By Invitation Only

oldngray

nowhere special
1881 was the original home. Lots of add ons
My grandparents house was similar but not quite as old. Originally built in 1920's. My grandfather was a carpenter and kept adding more rooms through the years. Eventually they closed off most of the house and just lived in a couple of rooms in the back and used a coal stove for heat. They didn't need most of the space or afford the expense of taking care of the whole house.

rod

Retired 23 years
My grandparents house was similar but not quite as old. Originally built in 1920's. My grandfather was a carpenter and kept adding more rooms through the years. Eventually they closed off most of the house and just lived in a couple of rooms in the back and used a coal stove for heat. They didn't need most of the space or afford the expense of taking care of the whole house.

My house is way bigger than it needs to be. Its always the women who want a bigger house. In a good world the garage would always be twice the size of the house.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My house is way bigger than it needs to be. Its always the women who want a bigger house. In a good world the garage would always be twice the size of the house.
Lol. I’ve seen some houses like that. I would be happy with a house that’s less than 2,000 sq ft. I just want a nice sized kitchen.

oldngray

nowhere special
My grandfather did have a very nice workshop with about every kind of woodworking tool in a separate building.

rod

Retired 23 years
My grandfather did have a very nice workshop with about every kind of woodworking tool in a separate building.

I've got a 28 X 36 separate building complete with full bathroom that is my shop. I keep it heated all winter. Sometimes I spend more time there than my house although the older I get that is changing. I used to love to go out there and tinker with and build stuff. Now days I mostly go out there and watch tv and have a beer or two---unless the neighbor stops over then its more.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I've got a 28 X 36 separate building complete with full bathroom that is my shop. I keep it heated all winter. Sometimes I spend more time there than my house although the older I get that is changing. I used to love to go out there and tinker with and build stuff. Now days I mostly go out there and watch tv and have a beer or two---unless the neighbor stops over then its more.
Please allow me to translate:

I run to my mancave to escape. I'm free there to sit on my arse, watch TV and pound a few beers. My neighbor also runs away from his wife to my mancave in order to enjoy man style- peace and quiet. We get plastered free of nagging .

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
D3C57068-9881-4BD0-B832-70639E647498.jpeg
Hoopties? Never heard that term.