At fault. Preventable.

Oldfart. Have you ever inquired about retiree insurance supplements ? I recently talked to a long time employee who retired, and was told they were grandfathered into some sort of long gone retiree supplement that adds up to around $1200 a year. They were salaried, so it may not pertain to us in the Over 40 club, hourly.

Oldfart

Oldfart. Have you ever inquired about retiree insurance supplements ? I recently talked to a long time employee who retired, and was told they were grandfathered into some sort of long gone retiree supplement that adds up to around $1200 a year. They were salaried, so it may not pertain to us in the Over 40 club, hourly.
Not aware of that. I have researched and talked to retired people and have never been told of that. I try to pick the brain of every person I know that retires so I can stay informed, I might have missed that plan. Right now, employee and spouse, medical, dental, vision is about $1175 a month. That is the CHOICE plan. PREMIER jumps up to over $1500 a month.

MassWineGuy

Driver was at stop light. Moved up two feet to check traffic coming from right. Stopped. Car from behind tapped her bumper.

I was once at a traffic circle (which I hate) when a young college woman ran into my rear bumper. I looked, saw no damage and wished her a goid day.

instiches

Never had something that obviously non-preventable classified as preventable but I did have a situation recently that I thought was strange.

Driver was traveling down a small street when another car, pulling out of an apartment complex, creeped into his lane thinking it was clear. My driver had no choice but to swerve to avoid hitting the car, and the only area of the street where he could turn was a parked car. My driver clipped the bumper of the parked car. This was documented by witnesses and a police report.

Safety said he should've just kept on going and hit the car that was pulling out and then it would have been non-preventable.

Oldfart

Never had something that obviously non-preventable classified as preventable but I did have a situation recently that I thought was strange.

Driver was traveling down a small street when another car, pulling out of an apartment complex, creeped into his lane thinking it was clear. My driver had no choice but to swerve to avoid hitting the car, and the only area of the street where he could turn was a parked car. My driver clipped the bumper of the parked car. This was documented by witnesses and a police report.

Safety said he should've just kept on going and hit the car that was pulling out and then it would have been non-preventable.
Unfortunately that is about correct. Hitting something to avoid another car sucks but unless you hit the car pulling in front of you, it's gonna be your wreck.

outtatime

I was once at a traffic circle (which I hate) when a young college woman ran into my rear bumper. I looked, saw no damage and wished her a goid day.
Worked with a guy many years ago who did the same thing. Only to have the lady who hit him call the 1-800 number the next day and report it as she decided she now has some back/neck pain. Must have realized she could get a big payday after talking to friends about what happened. Since the courier didn't report the accident, he was knocked down to a PT handler in the station and couldn't drive again for 3 years.

BootsOnTarmac

Just wondering if your allowed to put your own suction cup dash cam in your delivery vehicle? Dash cams are now pretty inexpensive and may just CYA in the unfortunate situation of a crash. Might be useful when your Employer, Insurance, or Police disagree with your version of events. Even if not allowed by your Employer, at least you have the evidence if you have to go to court.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just wondering if your allowed to put your own suction cup dash cam in your delivery vehicle? Dash cams are now pretty inexpensive and may just CYA in the unfortunate situation of a crash. Might be useful when your Employer, Insurance, or Police disagree with your version of events. Even if not allowed by your Employer, at least you have the evidence if you have to go to court.

If it were me I would at least run it by my supervisor before going out and buying one. While I do agree that dash cams can save our butts I also can see where they can come back to bite us on said butt.

dezguy

We've been told we're not allowed to use any recording devices or take photos of people/things while we're at work. Also, GPS suction cupped to the windshield would get you a suspension at my station (using GPS in general, whether suction cupped to the windshield or not is suspendable, according to our managers).

In the end, it probably varies from station to station, like everything else at FedEx. Probably best to inquire before doing it.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yeah, it's different at ground/HD.... a contractor has them on all his vehicles, front facing and rear towards the driver. It did save him a few incidents involving liar liar pedestrians and other drivers on the road trying to falsely accuse the driver.

I mounted a foreward facing dash cam myself & caught a few shenanigans... just gotta make a fake YouTube account and post them

Oldfart

I have had several incidents where another driver struck my van and there was no damage. You ALWAYS call a manager. In my instances, once I notified the manager that there was no damage, I got the other drivers name and info and went on my way. Did a write up back at the station and that was it. Not sure how other stations handle no damage incidents.

It will be fine

I have had several incidents where another driver struck my van and there was no damage. You ALWAYS call a manager. In my instances, once I notified the manager that there was no damage, I got the other drivers name and info and went on my way. Did a write up back at the station and that was it. Not sure how other stations handle no damage incidents.
Sounds standard to me. We give management the info, sometimes a Fedex insurance adjuster will call to follow up. It's always good to CYA and normally the other party understands that's all you're doing when you get their information.