Bin Laden

bbsam

Staff member
Already 80 dead in retaliation for OBLs killing. No doubt just the beginning. Was it worth it?

Wow, over. Have you become a real lefty on war all of a sudden? Everything bin Laden and Al-Queda has done has been in retaliation for a wrong or perceived wrong done to them. So really, if we broaden the scope of the discussion, we should probably ask, "Has the war on terror all been worth it?" There have been alot of innocents killed in Iraq and Afghanistan due to the war on terror. In fact, I wonder if this is the first time you've showed concern for the victims of terrorist attacks other than our own. Or is this an extension of your distaste for the president?

Really all taking out bin laden did was put someone else in charge, if it had not happened they were going to go on killing anyway. We could pull out every single troop, apologize for doing wrong to them , drop loads of money on them and they would still hate us and want us dead.

bbsam

Staff member
Really all taking out bin laden did was put someone else in charge, if it had not happened they were going to go on killing anyway. We could pull out every single troop, apologize for doing wrong to them , drop loads of money on them and they would still hate us and want us dead.

Probably did more than that. Picked up alot of intelligence and shook up the Pakistani government. I agree they'd go on killing, but Pakistan is now in a position where they will be a far more engaged and focused ally first to save face and second to keep the aid money coming...not necessarily in that order.

Probably did more than that. Picked up alot of intelligence and shook up the Pakistani government. I agree they'd go on killing, but Pakistan is now in a position where they will be a far more engaged and focused ally first to save face and second to keep the aid money coming...not necessarily in that order.
I was just commenting on the fact that with bin laden dead or alive, the killing was going to continue. We can only hope that the intel will helps us. I wasn't poo pooing the importance of the info gathered.

over9five

Staff member
I have a feeling Pakistan will get the aid money no matter what side of the war on terror they're on. We have to protect their nukes, you know.

over9five

Staff member
Wow, over. Have you become a real lefty on war all of a sudden?

Yeah, maybe.... I'm sick of throwing away money we don't have on this useless war. I now agree with candidate Obama.....
President Obama imho, has now greatly increased the hate of America. When will this war-monger President get our people out???

bbsam

Staff member
Yeah, maybe.... I'm sick of throwing away money we don't have on this useless war. I now agree with candidate Obama.....
President Obama imho, has now greatly increased the hate of America. When will this war-monger President get our people out???

Could you please post what "candidate" Obama said that you now think you agree with? As I stated earlier, I think he's been completey consistent on Afghanistan and Pakistan.

wkmac

Become a lefty? Maybe you've become an old righty?

But then what we call left today and what the old left was is also different so being called a lefty in that tradition (the latter) ain't a bad thing either.

moreluck

golden ticket member
There have been signs in the Mojave desert reading "Ron Paul for President" since '88 (I think). It's in a place that reminds me of the movie, "The Hills Have Eyes".

wkmac

So much is asked and rightly so about just how much the Pakistani gov't knew in regards to Bin Laden but after reading this Yahoo News piece, I'm left to ask the same questions of our own CIA, Intelligence & Defense Community and even the White House itself!