By Invitation Only

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Wasn't Sears the one that used to send out that big toy catalog every Christmas?

Hated Sears when I was a kid
Had to go there every year in grade school right before school started in the fall
To buy there crappy Roebuck jeans. Had to get them about 4 inches to long and roll a giant cuff on them so I could "grow into them"
WTF I'm not gonna grow 4 inches buy Christmas

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Had to go there every year in grade school right before school started in the fall
To buy there crappy Roebuck jeans. Had to get them about 4 inches to long and roll a giant cuff on them so I could "grow into them"
But the Wish Book was the best! We didn't even celebrate Christmas and were dirt poor, but I could dream that I might get some of those toys.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Ungrateful brat. Lol. I was very happy when I got new clothes. Didn't happen very often. I usually got hand me downs.

oldngray

nowhere special
I always liked Penney's better than Sears. There were plenty of loyal Sears Suckers around though.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Ungrateful brat. Lol. I was very happy when I got new clothes. Didn't happen very often. I usually got hand me downs.
Hand me downs til I was 18. I actually think I brought back bell bottoms in the early nineties, had two pair from my uncle, he graduated in '77, they wore Roger Daltrey style....

IMG_1128.JPG

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Hand me downs til I was 18. I actually think I brought back bell bottoms in the early nineties, had two pair from my uncle, he graduated in '77, they wore Roger Daltrey style....
My grandmother sewed at the Blue Bell factory in Greensboro, NC most of her adult life and she would buy rejects for us, cheap. That was usually how we got our new clothes.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

View attachment 126340

My grandmother sewed at the Blue Bell factory in Greensboro, NC most of her adult life and she would buy rejects for us, cheap. That was usually how we got our new clothes.

Up until my mom passed away, she ran the rummage sales at her church.

You wouldn't believe the stuff she found.

It was kind of embarrassing back when we were in school, but we still have some real treasures people got rid of.

oldngray

nowhere special
Up until my mom passed away, she ran the rummage sales at her church.

You wouldn't believe the stuff she found.

It was kind of embarrassing back when we were in school, but we still have some real treasures people got rid of.

I used to go to thrift shops. You can get real bargains there.

It didn't embarrass me a bit.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Hated clothes shopping. Not because of me. I found a pair of jeans that fit said get 3-4 different colors and let's go home.

My brother on the other hand made shopping miserable. One Easter we had to travel to 4 different towns to get his outfit.