Johney

I was just about to say the same thing. It sounds like he’s traumatized by the glad hand incident.
Right, if a glad hand incident was considered an accident there’d be no feeder drivers left in our district. I can’t count how many I’ve had break especially the new ones made out of that crap cheap metal.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
With all respect......then technically what is it? Serious question. We had to wear browns. Had to meet every other aspect of being a UPS'er.

To me, it comes down to pkg guys working off the clock etc. What if you fall off the tractor and get really hurt.....workmen's comp recordable eligible? Serious question. What say you?

Even if your supplement doesn't provide pay for the non-productive week of training....

You are still a UPS employee and would be eligible for workers comp.

Smart guy like you should know this.

Cowboy Mac

Noise free areas
There’s one town I go through sometimes that you go down a big hill as you’re coming into town. They have a lowered speed limit sign halfway down the hill. Of course at the top of the hill is an engine braking prohibited sign.

I use the jakes anyways, I’m not going to come flying down a hill into a small town with my brakes smoking. It feels like they set it up that way to entrap truck drivers coming from the border.

Trucker Clock

There’s one town I go through sometimes that you go down a big hill as you’re coming into town. They have a lowered speed limit sign halfway down the hill. Of course at the top of the hill is an engine braking prohibited sign.

I use the jakes anyways, I’m not going to come flying down a hill into a small town with my brakes smoking. It feels like they set it up that way to entrap truck drivers coming from the border.

Ours aren’t that loud. You can barely hear ours.

Unlike some of these over the road trucks that you can hear from a mile away.

qdg2

Even if your supplement doesn't provide pay for the non-productive week of training....

You are still a UPS employee and would be eligible for workers comp.

Smart guy like you should know this.
Based on your words......A UPS employee is eligible for workers comp under any and all circumstances? Can you show me where? You infer the simple fact of being an employee makes it so. If off the clock working is eligible(in this circumstance), why wouldn't anything else? Please explain exactly why.

So, being a BUG.......why isn't it paid? Smart guy like you should know the exact answer and know this. Bet a lot of other folks would too.

A smart guy like me has never been on comp. And as much as everyone rips drivers for working off the clock here on BC.....fair question I'd think.

Based on your words: A pkg driver reloading his pkg car before on the clock, gets hurt. He is eligible for workers comp? In my experience...he would more likely be fired.