At fault. Preventable.

SmithBarney

Not to brag (nothing really to brag about!), but I've had 3 non-preventables in my career. No blackmail, no relatives, and I am amazed too.

Not to brag(OK I'm bragging cause I can for now), but I've had Zero Preventable, Zero Unpreventable, and Zero Unreported in my career (apparently unreported accidents are a thing, since vehicle after vehicle keep getting mystery damage with no accidents reported)

!Retired!

Worked with a guy many years ago who did the same thing. Only to have the lady who hit him call the 1-800 number the next day and report it as she decided she now has some back/neck pain. Must have realized she could get a big payday after talking to friends about what happened. Since the courier didn't report the accident, he was knocked down to a PT handler in the station and couldn't drive again for 3 years.
Not reporting an accident is termination. That courier is either EXTREMELY lucky, or there's more to the story.

Oldfart

Not to brag(OK I'm bragging cause I can for now), but I've had Zero Preventable, Zero Unpreventable, and Zero Unreported in my career (apparently unreported accidents are a thing, since vehicle after vehicle keep getting mystery damage with no accidents reported)
That is great. How many years? I just got my 35 year award. Had a bender or 2 early on, none in a loooong time.

SmithBarney

That is great. How many years? I just got my 35 year award. Had a bender or 2 early on, none in a loooong time.
I'll just say more than 10 less than 23.. and my time of service matches my safe driving years.. ;) I'm proud but sure enough waiting for the day someone gets me..

outtatime

Not reporting an accident is termination. That courier is either EXTREMELY lucky, or there's more to the story.
He wasn't at fault and there was no damage to the truck so they both agreed to not involve the police or insurance. The other driver changed her mind once she realized she could get a payday from a huge company. The courier was well like by all so I'm assuming that is why he only got demoted to a handler.

Oldfart

He wasn't at fault and there was no damage to the truck so they both agreed to not involve the police or insurance. The other driver changed her mind once she realized she could get a payday from a huge company. The courier was well like by all so I'm assuming that is why he only got demoted to a handler.
That is not his call. You make contact with anything or anyone, your fault or not, damage or not, you contact a manager.

outtatime

That is not his call. You make contact with anything or anyone, your fault or not, damage or not, you contact a manager.
Yeah I think he learned his lesson. Not sure whatever happened to him after that as I transferred to a station closer to my house shortly after that.