Being sent to a different center to work.

Tortuga

I AM THE MiLKMAN
The moment you're told you're on the clock. Also are they following seniority? Is anyone below you not being sent?
I don’t see any of the guys lower in seniority coming here. I know there’s a couple of lower seniority drivers that still have their own routes while I’m being thrown into a different route everyday. Which I didn’t mind, I just hate being sent to a different building.

542thruNthru

I don’t see any of the guys lower in seniority coming here. I know there’s a couple of lower seniority drivers that still have their own routes while I’m being thrown into a different route everyday. Which I didn’t mind, I just hate being sent to a different building.
Wait.. 22.4s in your building have their own routes?

BrownStains

I'm gonna beat the dead horse one more time and then I'll shut up on the subject.
First of the year we got a new sup. His first PCM he said he was going to make changes to make the center more efficient.
Second week I get in, and after the PCM, he walked up to me and said, "I broke your route out, you can go home". I was in the top 10 of 40 plus drivers. I went and sat in the managers office. Manager came in and asked what I was doing? Waiting for instructions for my guaranteed eight. Didn't the new guy offer you work in another center? I worked in a major hub, we had 8 or 10 centers and 400 drivers. Nope, he just told me to go home. Manager offered me 4 hours to run two big bulk stops in rentals. OK
Third week new guy said I broke your route out again, you can go home. Went and sat in managers office. He got someone to go home and I ran that route. When I got in that evening the manager asked if they broke my route out again the next week, would I be interested in going to BWI and getting the EAM's, running them, and a few splits, for eight hours. Sure. That was kind of fun and I thought it might be an easy change. First week I did that, one of the drivers they gave one of my splits to, called in and said he couldn't do it. My route was an all Resi route with 200-220 stops and maybe 250 QVC packages. Lot of running, but easy. I had worked through lunch to get back in and off the clock as I agreed to, and they sent me back out to get 50 stops of my own split back. That went on every Monday till vacations started to kick in. That's when he put me on the stiff's route the first time. Above, I said I knew the route, and liked the people on it. I never said I liked the route. It was a heavy industrial route and killed my knees. Above I also said I started bumping the guy under me and on down the line, and I picked guys on vacation, so I actually bumped senior cover drivers that knew the routes also. I never dogged some poor rookie. So, I bumped 3 cover drivers, one day a week, for three weeks. Then I went on vacation myself. Came back and every thing was back to normal.

And, In the first post, I said I was wrong! How many people do you know at UPS that admit when THEY are wrong, Joe.
I don’t think you were wrong . When I went over to another center 2 years ago I didn’t have a route and they had drivers with less seniority than me that did. I was able to bump them from their routes to work. Seniority prevails. They had pulled similar to another guy here that was slightly above me. He had a route he brought over, they tried to cut it . Eventually he got pissed and got the union involved . They never cut the route again. But, he had the ability to bump less seniority drivers off too. If it was me though, I would’ve just sat on Monday as long as they weren’t asking me for Saturday . I’m alright with 4 days.

Last edited:

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
So this happened back when I was a 22.4 ft combo driver...

Not to be confused with 224 Mafia.

They sent me.

I got there and they immediately regretted the decision.

They assumed I was going to be a designated helper..

Nah

I took the driver seat, control of the diad and put buddy in the jump seat.

He texted his bosses the whole day.

I was never asked to return.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
So this happened back when I was a 22.4 ft combo driver...

Not to be confused with 224 Mafia.

They sent me.

I got there and they immediately regretted the decision.

They assumed I was going to be a designated helper..

Nah

I took the driver seat, control of the diad and put buddy in the jump seat.

He texted his bosses the whole day.

I was never asked to return.
1608913100749.gif