Assault question

G475

We have a manager who is a big joker at my center, today I absent mindedly tapped his shoulder as he walked by. He kept walking, stopped and turned around and looked at me then after about 3 seconds he faked being hurt then kept walking. Nothing happened to me, I wasn't walked out or talked to and completed the day as normal and left.

I guess I came to my senses later on how petty UPS management can be and am wondering if they can pursue this for workplace violence or something dumb. I've survived here a few years already.

WorkingAsDirected

1597526227481.png

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
We have a manager who is a big joker at my center, today I absent mindedly tapped his shoulder as he walked by. He kept walking, stopped and turned around and looked at me then after about 3 seconds he faked being hurt then kept walking. Nothing happened to me, I wasn't walked out or talked to and completed the day as normal and left.

I guess I came to my senses later on how petty UPS management can be and am wondering if they can pursue this for workplace violence or something dumb. I've survived here a few years already.

You're fine. You can say anything to mgmt so long as there are no witnesses. This was just a tap on the shoulder, you are fine. He probably did what he did knowing you would be worried about it. :censored2: em.

quad decade guy

Ok. So, did you "hit" him? What does "absent mindedly" mean? And what does him being a "big joker" mean? Do you people go around punching each other, like in a football locker room? Serious question. I've been around for a long time. Many of the people I've seen terminated are for physical contact of some sort and of course the "sexual harassment" stuff(physical or not). NEVER DO THIS AGAIN.

quad decade guy

You're fine. You can say anything to mgmt so long as there are no witnesses. This was just a tap on the shoulder, you are fine. He probably did what he did knowing you would be worried about it. :censored2: em.

Fine? Maybe. I've seen plenty of people terminated on the single word of a victim(allegedly). And a witness? Uh, cameras? This is very bad advice.

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
Literally. They can fire you for not being in violation of anything. How well do you think that will hold up in arbitration? It won't. One of my shop stewards has been fired 5 times. My BA, before he became a BA, has been fired literally over 20 times. He was a steward and filed on everything so they targeted him. Dont back down. When you get fired, because it's always a matter of when and it happens to everyone including myself, :censored2:ING FILE.