Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Its called the bagel lot because a bagel manufacturing company was located there before it went bankrupt and Ups bought the property.

Great name for a history lesson, lousy name if you’re trying to find a trailer and you never been there before.
I believe it ,, we had a lot in Chema we used to call the Cornfield , guys would Like be,, the what !!

So why would we get that safety message about the. Bagel lot up here in Boston?? SMH ?? Lol

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I have a couple questions my union steward couldn’t quite answer and I haven’t had time to ask the HR(?) people at work.

First, I work at the CACH hub in Hodgkins, IL as a loader. After reading the current central contract, it says A PT’er can not bid into a full time position until they have 6 months seniority (I only have about 3 months), am I reading this correctly? I also can not bid into a full time position in the months of November & December correct?

Next question, which I guess would be more so opinions from you guys. I found a thread that pretty much answered most of my questions about CACH and the feeder position, but CACH is currently hiring feeder drivers from off the street. in the future(say next year), do y’all think this means CACH NEEDS drivers? Or are they just obligated to hire a couple temporary drivers off the street for peak season?

If it’s the latter, should I wait until next peak season(next year) to sign a bid sheet? (despite my username, I can actually deal with loading for another year or even 2 if needed lol)

Thanks
I would sign it and let HR tell you why you don't meet the requirements

P

pickup

I believe it ,, we had a lot in Chema we used to call the Cornfield , guys would Like be,, the what !!

So why would we get that safety message about the. Bagel lot up here in Boston?? SMH ?? Lol

The guy who sent the message might have set the receiving scope of his message too wide or they were trying to reach the Worcester guys because one of their guys a few months ago pulled out of the bagel lot and onto the street and hit the parked car of a supervisor.

ManInBrown

I can’t believe one of those supervisors that drives their personal car around Meadow hasn’t been crushed by a tractor. You can barely see the idiot that drives that white Miata around.

$see$gone

I signed the feeder intent sheet. Start training next week for CDL. I'm a package car driver now. Do I have 30 days to DQ if the job is not for me? My supervisor said once I get my CDL I'm stuck. I heard the OT cut is going into the feeders as well that's why so many drivers are being hired. How deep can they cut in feeders?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
You get a two week ride. They will determine if you can do it !!
Don’t worry about the o t. If you have seniority you’ll be fine ,,, concentrate on driving and passing first , not pk car ,, slow down pace your self. Good luck
Be safe

barnyard

KTM rider
I have a couple questions my union steward couldn’t quite answer and I haven’t had time to ask the HR(?) people at work.

First, I work at the CACH hub in Hodgkins, IL as a loader. After reading the current central contract, it says A PT’er can not bid into a full time position until they have 6 months seniority (I only have about 3 months), am I reading this correctly? I also can not bid into a full time position in the months of November & December correct?

Next question, which I guess would be more so opinions from you guys. I found a thread that pretty much answered most of my questions about CACH and the feeder position, but CACH is currently hiring feeder drivers from off the street. in the future(say next year), do y’all think this means CACH NEEDS drivers? Or are they just obligated to hire a couple temporary drivers off the street for peak season?

If it’s the latter, should I wait until next peak season(next year) to sign a bid sheet? (despite my username, I can actually deal with loading for another year or even 2 if needed lol)

Thanks

Sign the intent sheet. If there is not enough people with 6 months that sign, they might choose you.

I signed the feeder intent sheet. Start training next week for CDL. I'm a package car driver now. Do I have 30 days to DQ if the job is not for me? My supervisor said once I get my CDL I'm stuck. I heard the OT cut is going into the feeders as well that's why so many drivers are being hired. How deep can they cut in feeders?

I would be surprised if UPS were able to get feeders down to strictly 40 hour jobs. When I have been in the hubs, all the shifters say they can always get more hours either going to the railyard or doing CPUs.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I won't argue that, but it does take a while to get use to staying up all night. Especially all week.
I think that depends on the person as well. Switching to nights was pretty painless for me but some guys take longer and some never get used to it. My wife's a night owl too so it's easy to stick to the same schedule on the weekends. The guys who try to switch back to days on the weekends and then back to nights on Monday have it the worst.

ManInBrown

Here you have 30 days to try it out, but if you go back to package you have to pay them back the school money. I was told it was $2500.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Funny that’s what I do and I have no problems with it.

Me too. I work 11pm. Sun-Thur. I get off about 9 Friday morning. I usually lay down for a few hours in the afternoon, then have a normal Friday night. Normal night Saturday, then I usually only lay down about 4 or 5 on Sunday afternoon, for about 4 or 5 hours of sleep. That’s the only day I don’t get 8 hours of sleep. And that’s because I slept normal on Saturday night.