By Invitation Only

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Is it my imagination or does it seem like so many millennials have high anxiety???? What’s up with that?
Parents.

All kids have anxiety. Some are told to figure it out. Others are babied.

Not anxiety but the other day Ava got her ball stuck. Came crying to me yo get it for her. I told her no. A couple of moms near by were appalled. They rushed to get her ball for her.

I told them get the :censored2: away from the ball she can get it. She pouted about 10 seconds then climbed up and got her ball

MeLlamoMud

I'm going to disappoint you.
Too many kids are getting labeled with autism. They keep expanding the definition to include more kids with problems. Even worse is when they start loading them up with medication to control their behavior.
I'm an "Autism Momma". What you are referring to is the Autism spectrum and yes they've changed it. My son was coded Aspergers, they removed that completely, now he is under the AU code. All of the kids in the SpEd classes have very specific behaviors that got them that code. In the over 16 years I've dealt with this kind of stuff only one doctor out of many ever approached me talking about medication. Not trying to say what you are stating doesn't happen...just speaking from experience.

oldngray

nowhere special
Parents.

All kids have anxiety. Some are told to figure it out. Others are babied.

Not anxiety but the other day Ava got her ball stuck. Came crying to me yo get it for her. I told her no. A couple of moms near by were appalled. They rushed to get her ball for her.

I told them get the :censored2: away from the ball she can get it. She pouted about 10 seconds then climbed up and got her ball

Is it any wonder how kids end up spending their lives in Mommy's basement?

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm an "Autism Momma". What you are referring to is the Autism spectrum and yes they've changed it. My son was coded Aspergers, they removed that completely, now he is under the AU code. All of the kids in the SpEd classes have very specific behaviors that got them that code. In the over 16 years I've dealt with this kind of stuff only one doctor out if many ever approached me talking about medication. Not trying to say what you are staying doesn't happen...jist speaking from experience.

They keep changing the definition of Aspergers. Once it was almost never heard of, then went to be a catch all diagnosis, then back to a more limited definition. I have known a few kids with Aspergers and a couple (teenagers) who used the label as an excuse or crutch for their behavior. Others had real problems at the other end of the scale and I don't know where they would be classified now.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They keep changing the definition of Aspergers. Once it was almost never heard of, then went to be a catch all diagnosis, then back to a more limited definition. I have known a few kids with Aspergers and a couple (teenagers) who used the label as an excuse or crutch for their behavior. Others had real problems at the other end of the scale and I don't know where they would be classified now.
"Wacked".

MeLlamoMud

I'm going to disappoint you.
My great uncle was one of those in a time in which it was never heard of. Never diagnosed because they didn't have a name for it. They just called him stupid and left it at that.

For my family, a lot of our stuff seems to run in our genes even. He had high functioning Aspergers like my middle child. Super intelligent, can dance circles around you when it comes to certain topics but had a hard time connecting with people. My son had to be taught how to make facial expressions as well as taught how to read others faces. He still struggles but it doesn't slow him down.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lots of kids are the spectrum are just different and we have at label it to make them feel better about net they're different.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I knew some kids in High School that could barely read, but boy could they rebuild a engine or make a beautiful table out of wood.