ManInBrown

Honestly, I don’t know why people go to Feeders to do that, looks like the hardest job in Feeders and the hottest. No air conditioning in those yard mules. 🤷‍♂️
It’s a lot of older drivers that don’t feel comfortable being on the road anymore. I get it, it makes sense. I could see myself finishing out the last few years of my career on a shift job. It’s also a lot of drivers that just want to 8 and skate. It’s very hard to 8 and skate in feeders if the job isn’t built for it, with every leg taking a few hours. Even just an CPU close by takes 90 minutes. Everything has to be timed just right.

PreTrippin’

Can’t even pretrip
Honestly, I don’t know why people go to Feeders to do that, looks like the hardest job in Feeders and the hottest. No air conditioning in those yard mules. 🤷‍♂️
I disagree with you 20 thousand percent. Shifting is the best. The old dude I trained with had a ac box in the middle at his feet and only had to go out the doors to the back for 30 seconds to connect the glad hands and electrical plug. No landing gear nonsense just press the up arrow and smack trailers on the wall.

PreTrippin’

Can’t even pretrip
1719106587289.gif

Johney

Pineapple King
I disagree with you 20 thousand percent. Shifting is the best. The old dude I trained with had a ac box in the middle at his feet and only had to go out the doors to the back for 30 seconds to connect the glad hands and electrical plug. No landing gear nonsense just press the up arrow and smack trailers on the wall.
Shifting wasn't like that in my building.

Johney

Pineapple King
Well that’s a cryin shame. Local 104 is apparently the wackest local according to ups1987 or whatever his name was but we seem to have some pretty good jobs so hmm 🤔
There were only two preload shifters in my building, they were responsible for inbounding trailers,opening the doors,telling drivers which door to put the trailer on. Kinda sucked the way the inbound doors were setup, sometimes you moved the same trailer two or three times depending how the irregs were loaded.

PreTrippin’

Can’t even pretrip
There were only two preload shifters in my building, they were responsible for inbounding trailers,opening the doors,telling drivers which door to put the trailer on. Kinda sucked the way the inbound doors were setup, sometimes you moved the same trailer two or three times depending how the irregs were loaded.
I was a preload shifter and it was cool but I made minimum wage at the time. There are full time shifters that make top rate in our local and that is the higher plane that one must be most excellent to achieve. Hours of service do not apply my friend.

Package Stick

"Send it."
I was a preload shifter and it was cool but I made minimum wage at the time. There are full time shifters that make top rate in our local and that is the higher plane that one must be most excellent to achieve. Hours of service do not apply my friend.
We have one that was a package rat for 20-22 years. The car was killing him (bad joints, etc).

He's the happiest man you've ever met.

Shifting trailers for 8 hours saved his income and body. I believe management "created" his bid from 2 PT shifters. I'd have to ask him the story again.

Works night and preload.

PreTrippin’

Can’t even pretrip
We have one that was a package rat for 20-22 years. The car was killing him (bad joints, etc).

He's the happiest man you've ever met.

Shifting trailers for 8 hours saved his income and body. I believe management "created" his bid from 2 PT shifters. I'd have to ask him the story again.

Works night and preload.
1719113165999.gif