At fault. Preventable.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Crazy enough to see that every unfavorable comment I make about your perfect little company places you on the verge of a nervous break down.

Yeah, you know I'm just quaking.

Next time you're scheduled to go to the Fedex Mind Control and Reeducation Academy , do yourself a favor.

What do you know about having a mind and an education?

Sounds to me like the place could use a disrupter like me.

You're a disruption in the sense that you make a lot of noise that is tolerated, not in the sense that you are blowing the lid off of something nefarious.

Oldfart

That was 16 years ago. Not sure where he went. The thing was instead of working for a company that he felt was going to screw him at every turn, he left.

The world is full of companies that will screw you at every turn. Good luck on finding one that won't. We are an employees that do a job that anyone with some common sense can do. Most have no college degree, if they did, they should have gotten a job and used that degree. We do grunt work and make a pretty decent living but we won't get rich. If you think you can do better elsewhere, maybe that is what you should so. I doubt conditions will get any better so if you are waiting on change for the better, you most likely will be disappointed.

Future

Victory Ride
The world is full of companies that will screw you at every turn. Good luck on finding one that won't. We are an employees that do a job that anyone with some common sense can do. Most have no college degree, if they did, they should have gotten a job and used that degree. We do grunt work and make a pretty decent living but we won't get rich. If you think you can do better elsewhere, maybe that is what you should so. I doubt conditions will get any better so if you are waiting on change for the better, you most likely will be disappointed.
A lot of flaws ..in your statement ....just sayin

bacha29

Yeah, you know I'm just quaking.

What do you know about having a mind and an education?

You're a disruption in the sense that you make a lot of noise that is tolerated, not in the sense that you are blowing the lid off of something nefarious.
Nefarious enough to bother you and make you uncomfortable. Look for some of you your employment with X may have been the single most positive event that has occurred during your lifetime. But, that wasn't always the case for everyone and in many cases it wasn't their fault. Yet it some cases it might have been. It all comes down to one inescapable fact. In whatever capacity a person served that company is was for the same purpose ........shareholder returns and anyone who believes that they existed for a higher purpose are only kidding themselves. And as many employees and contractors have noted as time goes by the quality of the daily work experience and compensation for services rendered will continue in it's current downward trajectory .

Oldfart

. Yet it some cases it might have been. It all comes down to one inescapable fact. In whatever capacity a person served that company is was for the same purpose ........shareholder returns and anyone who believes that they existed for a higher purpose are only kidding themselves. .

What person, no matter the company, is ignorant enough to think their job is nothing more than that very thing? Unless you play shortstop for the Yankees, everyone is replaceable, the company ran very well before you and will do the same after you and nobody cares when you leave. I am in it for the money. Being a low level employee and having an ego do not go well together. You are ignorant enough to think you made FDX and you were the best ever and the company suffered when you left. Nothing could be further from the truth.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Nefarious enough to bother you and make you uncomfortable.

Yes, I am very bothered and very uncomfortable. Very. You have no idea how much sleep I've lost.

In reality, you're like the guy in my old city who went to the city council meetings did the same thing you're doing here. He thought he was pulling the scabs off of wounds and holding truth to power and on and on and on. No one took him seriously, either.

Oldfart

Many have 4 yr college degrees ...many have some college and a military background ....
You said A LOT OF FLAWS. What others? I mentioned degrees. Few or many is just an expression when you are talking about 35,000 or more couriers. In my station, I would wager less than 20 of the 200 couriers have degrees. That is 10%. Might be more or less but not by much. If I had the discipline to get a degree, I sure wouldn't be jumping in and out of a van 110 times a day. Anyone that passed on a job with their degree to be a courier is crazy. You don't even need a degree to be a manager. If you spent the time and money to get a degree and didn't use it, was it worth it?

Ok, what other flaws?

bacha29

What person, no matter the company, is ignorant enough to think their job is nothing more than that very thing? Unless you play shortstop for the Yankees, everyone is replaceable, the company ran very well before you and will do the same after you and nobody cares when you leave. I am in it for the money. Being a low level employee and having an ego do not go well together. You are ignorant enough to think you made FDX and you were the best ever and the company suffered when you left. Nothing could be further from the truth.
You are describing yourself in perfect detail. You have a completely undeserved sense of self importance as it pertains to your position in that perfect little company while at the same time make slanderous disparaging and demeaning comments about people you don't even know while at the same time accusing the rest of us of being negative. LMAO.

Oldfart

You are describing yourself in perfect detail. You have a completely undeserved sense of self importance as it pertains to your position in that perfect little company while at the same time make slanderous disparaging and demeaning comments about people you don't even know while at the same time accusing the rest of us of being negative. LMAO.

Reading isnt your strong point. Where I have ever said I am important? I am just a dumb ole truck driver just like you and every one else. I will get a party and a nice plane model like everyone else when I retire and the company will continue on. You got a party because they no longer had a tool like you to contend with.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Geezus, bickering between you two... it's just petty

Didn't someone created a poo-flinging thread just for the two of you?

How many years before you hang the keys to the package car, oldfart? Don't wait too long to enjoy retirement. My parents died early in their 70s so not much fun after working in their fields ( navy/ nursing)

Oldfart

Geezus, bickering between you two... it's just petty

Didn't someone created a poo-flinging thread just for the two of you?

How many years before you hang the keys to the package car, oldfart? Don't wait too long to enjoy retirement. My parents died early in their 70s so not much fun after working in their fields ( navy/ nursing)

I should call it quits right after peak peak of 18. Depends on what the insurance for retired employees does as far as premiums.

Been leaving clueless bacha alone but it is too much fun getting him riled up.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
K, I see your points about the old philosophy of express psp and other things, but the new express doesn't seem too good for incoming couriers... it's all depending on the local stations though, just like anything else in a national company

I'm HD, but doing other things on the side (like being a landlord) because HD doesn't have that many bennies.

Wife's insurance coverage is way better than express as well, so there's no real reason to do a lateral move to become an Air driver...

Oldfart

K, I see your points about the old philosophy of express psp and other things, but the new express doesn't seem too good for incoming couriers... it's all depending on the local stations though, just like anything else in a national company

I'm HD, but doing other things on the side (like being a landlord) because HD doesn't have that many bennies.

Wife's insurance coverage is way better than express as well, so there's no real reason to do a lateral move to become an Air driver...
I would be gone now but don't want to pay the high insurance premiums while I wait to turn 65 a few years from now. My wife retired and we are both on my insurance.

McFeely

Huge Member
Amazingly I got a non-preventable last year. Basically parked and dude hit my truck where it was legally parked, etc. I was pissed/worried when it happened but the manager who wrote it up is (so far) still a good dude.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Amazingly I got a non-preventable last year. Basically parked and dude hit my truck where it was legally parked, etc. I was :censored2:/worried when it happened but the manager who wrote it up is (so far) still a good dude.
Not to brag (nothing really to brag about!), but I've had 3 non-preventables in my career. No blackmail, no relatives, and I am amazed too.