Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
That picture is an example. For entertainment purposes only. (Who would put their phrases out like that…sheesh)
On initial setup, most hardware wallets will let you reset those words before they are a done deal. “Sheesh.”

Ive seen plenty of videos where people reset them off camera but after letting people see the initial words just so they get a feel for how it all works. If you had one I was interested in knowing how you like it since I’m interested in replacing my current wallet. I wasn’t sure what bonds and your 401k has to do with that. But ok. 🤷‍♂️

Over70irregs

On initial setup, most hardware wallets will let you reset those words before they are a done deal. “Sheesh.”

Ive seen plenty of videos where people reset them off camera but after letting people see the initial words just so they get a feel for how it all works. If you had one I was interested in knowing how you like it since I’m interested in replacing my current wallet. I wasn’t sure what bonds and your 401k has to do with that. But ok. 🤷‍♂️
Here is holy grail for those who are ready to travel down deeper..

Eventually the base layer becomes as unto solid bedrock. This is where altcoins or testnet functionality gets added or copied in 2nd level or higher.

Last edited:

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
Here is holy grail for those who are ready to travel down deeper..

Eventually the base layer becomes as unto solid bedrock. This is where altcoins or testnet functionality gets added or copied in 2nd level or higher.
I had recently learned of the potential problems of having too many UTXOs in a wallet. Particularly smaller transactions. I’m not looking to spend my BTC but I wanted to consolidate sooner than later. I attempted that last week and forgot to chose a higher fee (manually, the defaults are too low) so the miners won’t even touch it. I also forgot to chose RBF so I’ll have to rebroadcast at a higher fee or wait until it’s “cancelled” and try again.

During all this is where I learned that some hardware wallets are much better than others when it comes to UTXO management. And I’ll be using Sparrow next time anlong with whatever hardware I switch to. And I’ll never self custody under 0.01 again. I had heard that advice many times but didn’t listen. Lesson learned.

Last edited:

Over70irregs

I had recently learned of the potential problems of having too many UTXOs in a wallet. Particularly smaller transactions. I’m not looking to spend my BTC but I wanted to consolidate sooner than later. I attempted that last week and forgot to chose a higher fee (manually, the defaults are too low) so the miners won’t even touch it. I also forgot to chose RBF so I’ll have to rebroadcast at a higher fee or wait until it’s “cancelled” and try again.

During all this is where I learned that some hardware wallets are much better than others when it comes to UTXO management. And I’ll be using Sparrow next time anlong with whatever hardware I switch to. And I’ll never self custody under 0.01 again. I had heard that advice many times but didn’t listen. Lesson learned.
In future I guess it will be a petrified base layer. Like something else is guiding it for the future. Oh well.