boxboy23

There’s an old timer I often greet when I run into him in the yard. Just a happy dude. He used to go out of his way to help me push dollies back to the pile even though I didn’t need the help. I hope to be him one day but I might just become like the rest of the grumpy old farts.

P

pickup

I think
I help all the noobies as the old guys once helped me.

I do as well but sometimes its hard when the other guy has a phone call going on in his ear.

Then again if he wasn’t distracted on the phone , he might have noticed that he put the blue and red glad hands on the wrong spots in the first place .

Indecisi0n

I think

I do as well but sometimes its hard when the other guy has a phone call going on in his ear.

Then again if he wasn’t distracted on the phone , he might have noticed that he put the blue and red glad hands on the wrong spots in the first place .
I tell all these news guys to forget the damn phone . One guy dropped a trailer just the other day while on phone. Idiot .

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I do notice majority of the drivers wear those Bluetooth headset. I often wonder who they’re on the phone with at 3 in the morning.

We have guys who I have never seen not talking to someone. I'm always jealous of how interesting their lives must be to be talking in the wash tunnel at 5AM.

ManInBrown

I’ve been a long time lurker and could not remember the username I’ve created a few years back. I’ve been in the Feeder department for roughly 4 months (rookie) and I can count with one hand of all the drivers that are actually very helpful and give out great advice. The rest of the seasoned drivers are either too good or too “cool” to acknowledge the new guys. Almost with a snobby-like attitude and a sense of entitlement. Complete opposite from when I worked packaged. I just keep to myself nowadays and call my on-road sup with any questions. Are all feeder department the same? :confused2:
Same here. 95% of the long time feeder drivers in my building walk around like they’re gods gift to earth. I never ask anyone for advice except the few drivers I’m friendly with.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
True and sometimes 6 drivers on a group call.

I can’t do it. The longer I am on the phone while driving the more I get tunnel vision.
We usually have a conference call going all night, people drop in and out. Nice to have someone to chat with if you're tired and struggling a little bit.

Indecisi0n

So I heard a sup telling a new guy that when it's really cold during winter to not use the trailer brakes when parked for extending periods of times because the brakes can lock up .I'd feel very uneasy about not setting both brakes and leaving the vehicle.