Yaba Daba Do

Donkey Punch Extraordinaire
When you have no options and are building in a rutted dirt lot and the dolly knocks you on your :censored2: you will understand. Sometimes the go together in 1-2 movements, sometimes it's 10. The more you practice the more likely it's 1-2.
It's about 50/50 with me, usually 3-5 pull ups. If I see that it's going to be closer to 10 and i'm not all alone i'll get out and spot it so I don't hold everyone up. There is nothing more frustrating than someone holding up traffic for 10 minutes while he tries to hero hook because he doesn't feel like getting out of the tractor. I got it on the first try the other night and wanted to get out of the tractor with my hands in the air like I just won a gold medal but i managed to control my excitement.

TTIMMAAYY

First wk of feeder training and last night my homework was to study my gauges & brakes from the packet & write down word for word on the feeder day 2 quiz.About 5 sheets,bout 7 diff skids ,prevent/control etc.Trainer gave me answer key to use..So I copied word for word & studied my gauges/brakes..felt accomplished,so today after handing my paperwork over.(I even took a ruler & made ghost lines with a pencil.).And my trainer who happens to be on board feeder supervisor says nice work..lets see how you do on your test,and hands me the day 2 quiz..which i could barely remember.If i had known about a test i would have made sure to study..I told him..so he gives me 30 min..so there I am stressed the :censored2: out trying to cram as much as i can..I got all 7 skids along with prevent/control,but alot of the 8,10,11,14,16 hr rule missed..long story short he pulled me from my training because i didnt follow directions,as he pointed to my test and said where's the prevent/control..didnt think I had to write prevent/control everytime..I mentioned what about the gauges & brakes,so he thew a question which i got stuck,then after regaining my composer i told him every pressure range for vehicle system operation..from which he replied I ve already made my descison..so Ill try again after 6 months..Any thoughts?..Local #439 Lathrop hub /12yrs

Indecisi0n

First wk of feeder training and last night my homework was to study my gauges & brakes from the packet & write down word for word on the feeder day 2 quiz.About 5 sheets,bout 7 diff skids ,prevent/control etc.Trainer gave me answer key to use..So I copied word for word & studied my gauges/brakes..felt accomplished,so today after handing my paperwork over.(I even took a ruler & made ghost lines with a pencil.).And my trainer who happens to be on board feeder supervisor says nice work..lets see how you do on your test,and hands me the day 2 quiz..which i could barely remember.If i had known about a test i would have made sure to study..I told him..so he gives me 30 min..so there I am stressed the :censored2: out trying to cram as much as i can..I got all 7 skids along with prevent/control,but alot of the 8,10,11,14,16 hr rule missed..long story short he pulled me from my training because i didnt follow directions,as he pointed to my test and said where's the prevent/control..didnt think I had to write prevent/control everytime..I mentioned what about the gauges & brakes,so he thew a question which i got stuck,then after regaining my composer i told him every pressure range for vehicle system operation..from which he replied I ve already made my descison..so Ill try again after 6 months..Any thoughts?..Local #439 Lathrop hub /12yrs
That sucks.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
When you have no options and are building in a rutted dirt lot and the dolly knocks you on your :censored2: you will understand. Sometimes the go together in 1-2 movements, sometimes it's 10. The more you practice the more likely it's 1-2.

You ain’t a super trucker if can’t cowboy it up

Brendan

Hiring off the street not out of hub
How do I find Indianapolis Indiana feeder drivers on here to answer questions for me about qualifying for feeder School?

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
That's probably me.
The only thing worse than tying up th yard, is being a the “won’t ever shut up” newbie feeder driver commenting every damn moment on this site. We get it, Son, you’re a feeder driver. Guess what? We are too. Now shut up about the simple sally :censored2: you think is so amazing and unique to your sheltered life as a UPSer. Let the men talk.

Indecisi0n

The only thing worse than tying up th yard, is being a the “won’t ever shut up” newbie feeder driver commenting every damn moment on this site. We get it, Son, you’re a feeder driver. Guess what? We are too. Now shut up about the simple sally :censored2: you think is so amazing and unique to your sheltered life as a UPSer. Let the men talk.
23 years, Can you even see your feet anymore ?

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
That wouldn't happen here and it sure seems arbitrary to me. I would direct your question to your best Feeder steward and Business agent.

over9five

Staff member
It is. Other than the hand valve, I know of nothing else that turns on lights AND service lines, unless Over has a next generation KW. Over, post a picture of this button you’re talking about.
Sorry this took so long. They transferred my Kenworth to another state (without even telling me, thanks UPS). Been looking every night, last night found another Kenworth as new as mine.

Second switch from the right, typical brake symbol, but with a lock on it. When you push it during your pre-trip, you can hear air being released into the line.

20180517_021819.jpg

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Sorry this took so long. They transferred my Kenworth to another state (without even telling me, thanks UPS). Been looking every night, last night found another Kenworth as new as mine.

Second switch from the right, typical brake symbol, but with a lock on it. When you push it during your pre-trip, you can hear air being released into the line.

View attachment 193592

Does it have a hand valve? Is this just an electric switch to replace the hand valve?

Have you popped the brake hose off, tried to move with the switch on or opened the rear cut-off cock to verify that there is air pressure with the switch on?

I'm curious now.

over9five

Staff member
Does it have a hand valve? Is this just an electric switch to replace the hand valve?

Have you popped the brake hose off, tried to move with the switch on or opened the rear cut-off cock to verify that there is air pressure with the switch on?

I'm curious now.
There is still a hand valve. The switch is for pretripping only. You would not want to use it while moving.

As soon as I got it, I pulled the service line off to test it. Yup, there's air in there!

Indecisi0n

Do guys not understand technology? I been noticing so many drivers speeding all over the place. I normally set my speed accordingly then set the cruise and do my thing. I then notice other trucks not only passing me but blowing past me. Do they not understand if anything goes wrong (accident), even if not their fault they speed is recorded?

over9five

Staff member
Do guys not understand technology? I been noticing so many drivers speeding all over the place. I normally set my speed accordingly then set the cruise and do my thing. I then notice other trucks not only passing me but blowing past me. Do they not understand if anything goes wrong (accident), even if not their fault they speed is recorded?
That pat on the head they get from their sup makes it all worth it...

ManInBrown

I’m a few weeks in. Really struggling with the change of hours. The money is great. Working more OT now then I ever worked in package and I don’t even have to lift a finger for the most part.

Surprisingly I’ve actually lost weight. Being awake at weird hours when I wouldn’t normally eat is the reason.