Austere Iraqi Mourners Storm Embassy

newfie

US-Iran news today: Rockets hit Iraq base where US troops are located - CNN

"Pentagon: Iran launches more than a dozen ballistic missiles at 2 Iraqi bases

The Pentagon confirmed that Iran launched missiles at US military and coalition forces in Iraq.

The Pentagon said Iran fired more than a dozen missiles.

"It is clear that these missiles were launched from Iran and targeted at least two Iraqi military bases hosting U.S. military and coalition personnel at Al-Assad and Irbil," Jonathan Hoffman, assistant to the Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs, said in a statement.

"We are working on initial battle damage assessments," he added.

The bases, he said, have been on high alert "due to indications that the Iranian regime planned to attack our forces and interests in the region."

"As we evaluate the situation and our response, we will take all necessary measures to protect and defend U.S. personnel, partners, and allies in the region," the Pentagon said."

they aimed over our heads. Wanted to show their people they were standing up to us without actually doing anything that got return fire

El Correcto

god is dead
What’s sad about this missile attack is you know they are sitting there :censored2:ting there pants. Even saying look we won’t do anything else promise.

Like what happen to all that war with Iran will be the mother of all wars tough guy talk? Now you’re gonna punch the guy next to Trump and basically apologize for it??

Trump should put these guys out of their misery tomorrow.

bbsam

Staff member
What’s sad about this missile attack is you know they are sitting there :censored2:ting there pants. Even saying look we won’t do anything else promise.

Like what happen to all that war with Iran will be the mother of all wars tough guy talk? Now you’re gonna punch the guy next to Trump and basically apologize for it??

Trump should put these guys out of their misery tomorrow.
If I were an Iranian terrorist, I’d let this be a “show of force” for all to see and quietly go on planning a more diabolical and significant attack. I mean it’s not like the loss of a single general is going to make them change in any significant way. Is Iran giving themselves an out or Trump?

Serf

Because Trump is an idiot, along with wanting to distract everyone from his impeachment.
Bill Clinton bombing Kosovo was also speculated to be done as a distraction from impeachment. IMHO it doesn't matter. American Hyper Aggressive Foreign Policy is the playbook of choice. As much as I disagree with it.

Serf

Just my 2 cents: I did say I felt bad for the Iraqis, because any retaliation or further escalation of force would most likely be done on Iraqi Soil.
And God Help us if Iran has sleeper cells in the US planning some other type of attack. I want peace. No more sandlot wars.

Box Ox

On other news a Boeing 737-800 crashed as it was taking off from Tehran.
Flight 752 , bound for Ukrainian capital of Kiev , with 180 aboard .
The plane belonged to Ukrainian Airlines.
Emergency services said the fire at the crash site was so intense that they had to halt rescue efforts.

Just heard on the radio that it was a 3 year old plane that had been purchased directly from Boeing. Last scheduled maintenance 2 days ago.

vantexan

Bill Clinton bombing Kosovo was also speculated to be done as a distraction from impeachment. IMHO it doesn't matter. American Hyper Aggressive Foreign Policy is the playbook of choice. As much as I disagree with it.
But wasn't it bombing Serbia to save Kosovo from a genocide of Muslims? He may have had ulterior motives but ultimately it saved the lives of hundreds of thousands.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Just my 2 cents: I did say I felt bad for the Iraqis, because any retaliation or further escalation of force would most likely be done on Iraqi Soil.
And God Help us if Iran has sleeper cells in the US planning some other type of attack. I want peace. No more sandlot wars.
Good luck.

Serf

But wasn't it bombing Serbia to save Kosovo from a genocide of Muslims? He may have had ulterior motives but ultimately it saved the lives of hundreds of thousands.
That's how they shaped it. But its been a nest for terrorists ever since. RIP Slobodan Praljak.

Box Ox

Trump’s speech about the Iran situation today. If he does more of this and less of the petty Twitter / personal attack stuff he’ll win in a landslide in November.