Beer

over9five

Staff member
I looked at the beer store in my town. The carry a couple hundred kinds. Sadly, none.
Nope, none of it here either.

Hey ovah , most people on here probably do not know what a 'packy' is . . . . just your Mass brothers.

...or those of us who used to live there....I know all too well what a 'packy' is:wink2:...
Yup, only us Mass-holes and former Mass-holes know that one.

We know already......even on the left coast!!
You learned it here!

menotyou

bella amicizia

Looks like the closest place to me that sells it is in New York. I'll have to get some next time I make a road trip for yuengling.
If you make it any where near Syracuse, stop at Empire Brewing. Ask for Tim, the master brewer. Tell him Trish sent you. He will hook you up with some fantastic craft brew.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Wife came home yesterday with a bunch of "fancy" beers she bought at trader joes. A few different kinds from brewery ommegang. I've never popped a cork to have a beer. I guess the Heineken I picked up wasn't good enough???
It's brewed in Cooperstown, so I guess it's got to be good.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Troegs in Hersey Pa. announced the comming of Full Moon Ferkins
Full Moon Firkin: Phase 5 Well folks, it appears that the Mayans were full of it. Yes indeed, the planet is still intact, so what better way to celebrate than with a few firkins of our Doomsday beer? We will tap the first firkin of ¿Impending Descent? at 3 p.m. on Friday, December 28. We’ve doused this already outlandish beer with even more goodies to intensify the flavor profile – vanilla beans, Mexican cinnamon, and a fruit blend of cherries and raisins prepared especially by our chef. Don’t wait for another Mayan faux pas. The earth survived… and so did the moon!
Love the full moon, love the firkin!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Troegs in Hersey Pa. announced the comming of Full Moon Ferkins
Full Moon Firkin: Phase 5 Well folks, it appears that the Mayans were full of it. Yes indeed, the planet is still intact, so what better way to celebrate than with a few firkins of our Doomsday beer? We will tap the first firkin of ¿Impending Descent? at 3 p.m. on Friday, December 28. We’ve doused this already outlandish beer with even more goodies to intensify the flavor profile – vanilla beans, Mexican cinnamon, and a fruit blend of cherries and raisins prepared especially by our chef. Don’t wait for another Mayan faux pas. The earth survived… and so did the moon!
Love the full moon, love the firkin!

Troegs puts out some very good beers ... I think I will pass on this one.

menotyou

bella amicizia
148655_404791872928526_1259591909_n.jpg
148655_404791872928526_1259591909_n.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The latest offering on hand at the Stewie homestead

I wish I could get the "Mad Elf Ale" here in Atlanta but I have not been able to find so far.
I received 4 22oz bottles of SweetWater Festive Ale and tried one.
It is rated similar to Mad Elf but a bit darker and malty.
Good stuff.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I am enjoying a Mad Elf now as I type, had a 5 1/2 drive back from Boston overnight to beat the snow. The fire place (stove ) is lit the Christmas tree is lighted and I am not doing anything today put maybe picking up pizza.With a couple of these that have an 11% alc. content a nap may be in order LOL.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
growler.jpgAs of late in the local area Growler filling stations are starting to pop up .A large refillable vessel 32-64 that keeps your micro brew good for up to 2 weeks ( like it would last that long) They even have an App for what's on tap and what is on deck.
growler.jpg