Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

Over70irregs

We're about 2K USD away from Tesla to be underwater on their crypto purchases.
5K USD away from MicroStrategy away from being in the red.
Square bought in at 27K, so they've got some runway still.

If a couple companies get weak hands and sell off, that's gonna make some sensational headlines, and it'll make it crash way harder.

I'm not sure how it'll work for these different companies, but I'm sure a lot of investors and board members are probably gonna be pressuring them to get out of the crypto game right about now.
Yeah. It’s getting nervous. Must be time for good old proof of war to rear its head.

wilberforce15

You think so?

Look at the growth charts for Bitcoins transactions per day.
There's roughly 250,000 transactions a day.

Visa and mastercard do over 100,000,000 per day.

Up until recently, bitcoin had a far bigger market cap than both of those combined.

It would have to scale 400X to get to the point they are at.
And the number of transactions are shrinking, not growing, year over year.

Dude, I just don't see it.
Btc's value isn't driven by transactions. Almost nobody buys it for that purpose.

Over70irregs

I dollar cost avg but everyone is their own decider. I refuse to be reliant on Cola, August raises, 50-60 hr weeks, Sat driving, pension heavy in debasing bonds.

wilberforce15

I guess I may be a dinosaur here.

I was an earlier adopter, and I guess maybe I took the Bitcoin whitepaper too much to heart.
This isn't what it was supposed to be.
ETH isn't particularly good at it either, and it's used for 5x as many transactions at bitcoin, at least.

Every currency has its niche or role. Bitcoin has been far surpassed on a lot of functions. Bitcoin will still be the center of the cryptoverse for a while.

Over70irregs

I guess I may be a dinosaur here.

I was an earlier adopter, and I guess maybe I took the Bitcoin whitepaper too much to heart.
This isn't what it was supposed to be.
Zoom out know what you hold. The network is the value. It cannot be stopped. This is stall season. We know too much. Notice the alts are not for currency. No debasement. No printing.

rod

Retired 23 years
Who still carries around change?
I find the only ones who constantly carry around change are usually the ladies in front of me at any checkout who think they are doing the place a favor by spending five friggin minutes digging in the bottom of their friggin purse for the exact change. MOVE ON LADY

oldngray

nowhere special
I find the only ones who constantly carry around change are usually the ladies in front of me at any checkout who think they are doing the place a favor by spending five friggin minutes digging in the bottom of their friggin purse for the exact change. MOVE ON LADY
I usually have the ones who pay by check who wait until the cashier finishes to start looking for their checkbook. Then for a pen. Then for glasses. Then how much was it again?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Literally my face right now.

20220122_182239.jpg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Literally my face right now.

View attachment 369109
If it had doubled would it have changed your life?
If not, then it halving probably didn't either.
Hold for the long term.

Price movement literally has zero effect on the trajectory of origin trail's project. They're testing V6, and adding advisors and partnerships, same as they were a week ago. They made it through the last bear market, they'll make it through this one.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If it had doubled would it have changed your life?
If not, then it halving probably didn't either.
Hold for the long term.

Price movement literally has zero effect on the trajectory of origin trail's project. They're testing V6, and adding advisors and partnerships, same as they were a week ago. They made it through the last bear market, they'll make it through this one.
Wish I knew about it last bear market $.005 I’d have cashed out a chunk at $5 though because it would have changed my life