passing me but blowing past me. Do they not understand if anything goes wrong (accident), even if not their fault they speed is recorded?

They may be running mileage. We've got some mileage runs that are tight against the 11 hours drive time, or that can barely make an air sort every day. Others are a lot more laid-back. That's why some drivers pass on mileage, they don't want to push it that hard every day.

You're also new to driving in feeders. Things may be different once you get a few hundred thousand or million miles under your belt.

Indecisi0n

They may be running mileage. We've got some mileage runs that are tight against the 11 hours drive time, or that can barely make an air sort every day. Others are a lot more laid-back. That's why some drivers pass on mileage, they don't want to push it that hard every day.

You're also new to driving in feeders. Things may be different once you get a few hundred thousand or million miles under your belt.
How does mileage runs work? Paid by miles or times ?

jaker

trolling
Do guys not understand technology? I been noticing so many drivers speeding all over the place. I normally set my speed accordingly then set the cruise and do my thing. I then notice other trucks not only passing me but blowing past me. Do they not understand if anything goes wrong (accident), even if not their fault they speed is recorded?
You will get used to it , very rare that I see a fellow driver doing the speed limit . Do your thing and let the speeders be speeders

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
How does mileage runs work? Paid by miles or times ?

We are paid $.8463 cents per mile for doubles with hourly pay for start work, TA, BK, delay and finish work. We choose wither SW time or FW time for OT pay, the rest is straight time.

Other places get a set hourly payment. I think it's miles plus 2 hours pay if you go to another hub. Come in under that and you still are paid 2 hours. Delay can be paid but I don't know how they do it.

Our mileage tractors are also turned up to 72.

Indecisi0n

We are paid $.8463 cents per mile for doubles with hourly pay for start work, TA, BK, delay and finish work. We choose wither SW time or FW time for OT pay, the rest is straight time.

Other places get a set hourly payment. I think it's miles plus 2 hours pay if you go to another hub. Come in under that and you still are paid 2 hours. Delay can be paid but I don't know how they do it.

Our mileage tractors are also turned up to 72.
Sounds complicated. I like things simple: Me drive, me get paid by hour = me happy.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
They may be running mileage.

The slow ones are paid by the hour, the fast ones are paid by the mile.

Sounds complicated. I like things simple: Me drive, me get paid by hour = me happy.

You work 10.5 hours per day, paid by the hour, and gross $2164.35

I work 10.5 hours per day, paid by the mile, and gross $2688.16

I make $2000/mo more than you do, for working the same amount of hours. I just drive more, which I'm OK with.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The slow ones are paid by the hour, the fast ones are paid by the mile.

You work 10.5 hours per day, paid by the hour, and gross $2164.35

I work 10.5 hours per day, paid by the mile, and gross $2688.16

I make $2000/mo more than you do, for working the same amount of hours. I just drive more, which I'm OK with.
They recently took a couple of our mileage runs and made them 4/10's, massive cut in pay.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
They recently took a couple of our mileage runs and made them 4/10's, massive cut in pay.

We have quite a few 4x10 mileage runs. I believe most were changed because drivers were stuck on the road on their 5th day because they were out of hours.

2400+ miles in four days is still a nice check.

Johney

We have quite a few 4x10 mileage runs. I believe most were changed because drivers were stuck on the road on their 5th day because they were out of hours.

Why would they allow them to work a 5th day if they were close on hours?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

I should have made clear that in addition to making them 4/10's they switched them back to hourly. Interesting that you have 4/10 mileage runs, didn't know that was a thing.

Johney

If it's a planned 11.5 hour run and they have 13 hours remaining how would you stop them?

Most of the issues would be because of vacation traffic.
They don't allow us to do that here that's how they would stop it. We need 3 hours minimum available to work an extra day.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
They don't allow us to do that here that's how they would stop it. We need 3 hours minimum available to work an extra day.

At that point it was a scheduled 5th day. That's part of the reason they took away the 5th day, from what I heard.

I don't inunderstand the 3 hours minimum available.

Johney

At that point it was a scheduled 5th day. That's part of the reason they took away the 5th day, from what I heard.

I don't inunderstand the 3 hours minimum available.
Oh ok I gotcha I didn't realize your 4/10 runs had a 5th scheduled day ours don't it's an extra report.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Oh ok I gotcha I didn't realize your 4/10 runs had a 5th scheduled day ours don't it's an extra report.

Some had a 5th that was cut before I was in feeders.

I think many are 4 days because of how air is processed and moved between sorts. We have a lot of sleeper runs and I'm sure they take air legs from our mileage guys.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

Our mileage tractors are also turned up to 72.[/QUOTE

Here, it goes like this: if things go according to the rules, you’re hooked up, you pre-trip and go. You only get paid mileage rate for driving and 20 minutes turn around time, straight, hourly time. Then mileage pay for the drive home. When we get back, we park, post-trip and we’re done.

That’s the plan. But this is UPS. Nothing ever goes according to plan. With our local agreement, if anything is wrong—you’re not hooked up, a breakdown, no seal, no loadbar, anything—you are on delay time at OT rate back to your start time.

And here, this happens frequently. I’m usually only hooked up twice a week, at best. Same thing on the return. Probably three days a week, they ask me to breakdown, fuel and wash, which is OT from my arrival time until I clock out.

And here, we have so much extra work, I end up working 2.5 to 3 hours a day after I return. It’s not uncommon for me to gross $3000 a week.

They are always trying to cut our extra time, but this being UPS, nothing ever goes according to plan.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

Here, it goes like this: if things go according to the rules, you’re hooked up, you pre-trip and go. You only get paid mileage rate for driving and 20 minutes turn around time, straight, hourly time. Then mileage pay for the drive home. When we get back, we park, post-trip and we’re done.

That’s the plan. But this is UPS. Nothing ever goes according to plan. With our local agreement, if anything is wrong—you’re not hooked up, a breakdown, no seal, no loadbar, anything—you are on delay time at OT rate back to your start time.

And here, this happens frequently. I’m usually only hooked up twice a week, at best. Same thing on the return. Probably three days a week, they ask me to breakdown, fuel and wash, which is OT from my arrival time until I clock out.

And here, we have so much extra work, I end up working 2.5 to 3 hours a day after I return. It’s not uncommon for me to gross $3000 a week.

They are always trying to cut our extra time, but this being UPS, nothing ever goes according to plan.