Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

Over70irregs

I see words and numbers
I see 💀 people or bodies floating to the top
1720287329544.png

Thebrownblob

I feel a bitcoin as an interesting idea, but way too unstable, And complicated to the majority of investors. Perhaps that will change but currently I approach with much caution.

Don’t misunderstand this for love of our current fiat system. But it’s what we have.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
I feel a bitcoin as an interesting idea, but way too unstable, And complicated to the majority of investors. Perhaps that will change but currently I approach with much caution.

Don’t misunderstand this for love of our current fiat system. But it’s what we have.
Agreed. It’s actually very simple though. Especially if you just buy and hold long term. And there isn’t much to it otherwise.

And unstable isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as it’s an upward trend long term. It’s the short term day trader types that get rekt. Them and people that jump in with no real time preference in mind. That and ignorance are a bad combo for any investment.

Some investors seem to approach crypto like gamblers do.

Have you ever known a gambler to admit his losses?
They'll talk about their wins plenty, though.
Time…..not timing right? He’s just optimistic about buying the dips like any other confident investor. Where some people see a chance to bail or talk smack. Others see a sale. Hell, I cranked up my 401k contributions during the recession and again during Bidenomics. And I definitely smash buy these BTC dips. Hopefully it all pays off when I move on from this failing company.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Agreed. It’s actually very simple though. Especially if you just buy and hold long term. And there isn’t much to it otherwise.

And unstable isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as it’s an upward trend long term. It’s the short term day trader types that get rekt. Them and people that jump in with no real time preference in mind. That and ignorance are a bad combo for any investment.

Time…..not timing right? He’s just optimistic about buying the dips like any other confident investor. Where some people see a chance to bail or talk smack. Others see a sale. Hell, I cranked up my 401k contributions during the recession and again during Bidenomics. And I definitely smash buy these BTC dips. Hopefully it all pays off when I move on from this failing company.
As I said.

Talk a big game about the wins, and pretend the losses never happened.

Im curious how you would have handled 2017-2018.

Everyone’s an investing genius when the market is heading to the moon.

as someone who understands the downsides of fiat, you should know any price fluctuation is just what happens at certain market caps

like I sell my gold pesos but gold price never notices because hey I'm just a little nobody trading a small piece of a huge market

as Bitcoin becomes more desirable for its unique features, the demand increases, supply tightens, price will skyrocket then stabilize as little nobodies trade a small piece of a huge market

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
As I said.

Talk a big game about the wins, and pretend the losses never happened.

Im curious how you would have handled 2017-2018.

Everyone’s an investing genius when the market is heading to the moon.
You are responding to a comment that wasn't made. I haven't bragged about a recent win because, as it's been pointed out, BTC has been down (again) for about a month. And no one is denying losses. Because they weren't losses for everyone. All I'm saying, and I think over70 is too but in his own way, is that dips are sales instead of losses.

I was not interested in Bitcoin in 2017-2018. But had I knew then (fundamentally) what I know now I would have thrown a chunk of my fiat savings into it, self custody those sats, and continued to DCA all the way up to now. And would keep going regardless of what all paper hands and naysayers do and think. Only day trading crypto bois and newbs who don't have a clue whats going on cry about losses. Pompous asses brag about incremental gains. Thats not me.

Last edited:

Over70irregs

What we have is countries leaving and telling you ahead of time. Which makes it even more embarrassing. We know your not bailing. Not you guys. You cannot unsee it. Wish it dropped further but they won’t let it. Their greed gives them away. 🔐 in.
1720332009588.jpeg