By Invitation Only

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That sucks

....and is completely unnecessary....

When it became apparent that our father was going to need care that we were either unable (or unwilling) to provide, I went online and Googled "protecting assets from Medicaid". You would be amazed at the number of hits that I got. Chose one, order their program, followed it and was able to set aside nearly $100K in assets. He went in to the home with basically the shirt on his back.

oldngray

nowhere special
My Mom was able to avoid a nursing home even though her health was failing. She had a home care nurse to stop by daily and take care of her and Meals on Wheels. She didn't have any money and my sister bought her house and "rented" it to her so she could remain in her own home. She was retired Civil Service so had better insurance than most.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think that is cool... had a feeling it was like that with u
image.gif

Future

Victory Ride
My Mom was able to avoid a nursing home even though her health was failing. She had a home care nurse to stop by daily and take care of her and Meals on Wheels. She didn't have any money and my sister bought her house and "rented" it to her so she could remain in her own home. She was retired Civil Service so had better insurance than most.
My Mom also....she made it 2 City Hall for the Board of Education b4 her retirement