PreTrippin’

Arriving on the sin wagon.
Every area has there own Feeder work rules. In Local 104 we have no language allowing for any outside hires into the Feeder department under any circumstances. There is a RCPD Package to Feeder transfer list and now, by a Letter of Understanding, a Secondary List where part time and combos may put their name on. Any outside hire friend/T goes into a 22.4 position now which is not allowed to transfer though we had one get through and it's going through the grievance process.
I’m curious about this, could you clarify? Are you saying 22.4’s have to go RPCD before feeder? Can P/T’s go feeder on the secondary list before a 22.4? My steward got super irritated and looked at my like I was crazy when I asked about this.

SaladTosser

Kill me now
I’m curious about this, could you clarify? Are you saying 22.4’s have to go RPCD before feeder? Can P/T’s go feeder on the secondary list before a 22.4? My steward got super irritated and looked at my like I was crazy when I asked about this.
We have a few 22.4s converted to feeder in the last couple months. This is Southern California though

quad decade guy

Every area has there own Feeder work rules. In Local 104 we have no language allowing for any outside hires into the Feeder department under any circumstances. There is a RCPD Package to Feeder transfer list and now, by a Letter of Understanding, a Secondary List where part time and combos may put their name on. Any outside hire friend/T goes into a 22.4 position now which is not allowed to transfer though we had one get through and it's going through the grievance process.
Yep. But "by local agreement" CAN trump all. Can....

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
FT list goes first. 22.4’s are FT and therefor will be pulled before PT.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Ok interesting. So they can sign up on the primary feeder list? Im wondering if a new hire 22.4 would make it before a dirty hub rat part timer (me).
Yes, they will. If they have one day as a qualified full timer then they have more seniority than a 30 year part timer when it comes to bidding on full time jobs.

PreTrippin’

Arriving on the sin wagon.
Yes, they will. If they have one day as a qualified full timer then they have more seniority than a 30 year part timer when it comes to bidding on full time jobs.
Ok this is how I’ve always understood it as well. So then what did 104feeder mean when he said 22.4’s can’t transfer?

Ok this is how I’ve always understood it as well. So then what did 104feeder mean when he said 22.4’s can’t transfer?
As a 22.4 you can't get on the primary package-to-feeder transfer list, no different than any other combo job. If they post a secondary list, you will be able to get on that and you will have priority over part-time employees on the secondary list.