ManInBrown

I disagree with you 20 thousand percent. Shifting is the best. The old dude I trained with had a ac box in the middle at his feet and only had to go out the doors to the back for 30 seconds to connect the glad hands and electrical plug. No landing gear nonsense just press the up arrow and smack trailers on the wall.
By far the worst job in feeders. Let me see, go on the road and do 3-4CPUs and call it a day, or get moves jammed down my throat for 8 hours with a thousand cameras on every corner of the building watching you. “Why didn’t you hit complete? Are you done“ the only exception being if maybe there’s some small building that isn’t crazy and just needs a shifter and even then I wouldn’t do it. Maybe the last 2-3 years of my career. That’s it

robot

Has A Large Member
Shifting blows donkey dong. It’s hot as hell in them, time goes by slow as :censored2: and yard control will stack moves on you so you’re constantly on the go

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
burrhead is the MAN!
IMG_7840.gif

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
By far the worst job in feeders. Let me see, go on the road and do 3-4CPUs and call it a day, or get moves jammed down my throat for 8 hours with a thousand cameras on every corner of the building watching you. “Why didn’t you hit complete? Are you done“ the only exception being if maybe there’s some small building that isn’t crazy and just needs a shifter and even then I wouldn’t do it. Maybe the last 2-3 years of my career. That’s it

Shifting blows donkey dong. It’s hot as hell in them, time goes by slow as :censored2: and yard control will stack moves on you so you’re constantly on the go
It has its pros and cons. The top 24 full time shifters at my hub get driver rate and they aren’t governed by DOT so they can get as much or as little time as they want. The job is zero stress. No traffic, no detours, no construction, no d* head drivers. Also, and probably the biggest draw for some, no drug tests.

The cons, yard birds are hot as hell with only two fans blowing hot air in your face. This is a problem especially in Florida. It’s boring as hell being stuck in the yard all day. Constant supervision, there are cameras everywhere. And worst of all, you’re a friend* shifter.

I have NOT been lurking

Eat. Sleep. Work. Jork.
It has its pros and cons. The top 24 full time shifters at my hub get driver rate and they aren’t governed by DOT so they can get as much or as little time as they want. The job is zero stress. No traffic, no detours, no construction, no d* head drivers. Also, and probably the biggest draw for some, no drug tests.

The cons, yard birds are hot as hell with only two fans blowing hot air in your face. This is a problem especially in Florida. It’s boring as hell being stuck in the yard all day. Constant supervision, there are cameras everywhere. And worst of all, you’re a friend* shifter.
Frankin Park figured out the A/C solution:
The single axle Macks I trained on

Cementups

Box Monkey
I usually very much appreciate your opinion. I know this driver and he is not a runner. In fact, he often gets accused of stealing time and makes sure he stretches that job out. I think the video was concentrating on safety aspects and he “scooted” around traffic to show newer drivers the path of least resistance. It’s all good, you can say what you want about 676, jealousy is a strong emotion.
I personally loved the video. It helped me greatly getting into 43rd St last year my first and only time I've been there.

Cementups

Box Monkey
You lost me at "do 3-4 CPUs." No thanks. Id rather run to another center 4+ hours away and come back and go home. At least that's what I do when I'm stuck in a brown.

ManInBrown

You lost me at "do 3-4 CPUs." No thanks. Id rather run to another center 4+ hours away and come back and go home. At least that's what I do when I'm stuck in a brown.
We have a handful of those jobs that start early morning. You need 30 years for one of them. The rest of those jobs are 8:30pm and later start times.No thanks. I’ll do 3-4 CPU’s and be home at 8 every night.

ManInBrown

Yeah running CPU’s makes the day go by faster for me. You can relax and chill out while waiting on a customer. Being on the road you gotta concentrate for hours at a time
Also the time spent on the pallet dock cleaning the empty if you don’t work somewhere like WILPA where the pallet dock is fully staffed. Where I am we have a few good people on the pallet dock that are very helpful but we also clean the trailers. Finding empty, cleaning empty. Day flies doing CPU’s.

I‘ve covered the night runs that go far and even once or twice the morning ones. Hated the night ones, and didn’t even really care for the morning ones. Much rather stay local and do CPU’s. Now if you ask me midday start two CPU’s and then a rail or a night load somewhere, no. I’d rather do the far run. But thankfully I’m high enough up on the seniority list right now where 90% of the year I can start early enough to do only CPU jobs.