Austere Iraqi Mourners Storm Embassy

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Democrats are upset about everything these days anyway. I can’t turn on NPR or CNN anymore without immediately hearing about the bad white man or why there aren’t enough black people, illegal immigrants or chicks with dicks crammed into x, y or z.
You can add ESPN after all these NFL teams hiring all these white head coaches.

bbsam

Staff member
He’s just trying to look cooperative since he’s got a book coming out about his time in the Administration and knows Mitch would never subpoena him.

Let’s see if he feels the same way about being subpoenaed by House Democrats.

Highly doubtful any private NDAs about one’s time as a public employee are enforceable.

The Europeans were still in the Agreement and will now be pressured to place their own sanctions on Iran for its violation.
I think you underestimate Bolton’s ego. Trump kept Rudy and let Bolton go. Let that sink in. Rudy. Giuliani.

newfie

If I were an Iranian terrorist, I’d let this be a “show of force” for all to see and quietly go on planning a more diabolical and significant attack. I mean it’s not like the loss of a single general is going to make them change in any significant way. Is Iran giving themselves an out or Trump?
You can't dismis a theocracy losing their number 2. Number one is the Ayatollah. That means Suleimani is basically running everything

bbsam

Staff member
You can't dismis a theocracy losing their number 2. Number one is the Ayatollah. That means Suleimani is basically running everything
The US has been killing terrorists for decades. They haven’t gone away. Somebody else always becomes the #1 or #2 guy running things. So actually, we can dismiss it because the effect it has is minimal and temporary.

Makes for political headlines though.

newfie

Last night I was concerned that Trump was going to start an all out war. Nope. And this is what he presented us with today. Think the American voter can appreciate that he chose not to. And that he re-articulated why Soleimani was killed and invited Iran to embrace peace.

So on CNN yesterday they're selling WWIII ,o Fox I actually heard predictions that Iran would respond but do so in away to avoid an escalation.
Why would anyone in a position of responsibility sell the worst case scenario and get the public unnecessarily worried. We've only been going through these antics with Iran for 40 years.

oldngray

nowhere special
8a4458.jpg

newfie

I think you underestimate Bolton’s ego. Trump kept Rudy and let Bolton go. Let that sink in. Rudy. Giuliani.

Sounds like you're praying for a John Dean and clouding your judgement. The president still has executive privledge on any and all coversations Bolton had with him.

It will be fine

So on CNN yesterday they're selling WWIII ,o Fox I actually heard predictions that Iran would respond but do so in away to avoid an escalation.
Why would anyone in a position of responsibility sell the worst case scenario and get the public unnecessarily worried. We've only been going through these antics with Iran for 40 years.
The best quote I heard today was, “it takes 2 crazy leaders to start a war, thankfully Iran doesn’t have one.”

newfie

The US has been killing terrorists for decades. They haven’t gone away. Somebody else always becomes the #1 or #2 guy running things. So actually, we can dismiss it because the effect it has is minimal and temporary.

Makes for political headlines though.

Terrorists should be killed and this one should have been killed 10 years ago. Sorry your fan club lost its principle. Now that your side is getting it's ass kicked you might want to consider becoming an American.

bbsam

Staff member
Terrorists should be killed and this one should have been killed 10 years ago. Sorry your fan club lost its principle. Now that your side is getting it's ass kicked you might want to consider becoming an American.
That’s just pathetic of you.

There is nothing unAmerican about having an objective and big picture view of the events. You should be ashamed of such asinine comments. You probably aren’t though.

bbsam

Staff member
Sounds like you're praying for a John Dean and clouding your judgement. The president still has executive privledge on any and all coversations Bolton had with him.
No. He really doesn’t. He likes to claim it but the courts will likely decide differently.

newfie

That’s just pathetic of you.

There is nothing unAmerican about having an objective and big picture view of the events. You should be ashamed of such asinine comments. You probably aren’t though.
When the :censored2: hits the fan and we kill a person who killed 600 Americans during a conflict that was not even his you're either an American or a traitor.