By Invitation Only

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Oregonians freaking out over law that requires some of them to pump their own gas

Here are some of the, um, more concerned responses, and they're all quite serious:

♦ "Not a good idea, there are lots of reason to have an attendant helping, one is they need a job too. Many people are not capable of knowing how to pump gas and the hazards of not doing it correctly. Besides I don't want to go to work smelling of gas when I get it on my hands or clothes. I agree Very bad idea."

♦ "I don't even know HOW to pump gas and I am 62, native Oregonian.....I say NO THANKS! I don't want to smell like gasoline!"

♦ "I've lived in this state all my life and I REFUSE to pump my own gas. I had to do it once in California while visiting my brother and almost died doing it. This a service only qualified people should perform. I will literally park at the pump and wait until someone pumps my gas. I can't even"

So, to recap: Pumping your own gas is too difficult. It's too hazardous. It's too unsafe. And, heaven forbid, you might end up smelling like gasoline afterward.

To be fair, these Oregonians have a point: Pumping gas is a pretty difficult task, right up there with scraping your windshield and turning the heat on. And the fear of smelling like fuel is all too real when there isn't enough time in the day to shower.

SMH
I had to do it once in California and almost died.

Well evolution is trying to do its job. Maybe pump it a few more times and finish the job

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Oregonians freaking out over law that requires some of them to pump their own gas

Here are some of the, um, more concerned responses, and they're all quite serious:

♦ "Not a good idea, there are lots of reason to have an attendant helping, one is they need a job too. Many people are not capable of knowing how to pump gas and the hazards of not doing it correctly. Besides I don't want to go to work smelling of gas when I get it on my hands or clothes. I agree Very bad idea."

♦ "I don't even know HOW to pump gas and I am 62, native Oregonian.....I say NO THANKS! I don't want to smell like gasoline!"

♦ "I've lived in this state all my life and I REFUSE to pump my own gas. I had to do it once in California while visiting my brother and almost died doing it. This a service only qualified people should perform. I will literally park at the pump and wait until someone pumps my gas. I can't even"

So, to recap: Pumping your own gas is too difficult. It's too hazardous. It's too unsafe. And, heaven forbid, you might end up smelling like gasoline afterward.

To be fair, these Oregonians have a point: Pumping gas is a pretty difficult task, right up there with scraping your windshield and turning the heat on. And the fear of smelling like fuel is all too real when there isn't enough time in the day to shower.

SMH
They could rewrite the story to this: Gas retailers with deep pockets are paying politicians big bucks in an effort to cut jobs, increase profits, and to inconvenience consumers.

rod

Retired 23 years

SMH
Just proves my point that the gene pool needs a good flushing out

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
A9450901-EF7D-44A9-987C-FA59F9264CED.jpeg

The road is covered with white stuff. I’m glad it’s only salt. :)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As I typed this there's two morons pumping gas sitting in their vehicles with them running.

I do this all the time during winter-----pull up to pump, swipe credit card, put nozzle in tank, set clip to keep nozzle open, get back in warm car, watch fuel gauge, get out when nozzle shuts off, top off tank, return nozzle to pump and put fuel cap back in place.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I do this all the time during winter-----pull up to pump, swipe credit card, put nozzle in tank, set clip to keep nozzle open, get back in warm car, watch fuel gauge, get out when nozzle shuts off, top off tank, return nozzle to pump and put fuel cap back in place.
Can't read the big sign at every pump that says shut off engine?